“Perfect for relaxing and getting away from it all!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bucket List Experience!
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Delray Beach
Coral Gables, Florida
“Perfect for relaxing and getting away from it all!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Cranes and were very pleased (so was our pup!!). We really enjoyed our suite and both pools. The location is perfect to walk to many restaurants and the beach (I do wish the beach was pet friendly because our dog loves the beach). I enjoyed the breakfast being served until 11am since most days we slept in until 10:30 (sometimes even had to set an alarm to make it to breakfast) It was so nice getting to sleep in in their very comfortable bed! I could stay there all day and be a happy camper! Breakfast is pretty simple (fruit, 2 cereal choices, toast, muffins, quiches, etc), so it would be nice to see more flare go into the breakfast, or at least a variety of dishes depending on the day of the week so you don't have to eat the same breakfast daily if you are staying more than one or two nights. The only other change I would make would be to make the hotel NON SMOKING. There seemed to be a lot of smokers during our stay and honestly, a lot of smokers in Delray Beach in general. We are not use to being around cigarette smoke all of the time (even at all the restaurants), so that took some getting use to. You are allowed to smoke at the pools, so sometimes we did move to the other pool or another chair to not be so close to it. I think it would be nice to at least see the pools go non smoking; especially because there were kids swimming. Our suite was well equipped with everything we needed. We would have liked a ceiling fan of some sort, but other than that, we didn't need a thing. We did hear the A/C dripping at night, but we got use to it and the A/C worked just fine. The staff is wonderful! Everyone is so very friendly and go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. We were able to check out many restaurants in the area and enjoyed our time at Cranes. We really enjoyed the cookies in the lobby, the lemon water stations throughout, and just the overall peacefulness of Cranes. We will recommend it to all of our friends and family and plan to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Loganville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We are just leaving our #8 room at the Cranes and we are very sad to go. I absolutely love the we were in a tropical paradise with a quite, relaxing pool and 1 block to the beach. So convenient! Breakfast was not great mini quiche, fruit, danish, the time was the worst for us as they only opened 9-11 and we were up early going to the beach by then to beat the sun. Luna Rosa and Bostons open at 7am though. or cook in the room in the great gally style kitchen. Mosquitoes were awful but I heard they had alot of rain the week before. Overall we loved our room and stay and would love to go back. Definitly recommend!
Oh, one of the best parts was they provided a pack-n-play and highchair free of charge for the baby. :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is simply beautiful with its lush tropical landscaping and suites that make you feel like you are in a private beach house. The friendly and attentive staff makes the stay complete. Even though I am lucky enough to live in the area and enjoy the beauty of Delray Beach/Boca Raton every day, I truly enjoyed my stay at Crane's and plan on staying there again. Atlantic Avenue and A1A are a short walk away and have many restaurants and nightspots. Delray's beautiful beach is a block away. I celebrated my 50th birthday weekend at Crane's. On Saturday night I had a birthday party with friends and family at Crane's huge Tiki Hut. Everyone loved the location and kept commenting on the fact that even though we were in our own 'backyard' we felt like we were on some tropical Caribbean island.

Room Tip: Recommend getting a 1 or 2 bedroom suite... worth the upgrade to have a separate living area and com...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed two nights at Crane's with my 16 year old daughter and my bff from high school. We had the best time and it was so nice. The staff were so friendly and attentive. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I felt like a was a million miles away when we entered the gates into the lush gardens. The pools were perfect and we even went for a late night swim. The breakfast was served underneath a spacious Tiki Hut which only added to the charm of the place. The grounds are dotted with fountains so all street noise is washed away. I could stay a month at Cranes. Hope to get back soon. Kathy from Seattle

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I simply loved it since I arrived! The place is very nice, cozy, and the service is great. The rooms are ver spacious and have all you may need, you can even ask for movies at the reception! Tha pool area is the best for relaxing! :)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was a departure for me and my family as we generally are the Hilton, Westin, Sheraton kind of people. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I looked and looked for a short stay getaway and eventually ended up looking for around the Boca Raton area no reason just due to location, weather and restaurants. I booked the Crane not expecting a 5 star experience. However, in all honesty it was a 10 in our opinion . While not directly on the ocean it is easily a 5 min, walk to anywhere. The resort like atmosphere made me feel like I was on an Island you would never know you were in the middle of a city. The rooms spacious enough ours was no 6 on the main floor looking out into gardens and on one of the two pools. While they are not huge they are perfect for the number of guests that are there. The Tiki bar is an awesome experience at nights with great atmosphere, great entertainment and an awesome bar tender. The continental breakfast (a surprise ) was good and adequate for us and it was served poolside. The loungers in the pool area ( complete with soft sand) are great and not one negative can be said about any of the staff, housekeeping or management. The rooms were spacious, our bed huge and comfortable the pullout sofa my son (21) slept on was also good. the kitchen small but with everything we would need. Outside our unit was a cute patio surrounded by palm trees with a bistro table and chairs great for reading with my morning coffee or wine before heading out . The area of Delray is second to none. Restaurants abound, in any cuisine you could imagine and many of the establishments have nightly band, musicians and entertainment. They are packed every night of the week. We had an amazing dinner at an Italian restaurant on the corner by the railroad tracks..across from the rocking bar Johnny Rockets I believe.iThey even custom made an Italian dish for my son. Service Impeccable. We ate at CUT steakhouse another awesome meal but more expensive but once again impeccable service, atmosphere and a meal that will never be forgotten. If you can make a trip to the state of Florida I must say DeRay is an area not to be missed. There are allot of Seniors, but then hey where are there not. But I was with my husband 50 and my 21 year old son. We enjoyed the entire experience. The shining star was the CRANE Beach House..I cannot forget the wonderful time we had and am definitely going back. It would be an amazing resort for a family reunion, girls getaway, mens weekend, family time or even a small wedding could be done if done right..I cannot stress enough you must try to get to CRANE even if you can manage a weekend you will not be disappointed. It is eclectic the decor different in every unit but if you are open to new and unique this is the place to be!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review from room number 20 at cranes. It's a one bedroom suite and it's as big as a condominium! The grounds are lush and beautiful with blooming plants, there are two small salt water swimming pools, and the location can't be beat. We are one block south of Atlantic Avenue, the fun Main Street in Delray, and everything is within walking distance. There's even free golf cart taxi service around town that will take you to local restaurants for just a gratuity.

This staff is excellent both on the phone and in person. I can't say enough about how much we are enjoying this place, and we will most definitely be back. Check out their special pricing, you will not find a nicer place for this kind of money.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar

Crane`s Beachhouse Hotel And Tiki Bar
Cranes Beach Hotel
Cranes Beach Delray
Address: 82 Gleason Street, Delray Beach, FL 33483
Location: United States > Florida > Delray Beach
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Romantic Hotel in Delray Beach
#2 Family Hotel in Delray Beach
#5 Business Hotel in Delray Beach
Hotel Class:3 star — Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar 3*
Offering an incredible Key West-like experience just one block away from the Atlantic Ocean, Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar is a fun and festive boutique hotel with 27 distinctive and luxurious guest suites, all nestled within a lush, tropical setting. This creates a real tranquil environment, even though the hotel is just steps away from the shops and restaurants along Delray Beach's hot and happening Atlantic Avenue. The two poolside Tiki Bars are stocked with an array of tropical drinks, wines and both domestic and imported beer, with a music-filled happy hour from 5 to 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Crane’s BeachHouse is a proud recipient of the Florida Superior Small Lodging Association’s prestigious Donal A. Dermody White Glove Award 2010 for housekeeping excellence and exceptional service. In addition, the hotel was recently named to the Expedia Insiders’ Select™ list, which formally recognizes individual hotels worldwide that consistently deliver excellent service, a great overall experience and a notable value. The full list represents only a small percentage of the world’s top hotels from the more than 110,000 hotel properties offered on Expedia.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Crane's BeachHouse Hotel & Tiki Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.