“Not on the Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Florida
“Not on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The two negatives:

1) it's 4 blocks from the beach, and close to a mile between the Beach Club and the Hotel. The adverting photos focusing on the Seagate Beach Club, create a bit of a false impression.

2) Our "Courtyard" view room had a view of a gravel roof, and a parking garage, 10 feet over.

The positives:

1) the Beach club is lovely.

2) the location on Atlantic Avenue is convenient for shopping, bars, and restaurants.

3) Room was relatively large and nicely decorated.

4) the outdoor dining at the restaurant is very pleasant with seating around fire pits.

If you don't have to be on the Ocean, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the "courtyard" room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I booked this hotel over 6 months ago I requested and was assured that I would have adjoining rooms for my wife and our two 12 year old kids. When we checked in they saw this request but for some reason were unable to live up to their assurance that we would in fact have adjoining rooms. After a few hours we were given two rooms at either end of the hallway. Additionally upon checkin I was informed that there was some work being done on the beach outside of the beach club that would prohibit beach access for a few days. Some work involved multiple pieces of heavy equipment and large "pipes" which had to be 4 feet tall the entire length of the beach. AFter questioning several more staff after our return from the beach somebody finally told me the truth that this would continue through the entirety of our stay. Upon returning to the room at 4:00 p.m. we walked in to discover that housekeeping had yet to step foot in the room. This is all within the first 24 hours of our stay. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our second visit and we had the same overall positive experience. I screwed up the reservation and we couldn't stay the first night. Michael at the front desk could not have been more helpful and we came back the next day for two nights. The rooms are very nice and spacious and we enjoyed the west-facing balcony. We had a very nice dinner at the beach club on a warm and rainy night with only one other party dining. I understand it can be very busy on nice evenings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Syosset, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We arrived from New York on Saturday for a short 4 night stay at The Seagate Resort & Spa. This was our third year in a row visiting Delray Beach, FL and staying here. Both previous trips were 5 star! Not this time though. Murphy's Law took over! We arrived at the hotel and checked four bags as it was about noon and our room wasn't available yet for check-in and we wanted to head to the great Beach Club that the hotel has. The weather was great and we returned to check-in at about 4PM. I asked to have our luggage sent up and that's when Murphy's Law took hold. The bellman, a very nice young man arrived at our room, but only with three bags. I was puzzled and so was he. Long story made short is that Jose, the Concierge, did everything in his power, including tracking the path my bags took since my arrival on the hotel's video camera tapes. Finally, after two and a half hours, my bag was found by the bellman. It was inadvertently delivered to the wrong room down the hall from my room. The occupants of that room were so intoxicated ( it was St. Patrick's Day Weekend), they had no idea they had an extra bag and that it wasn't even theirs. It was the bellman that figured it out! Jose and the rest of the staff were genuinely sorry for the mishap and made certain accomodations for my inconvenience. Unfortunately, on Sunday, the Town of Delray Beach was in the midst of dredging and replenishing the eroded beach with sand from the sea. This shut down the beach at the beach club for the balance of our stay. Very disappointing, but not within the control of the hotel. A few room mishaps also clouded the trip, but nothing we couldn't get past. The hotel restaurant, Atlantic Grille is outstanding and consistent. My wife enjoyed a great facial on our last day. The bottom line, even though it's pricey, give The Seagate Hotel & Spa a try. You'll be well taken care of!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience I had at the Seagate Hotel. I have added additional notes below to name and thank the individuals who took part in this great experience. I would reocmmned everyone look to this hotel as the Class of elegnace that most experienced travels wish to enjoy when going o a vacation of business trip. I will be returning with my family for spring break in 2014.

Room Tip: The accomodations were fantastic and the service was outstanding. I am so grateful to the concierge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and I will be back for more. The hotel is within walking distance of many great restaurants and shops. And there is a complimentary car service which runs within a five mile radius of the hotel until 11:00pm every day. We used this more than once and it was great. The bar area was very lively with entertainment that had most people dancing- a lot of fun. Good food in the restaurant at the hotel and at the beach club. The pool and beach club towels are complimentary. Check out the cool aquariums in the lobby and the restaurant. The staff was very helpful.
You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
South Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Interior/Staff MISFIRING on ALL but ONE!!!

Early check-in was a pleasant surprise(!) as the room/rooms had not been used the night before. The room key given did not open the door with the room number on it. I used the house phone to call the front desk, three attempts ten rings, NO ANSWER! Back to the front desk to join a bellman and return with him to have him open an unmarked door to the suite (he made NO offer to carry my duffle bag or pull my suit case nor did he accompany me in to introduce me to the property/workings of the rooms). The sales/reservationist sold me these rooms as a category not even listed on the website so verification was not possible (sq. ft., amenities, etc.). The bedroom was HUGH...king bed, FULL Soaker Bath, separate shower, large balcony overlooking the avenue/St. Paddy's Day Parade route. The "living" room was cramped but also had a balcony, fold out leather sofa, shower ONLY bathroom, and small round table. Both rooms had built in coffee service/mini-bar.

From the public hallway, with the door open, I could see a black STAIN the size of a Basket Ball on the carpet between the bed and the entertainment credenza. Having two bathrooms AND two beverage service zones...there was only ONE glass, fingerprints & lipstick were NOT mine!
The soaker tub had a dirty, rusted, chrome book bridge displaying a terrycloth headrest WITHOUT the inflatable bladder! There was a gummy substance on the drain head and dried water/dirt marks on the bottom of the tub. The power strip next to the desk was NOT working, nor were either iPod players! A tall lamp was oddly place next to a bedside table, which had also had a lamp. Calling the front desk after the noise of power tools from the next room was just a hint as to the extent of lies I would hear for the remainder of my stay!!! NO ONE , from the head of maintenance, to the head of housekeeping, to the GM at check-out, I repeat NO ONE owned the problem nor did they take it to a satisfactory conclusion. It was evident "THE" problem was mine, mine alone...and guests check out and take their problems with them, if only you get to the end of your shift, your home free! After all, they already had my money...NEXT!

Two highlights!
The young woman at the concierge desk was a great assistance posting a gift/letter with the desired date/postmark and as fate/small world would have it she was once a co-worker with the recipient (GM at a hotel in Boston).
Also the service from the barman. In all my years I've never more impressed with his discretion.
Food was GREAT!

**Tthe date of my stay was March 16th & 17th, 2012! I have never left a negative review till this indignity and wanted to be sure it was not done with the full force of the venom that I had welling up in me. Seems there's still some hanging around.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!