“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
DeLand, Florida, United States
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wonderful place to relax over coffee and food with friends. Loved the ambiance. Looking forward to taking my guests there. Friendly staff who were very helpful.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Deland
“Not my fav”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times. This place is very popular and has a great ambiance. But I don't care for their coffee or food. Even the darkest coffee I've tried is too weak and the food is just too bland for my taste. But a lot of locals think it's great.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
BostonCoffeehouse, Owner at Boston Coffeehouse, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time comment on my restaurant. We really work hard to earn a 5 star review and although you gave us high marks for ambience your opinion on our food is especially important. We will debuting a new menu soon with some new & healthy options in addition to the sandwiches that have won us Best Lunch and Best Specialty Sandwiches. May I suggest adding a shot of espresso to your coffee. Many of our customers who prefer strong coffee often add a shot of espresso to their drinks for the added body that they may prefer. I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future the earn your highest rating. If there's any suggestions that you may have to help us meet your expectations please contact me directly. Joe@BostonCoffeehouse.com
Orange City, FL
“Not Worth It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The ambiance of this place is adorable, even cozy, but that's not enough to save it.

It's quite crowded all the time, which wouldn't normally be a problem except for the tables and chairs that are packed in to this venue to the ceiling. Maneuvering is difficult, and finding an empty, clean table is even harder.

The coffee is really not bad, but for what is supposed to be the premier coffee shop in the area, "not bad" is disgraceful. Especially when the local gas station offers a more delicious brew. The espresso drinks are often so sweet it's like drinking straight syrup. Also, the espresso concoctions (of which there are many) are rarely more than tepid.

The food is nothing short of depressing. I've given this coffee shop many, many chances and have always made a point to try sometime new from their menu, but I've been skunked each time. The markups on these food items are laughable. $8 for a flour tortilla with some turkey and lettuce in it? Lots of poor quality microwave food that I could just as easily make at home. Their signature soup sounds delicious, but is laced with some odd spice (fennel maybe?) that ruins the experience. Some of their items are misrepresented on the menu, as well. I ordered the "Herbed Benedict" for which I was very excited, as eggs Benedict are my favorite. I was given a scrambled egg and ham sandwich with a splash of Hollandaise.

The waitresses are generally very pleasant, although perhaps a little inattentive. There is quite a bit of "too good to be a barista" attitude behind the coffee bar, however.

Despite its cozy looks and fairly pleasant waitstaff, Boston Coffee doesn't cut it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place always has the best coffee and ambiance. I love the frozen chai tea paired with a cream cheese pretzel, oh my! The staff is always friendly and they have great specials. I highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cool place to break the ice on a first date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Love this place and the chicken velvet soup is incredible as is all the food here! The front half of it is a "cheers" style cafe while the back is more intimate. A little costly but not outrageous. Will continue to visit. Free wifi too. A+

Visited June 2013