“No suprises here...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Whitefish, Montana
“No suprises here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Enjoyed a nice Mediterranean meal at Joseph's on August 21. The proprietor was very warm and welcoming. My wife had a cod special that was quite good, the Mediterranean platter was very tasty as well, all vegetarian. Wine prices are fair. We are locals to this restaurant, living nearby. Dinner for two, with a couple of glasses of wine was $67.00. Outdoor seating available, albeit on the sidewalk, and a fair number of passersby.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Good wine list but greatly overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I happen to be in the wine business & some bottles were way out of range intended
The food was fair but the father and son team could not keep up.
Why they don't hire help is a mystery to us.....we waited 45 minutes for our food...too long & the food was just ok

Visited June 2014
Boston
“Charming Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Loved the decor inside and out. Food and wine delicious for all four of us. Mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had. We ordered the shake and bake pork (I'd order that next time), NY strip, ribeye and short ribs. Deconstructed smores dessert sufficient for 4.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Pretty good wine and decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

On a recent trip we visited Joseph's because of the reviews and the family style atmosphere that it is known for. The service was very pleasant, and there was a pretty good selection of wines, though I'm not much of a wine drinker myself, but my family is. The food was average, but nothing too special. I think once they've worked out the kinks of this place, it might have a chance at longevity.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent food excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went to dinner on a Saturday night and received excellent service. The service is provided by Joseph himself and his daughter and they are very hard-working. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals - he ordered Salmon and I ordered Chicken Kabobs. I ordered wine and my husband ordered a unique beer which he enjoyed. My entree came with pita and hummus - and the waitress said it was her mother's recipe from many years ago. You could tell it was a homemade recipe that had been perfected over the years and was not just commercially purchased hummus. Very yummy! We will definitely go back. We had a great Saturday night out!

• Visited June 2014