“Excellent Hotel right on the Beach” 5 of 5 stars

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 E. Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33483   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Delray Beach
New York City, New York
“Excellent Hotel right on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I visited Delray a year ago and instantly fell in love with this beachy town. We stayed at another hotel but noticed the Seagate right away when we walked to the beach. We took a look around and the staff was very friendly and gave us a tour. We saw the spa, pool, gift shop and restaurant. We instantly regretted now staying here. I promised my wife next time this is the place we'd stay. I planned a surprise weekend getaway and stayed last weekend. Wow what a hotel and experience. We were treated so well and besides the beach didn't want to leave the hotel. We had excellent sea food at their restaurant and my wife did the full spa treatment. We can't wait to come back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east have Water views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
denver, co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a fine hotel - everyone with whom we interacted was friendly and anxious to help make our stay enjoyable. The other reviews have accurately described the rooms, convenience of the car to drop you within a mile, and the lovely Beach Club.
The one annoyance to me is that we were charged a $30/day resort fee which did not include WiFi in the room. I think this is ridiculous when you can get free WiFi in a room in a 2 or 3 star motel in the middle of nowhere America. Yes, it's nice to have a newspaper and a few perks, but WiFi should certainly be in there.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor (4) away from Atlantic Avenue.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had originally booked to stay at the Marriott Delray, but a friend was there and they had construction work going on so they checked out and walked down the street to the Seagate Hotel.so they advised us to change.I am glade they did

The marriott is very corporate and the Seagate is more personal.
I could not fault the hotel at all , the room was well appointedand the facilities were first class..The thing that I really noticed was the staff went out their way with a " Can Do Attitude " they could not do enough to help you from the front desk to the valet boys
The hotel has its own beach club that is also first class, with great food and service, the only down side to the beach club is last orders for dinner is 8.00pm , but thats America for you
I will definatelt reyrn to the Seagate

Room Tip: the top floor you get a bit of a view
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have stayed here before redone maybe 5 years ago
Outside architecture charming Interior super modern and so are rooms
They said they were booked but I got room on jet setter site easily.
The bar at night is full of crazy middle aged people on the make. We got our drinks and left!
Sometimes room service doesn't answer and car parkers too chessy friendly
But overall would stay again
Lots of families w young kids
Good spa

• Stayed April 2013
Winfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Beautiful hotel!! Clean, large room. Easy walk to the beach club, even though they had a trolley to take you there. Had a nice lunch at beach club. Short walk to awesome cafes on Atlantic Ave. Overall.....fantastic!!! Would definitely stay here again!!

Syosset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Here's what we liked: the balcony, room layout, the bathroom, the location and the availability of a car to take you within a three mile radius. The beach club was lovely and about a mile away - or a car ride that was readily available. We strolled over the bridge to downtown Delray for breakfast at the Green Owl and dinner. Just the ultra-relaxing trip we needed. Loved being able to select a newspaper!

The gym was adequate and neither my husband nor I used the spa. OUr first night, there was no top sheet on the bed. This was corrected the second night without our having to say a word.

Negatives: When we arrived, a half eaten cliff bar was in the snack tray. I immediately notified the front desk and had to remind them all through our stay. The thing was never removed and is probably still sitting there [yuck!]. The bathroom is very attractive, but the the shower floor is marble and has no strips to prevent falls. The promised non-slip mat I requested 3 times never appeared. But the staff were very nice!

Pretty good value for $400 a night, though a complimentary continental breakfast would have been a nice addition.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After reading some of the reviews and speaking to the staff on the phone. I almost switched to the Marriott. However, I wanted to give this hotel a chance and I was not disappointed. In person as opposed to on the phone - the staff was very knowledgeable and polite. The valet was very attentive and offered water and other nice touches that you typically see at 5 star resorts. Check in was easy and quick at 5 pm. We were given room 416 – the top floor, a King deluxe with balcony on Atlantic Ave.
Room 416
The room was very spacious and immaculate about 500 sq. feet. Housekeeping was wonderful and was on our floor every morning at 8:30 when we left the room. Just turn on the service room button (I love hotels that have this!) and your room is done when you return a few hours later. You have your choice of complimentary newspaper that arrives about 8 am. The balcony is very big, table, 4 chairs, another lounge chair and small side table with an arbor overhead. The room has a very nice wet bar with wine glasses, fully stock fridge with very reasonably priced wines, liquor, club soda, soft drinks. Also available are assorted other snacks for a fee and Fiji water, along with a large blue bottle of sparkling water $6 daily. Toiletries where Gilchrest and soames. The bed is very soft, comfy and lines again are immaculate. We ordered room service twice. The American breakfast $16 pp, eggs, ham, toast or bagel, potatoes arrived hot and were very good! Also the hummus plate was very good as well. The bathroom again, very spacious, with walk in stone shower and very large soaking tub. Turndown service arrived every night and provided extra towels, with a nice flower. My tip – spend a little extra and get this deluxe room on a high floor. If you have triple AAA they offer a small discount.
We did not eat at the Atlantic Grille but chose instead to hit the restaurants in the town of Delray (Salt, Racks Oyster Bar, Café De France) but if your there for a weekend definitely check out the piano player or band on Friday and Saturdays. There are two very cool aquariums and it seemed very lively at about 9 pm. There is a quick service type restaurant next to the gift shop that offers, snacks, coffee, water and breakfast.
The Beach Club
I read some reviews that people were surprised this hotel is not on the beach. I think the website can be a little deceiving because it features the beach club prominently. The Beach club is a mile away on A1A. There is shuttle service offered (2 white Mercedes SUV’s) that run constantly. We never had to wait. There is a shuttle trolley but I never saw that being used. I heard the hotel is buying 2 more Mercedes SUV’s. The beach club itself is very nice with pool, 2 restaurants and service to the beach. They set up umbrellas, etc…We did not try the restaurant as we left by lunch time to try a restaurant in town. I found the beach club very relaxing and the staff polite. The locker room, bathroom facilities were clean but a little small especially if the beach club is busy. We arrived early and left early so we did not encounter crowds there.
Spa
My husband had a massage and said it was fabulous. However, the steam room was not working. Other than that he said the facilities were very nice
To summarize, I think the Seagate is lovely and I would return again. The location is great (in the heart of Delray and walking to shopping great restaurants) and I always enjoy the town of Delray. With regards to some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, for the price of $400 and up, I would have to say yes, based on the theory that you get what you pay for, this hotel is about a $400/night and up (depending on room category) hotel. Travel unfortunately is not cheap and it seems that it’s always about location 1st AND 2nd the hotel itself!

Room Tip: book a deluxe room on the high floors - Atlantic Ave side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!