“My GOD, I am going to marry her there!” 5 of 5 stars

Sundy House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 S Swinton Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Delray Beach
Lantana, Florida, United States
“My GOD, I am going to marry her there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed in Room #9, wish the bed was mounted more securely, the place is a lover's dream :)....however; it was a dream night. Everything was perfect. Got the cottage for my birthday in 2 months. So love her. Staying in room #5.profit! for both of us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here in one of the cottages and would love to stay again! It was superb! It was like your own little home tucked away in paradise. You would never suspect that downtown Delray was just a skip away. Cab service was great. Brunch is delectable. I have been to Sundy house a few times before, for brunch and it's always been memorable. I've never stayed in anything but the cottage, so i can't tell you how other rooms are. If you're going to stay here...make it memorable! STAY IN A COTTAGE :) you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is not a big corporate one, or a new "boutique" hotel, it's the real thing--an older set of buildings in beautiful gardens with fish ponds, trees, nooks to sit in. The staff could not have been nicer or warmer, from the front desk to valet stand to housekeeping and maintenance. Yes, my room did require some work from maintenance--but everyone was so nice about it, I hardly minded.

Be aware that weekends are likely to have wedding parties--that comes with the territory. Before I left, a couple asked me to take their photo. She was about to give birth, obviously (a boy) and they'd been married there a year before and were back to have brunch before their life changed for a good long time. That's classic Sundy House, I think. Not the quietest, not quite up to certain kinds of taste/standards--but a wonderful place that people love.

My one request would be one more lamp per room--the balconys, so nice to sit out on, also mean there are overhangs that keep light from coming in through the windows.

(Refrigerators & nice Keurig coffee machines in the rooms a good bonus, I'll add--and the little pool, where you swim with the fishes by a stone waterfall, and the world is entirely happy.)

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I know lots of people like this one, but it wasn't for us. The big thing is the gardens and natural pool, for good reason. I didn't try the food, but the garden setting is lovely. However, the accommodations are really lacking. We were in an "equestrian" room - kinda ugly and zero relation stylewise to the rest of the hotel. Our bed was too soft, the pillows lumpy, and lots of mold in the bathroom. And dark, dark, dark. We escaped after one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family went out for a New Year's Eve celebration at the Sundy House restaurant for their four course prix fixe menu. Upon arrival we were promptly seated at the Gazebo table in their back courtyard. The table was absolutely beautiful and the courtyard had an incredible ambiance to it. The tables were set far enough apart from other diners that we were all able to clearly hear each other and enjoy the outdoor atmosphere.
Our waiter, Valentin, was very attentive. My mother in law is a big fan of chef Lindsay Autry from Top Chef Texas. We made the request earlier in the evening to meet her if it was possible. Since it was New Year's Eve we knew she would be very busy in the kitchen.
Our food was fantastic. We all had something different from the menu and it was all delicious. As we were finishing up - chef Lindsay stopped by our table and said hello! It was a wonderful way to end our meal and my mother in law was very happy to meet her.
I've been to many of the other restaurants in the Delray Beach area and this is by far one of the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

You would never believe such a beautiful place could be hidden right off the strip in Delray Beach. The ambiance was romantic & delightful. The service was 5 star!! Our waiter, Michael, was on point. He was courteous, paid attention to every detail of our order. He even had chef prepare food not offered on the menu to cater to my special diet. "Thanks again, Michael". Food was superb...my filet was cooked to perfection, and it melted in your mouth.

I will definitely come back and recommend to others.

Thank you so much for making our holiday meal a very memorable & special day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Big Sky, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

An historic little gem tucked away in Delray Beach, Florida...

You literally feel like you're a million miles from civilization, yet a short stroll from the amazing Atlantic Avenue thoroughfare. Delray Beach is a slice of old Florida that still exists. The town has strict zoning laws so they have been able to maintain its historic charm, pedestrian sensibility and architectural soul.

At the Sundy House, you can live life in a cozy bungalow, surrounded by lush tropical settings and best of all pools that you can swim in that have native tropical fish swimming at your feet. And I have to mention the professionalism of the staff - first class all around.

If you enjoy unique, authentic and historic settings this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sundy House? Share your experiences!