“Great food and service, but the manager could use alot of manners.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DIG

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NW 8th Avenue
Delray Beach
“Great food and service, but the manager could use alot of manners.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The service and the food is really good, but the way the manager treated the wait staff was totally uncalled for. I think the owner should give the manager some lessons on treating the help with some class. He was the ONLY reason I, and my family will not go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delray Beach
“Charming location, excellent service, organic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We live in Delray and dine out at least once per week., but this was our 1st visit to DIG. It's tucked into a charming plaza located on East Atlantic Ave. It was a lovely night, so we asked to be seated outside. From the moment we were seated, throughout dinner and dessert, we had an excellent experience. Food quality was excellent. Everything was prepared as requested and the table service was spot on, yet unobtrusive. We were particularly impressed with the knowledge and attention of our server. He advised us re: appropriate, very reasonably-priced wine to accompany our meal and immediately noticed a small "miss" in our order (incorrect salad dressing for one of us). He instantly apologized and offered to return the entire meal to the kitchen. We declined and enjoyed a delightful, appropriately-paced dinner. A great place for a quiet breakfast, lunch or dinner only a few steps away from the bustle of other Atlantic Avenue restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Inconsistent, no manager and strange wait staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our food was okay, vegan is not their specialty, our waiter called us (1 man and 1 woman) "guys" 12 ish times then switched to "dear" 6 ish times at the end of our visit. I guess "inappropriate" wasn't part of her training. The wine was ok, we had to ask for everything twice, water, bread, forks. The place was slow but the staff would disappear from the dining room for long periods of time. All tolled it is poorly managed, inconsistently prepared food (some was great and some was bland) the service was just odd. I won't even try to explain the talkative busboy's detailed descriptions of the other employees, the jobs he walked away from half done and the weird scramble to keep the outside chairs from getting water spots! The one high note (other than my date) was the dessert! Too bad the dessert chef doesn't run the place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DigSteven, General Manager at DIG, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I'm sorry you had such a unsatisfying experience. I wish you would have asked for management because their is always somebody on premises. I looked at the date and I was in the kitchen due to a staffing problem in the kitchen that day. I have remedied that problem. If you care to give us another chance please ask for Steven on your next visit so I may attempt to make up for your last experience.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Organic, good and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Repeat diner. Today I had the scallops with quinoa and Kalamata olives. Yummy. Sometimes less is better. The scallops were perfectly cooked and per my request - the chef used no salt. Everything is made to order. There is no PREpared food here. Everything is organic and cooked per your request.

I love the sofas which provide an intimate dining experience. If you prefer al fresco, you can dine outside and enjoy live music.

The staff is there to cater to your needs and make your dining experience a pleasant one.

There is a full bar with organic and inorganic libations. If you like fresh, organic food - DIG is Doing It Green and good!

• Visited April 2013
DigSteven, General Manager at DIG, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the intimacy of our lounge area. It makes us happy to read comments such as yours. Thank-you!
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Organic, good and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

You can have it cooked to order. I requested that the cook not use salt and my wish was granted. I had scallops which were perfectly cooked. it came with quinoa and kalamata olives - yummy! The staff is very competent and aim to please. On a beautiful Sunday evening the entertainment was steel drum music in the courtyard which takes you from Delray to the Caribbean.
Inside are comfortable couches and the staff will give you privacy but still cater to all of your needs.
Who says fresh organic food can't be good and good for you? DIG does both very well!

• Visited April 2013
DigSteven, General Manager at DIG, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. I must confess the scallops are one of my favorites. We are pleased to hear you liked the music and will continue to offer pleasurable sounds at DIG.