“More Upscale” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
50 Ocean at Boston's on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 360 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience. Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Nevada
“More Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I found 50 Ocean a place to dress up for our last night in Delray Beach and enjoy a comfortable dinner together. 50 Ocean had the right atmosphere, and a nice view of the ocean. Their menu and specials were very appealing. My wife had a special while I had the sword fish. Both were very good.

Visited September 2013

west palm beach fl
“too complicated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had heard so much about this restaurant and were looking forward to a lovely fish dinner. The views, décor and service were all exceptional, but the food was way too complicated. It felt like a chef just coming our of culinary school and showing off. We had grouper and lobster, but they were unrecognizable. Both were hidden under sauce, overstuffed, over seasoned, over everything. My fish was served with burnt brussels sprouts and cheesy potatoes (cheese with fish?), and the lobster was served with fried rice and cheese balls (again with the cheese!). Everything was spiced with something we couldn't identify but definitely didn't like. Why do this with perfectly good fish? I agree with George Davis review below. With so many choices in Delray, we won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“Too Pricey for Our Tastes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to 50 Ocean, sat down and looked over the menu for a minute and left because the prices were very high for an afternoon snack. The service seemed like it would be excellent, but we packed up and moved on.

Visited September 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
“Oceanfront Dining - Delray Beach, Fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

New oceanfront restaurant restaurant opened in 2012 to rave reviews - great menu, innovative cuisine, crafted cocktails, indoor and outdoor seating make this spot one of my favorites to return to. Chef-centric, casual, upscale, stylish interiors. Love Chef Blake - up and comer in South Florida culinary scene.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“A quiet dinner -served to you with perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had just moved to Delray Beach when I heard the local buzz about a new upscale restaurant that would be overlooking the ocean.It opened 6 months after I moved here.Since I am a tight budget,I asked my brother to take me there during his visit with me.I am not a "Foodie" at all.But my brother will only eat in the finest restaurants.When I made the reservation,I made sure to ask for a table overlooking the ocean.The best way to get one of these tables is to go to dinner at 5:30 or 6 at the latest.From the moment I walked into the restaurant,I knew I was hooked.The waiter waits until you are seated until he asks whether you would like something to drink.He is not in any hurry-he acts like you can stay forever.Since my brother is a connoisseur of good food,he starts chatting with the waiter-about how fresh are the lobsters-since there was no price for them on the menu.I started to think that if my brother was getting lobster,well so would I. He ordered the appetizer for us-all i remember is that it had melted goat cheese.It was mouth watering.We tried not to have more then 3 pieces of bread each-warm and right out of the oven.When the lobsters came I just stared.We each had a one pound lobster.It was probably the best lobster I have ever had.I never wanted it to end.When it came time for dessert-my brother said he was going to pass."What,I said?' he told me desserts weren't his thing.They were my thing especially if it was key lime pie.I find either people love or hate key lime pie.So I questioned the water with way too many questions -until he told me he thought I would like it.Best key lime pie ever.And I have had many portions of key lime pie.What can I say? I have been back 4 times-when my brother is in town-or when someone else takes me.I love this restaurant-it is never crowded-you feel like you are all alone with whoever you are with.I must say -it is in the top 5 restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of experience a food high-if I may call it that.If you are in Delray,Florida-it is a must on your list!!!-M.B.

• Visited April 2013