“Exceptional Family Run Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 344 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Oceanside, NY
“Exceptional Family Run Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

While house hunting in Delray with our cousins, my husband and I had one of our best dining experiences. We were first greeted by Yvette who treated us to a free pitcher of delicious red sangaria due to us having to wait for a table (the wait wasn't all that long). Upon being seated, we were then greeted by Yvette's sister Rosa who gave us an extemely warm welcome. The food was spectacular. We started with the empanada special and Olivia's Couselette which is a garlic lover's dream. For our entree we all shared paella (it takes an hour to make so order as soon as you get there). It was one of the most amazing dishes I had ever eaten not to mention beautifully served. We also had the pleasure of meeting sister Anna (who was the chef) as well as her mother and brother. The entire family was warm and friendly and all took the time to visit our table and speak to us. The night ended with dessert. Tres leche cake and flan. Both of which were delectible. Hopefully, we're successful in our house hunting so that we can become regular customers at this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Wonderful Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Papa's Cafe has changed its name to Papa's Tapas and moved to its new location at 259 NE 2nd Avenue in the trendy Pineapple Grove section of Delray Beach. The new place is roomier and more comfortable while the food and service remain wonderful. The red sangria is the best that we've had in sometime. Our entrees were delicious. We will return!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“A touch of Spain in Delray Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

WOW! My friends and I were blown away with this wonderful little restaurant, We were greeted with friendly service by Lynn, and the fabulous chef and general manager Yvette Meneses along the gifted Chef Cristobal.
In terms of the food? Amazing! We started with a cazuelita with shrimp, calamari, scallops,mushrooms, and chorizo, all sautéed with garlic and olive oil at $7.95.This appetizer could easily be a meal with the wonderful homemade sangria.
We also had chicken and beef empanadas, we left nothing on our plates.All of our main entres were wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. We had skirt steak, pulled pork, and two fish entres all served with sweet plantains and black beans.For desert, we had a blueberry flan with cafe con leche.Everything we tried was terrific.
This has quickly become a favorite restaurant.They will be moving shortly to the Pinaplle Groove section of downtown Delray beach.

• Visited July 2012
“Holy Crap! I'm Amazed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I am from Texas and thought we would try Spanish instead of Mexican. We started with the best sangria EVER! Our appetizer was the sautéed mushrooms. OMG! Mushrooms, Spanish sausage, garlic, spices, to die for! I had a grilled bone in pork chop that was so tender that I could cut it with my fork. My wife had the Polo Dulcinea ( chicken covered in shrimp and spices). LIFE CHANGING! Black beans and rice were wonderful. At first we were really discourages at the small space with no atmosphere. The food and the EXCEPTIONAL service more than make up for it! Do NOT pass this place up.

Pensacola, Florida
“Worth the trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Small family run Spanish restaurant. Visited last month. Service excellent. Sangria homemade, good, maybe a touch too sweet for my tasted. Prices reasonable. Next time I'll call ahead for the seafood paella. Food was plentiful and tasty.

• Visited May 2012