“My favorite pizza joint - go there 1 to 3 times a month” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 350 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers opened in Delray Beach in May 2008. Mellow Mushroom with its hip décor has become a gathering spot for locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is family friendly for lunch or dinner and serves fabulous hand tossed gourmet pizzas, mouth-watering appetizers, calzones, unique salads, hoagies, and more. We have recently introduced Mellow Happy Hour Everyday til 7:00pm. Our bar is a site to see offering 50 different craft beers on tap and 50 additional bottled beers. We deliver locally, Monday thru Friday 11:30-2:30. Check the website for specific specials, promotions and a full food and drink menu.
Palm Beach, Florida
“My favorite pizza joint - go there 1 to 3 times a month”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Who doesn't love a good pie? I order a thin crust italian sausage, sundried tomato and mushroom pizza with the spinach salad. Wife and I split it. The staff has been consistently great. They have a solid beer selection too. Try the nostradamus.

Go, relax and enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

naples, florida
“Loved the Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Great place and good food. I had the pizza with Thai Chil Sauce and it was wonderful. The crust was thin just the way I like it and very tasty.

Cardiff
“Crowded but cool place for pizza & beer - (sadly) not a place for lingering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

What I liked: the rock & roll paintings on the wall, especally the big Abbey Road mural. I don't think my dining companion & I chatted much - we were too busy admiring the walls!
Good choice of beers. Pizza was delicious!
What I didn't like: being squeezed into a corner booth & then having customers & staff climbing over me. The service was a bit over-efficient - I think they wanted to hurry us up & chase us out to make room for the next customers. We wanted to relax over a final beer but as soon as we said we didn't want coffee or dessert, the check came and then the waitress came back twice until we got the money together. Then she wiped down our table & tried to remove our (not quite) empty glasses. I also thought it was fairly expensive & the fact that we had eaten & felt like we'd been turned out in under an hour didn't make us feel like we'd had value for money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Florida
“What kind of pizza??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

They have the most unusual pizzas I have ever seen. It's a hard decision because there are so many choices. We're not talking sausage or pepperoni here. The 2 times I was there, I had the caesar salad pizza. Yes, they actually put a caesar salad on the pizza in the middle of it. Most unusual, but it was good. They come in various sizes, but the small is not quite enough for 2 people so we order 2 and take home the rest. For pizza it's pricey.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Pizza, beer, and fun -- what else do you need?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Right off of busy Atlantic Avenue, the Mellow Mushroom is a great place for tasty pizza. There are lots of varieties of pizza, as well as salads and sandwiches, too. Huge selection of beer. Very family-friendly location, with fun decor. We had a stellar server, which always makes the meal even better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere