“fair at best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 340 restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Jimmy's Bistro... the menu is ever-changing featuring fresh, hand made pastas, cheeses, sausages and pates as well as meat, fish and seafood dishes with French, Italian and Asian influences.
Delray Beach, Florida
“fair at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

as a local i always want to frequent local businesses. i have not been to jimmy's until recently because i love a nice cold vodka before dinner. (jimmy's is beer and wine only) i broke out of my shell a few saturdays ago and tried jimmy's. all i can say is fair. the server seemed annoyed with her job and less than welcoming when she was serving us. her service was incongruous to the atmosphere. the food was ok or fair. i wouldnt run back anytime soon.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“A disppointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We wanted to try some place that we hadn't been in Delray Beach, and after reading the reviews on this site, we decided to try Jimmy's and convinced our friends to join us. We thought that since it was such a small place, it would be less noisy than the other restaurants we've been to on Atlantic Avenue. Well, it was not less noisy. There were just fewer tables. It was packed and the wait staff was not able to keep up. Service was extremely slow, and the glass of wine I ordered with my main course never appeared at all. My friends ordered the mahi-mahi and were disappointed with the size of the portions. They also said their dish was overly salty. I had the hanger steak. It was okay, maybe a little on the fatty side. My husband had the roasted duck. He said that was good, but he didn't rave about it. Because of the number of good reviews, I am guessing that our food and service was so lackluster because the place was simply overcrowded. I don't think I want to go back any time soon, though.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Sublime meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Honestly the best restaurant main course I have had in years. Appetizer and Dessert left room for improvement, however. The main meal: coconut thai crusted fish was phe-nom-e-nal--in four words or less ( : the appetizer of tuna tartar was lackluster in taste and presentation, with an unexpectedly huge portion size-it seemed like a pile of mush really. I couldn't even finish it (unusual for me). We ordered a bottle of pinot, an award winner out of Ohio of all places (what?) which was truly divine. The dessert was a disaster, which i kind of suspected when the hostess/waitress (same person) paired every option with "Haagen Daz" ice cream-never a good sign as far as creativity. Jimmy evidently does not have a sweet tooth, so if I were you just skip the dessert, walk off the meal into town where there are many options for a sweet ending. Bottom line, I will definitely go back, that fish and wine are still humming gently in my ear....

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Small place-great food-wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We found this place by reading reivews because we wanted to try a new place in Delray Beach. The place is small but cozy, chairs are very comfortable, bread warm and fresh right out of the oven. Amazing pear salad (ask for dressing on the side for those who does not like garlic). We did not have dessert. We enjoyed the restaurant so much that we even compliment the chef in person.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“"Hidden" Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I'd say Jimmy's is "hidden" because it's off the hustle/bustle of Atlantic Ave. Intimate, casual, delicious! Wonderful food, terrific staff. A special place to go; make a reservation! 6 of us all had something different - all wonderful!

• Visited March 2012