“Poor staff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
“Poor staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Food was wonderful and so were the margaritas! Our waitress needed some help tho. Our drinks took forever and we kept hearing phrases such as " I'll have to charge you extra for that, or, we don't usually fix it that way. The place was practically empty bit service took awhile anyway.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Deland
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food was excellent, the wide range menu allowed so many amazing choices it was hard to decide on what to get, the atmosphere is quite rustic and, I'm my opinion, cute. My server, Dylan, was great, tending to my every question and need, I strongly recommend this restaurant to all.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We'll Try It Again..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We came back. Like the last time we were well cared for. Greeted promptly, seated at a window seat, and offered beverages. Our server seemed a little distracted. It wasn't to busy so I 'm not sure what kept her attention away from our table. Our orders came out in a reasonable time and the food seemed well displayed. I had the Ribs and Pulled Pork, my wife had a Mahi Sandwich. Fish was not great and the pork was very chewy. Our friends had the special, Prime Rib Sandwich. It was very good.All in all it wasn't to bad. Servers need more training and the BBQ was a bit disappointing. Hope things improve by our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Five Stars Well Deserved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was in town for a business trip and a few of us were in the mood for ribs after our 12 hour long meeting. We heard of BrickHouse and decided to give it a shot. Walking in to a friendly atmosphere automatically set the mood for a great dining experience. The hosts were very welcoming and didn't hesitate to seat us in a comfortable booth, right next to the window, which gave a great view. Our server was very knowledgable about the menu, which was very helpful since we had never been there before. The food was ready in an appropriate time and tasted wonderful! Complements to the chef! Not to mention, the bar tender was very consistent with the delicious cocktails! After having our dinner with not one complaint about the evening, we decided to share a dessert, which was very tasty! We had a wonderful night at the BrickHouse and would recommend it to our closest friends and family! Needless to say, five stars are well deserved.

DeLand, Florida
“Staff kills the experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The food was okay but the immaturity of the staff kills the entire dining experience. There was no indication of a manager onsite who is in charge of the servers, lending leadership and guidance to them. It is something this place would benefit from.

None of the servers appeared to be over 25. There is nothing wrong with youth if they act mature. One server was popping chewing gum. Another had her arms spread out like a bird, acting like she was flying. You'd expect that from a very young child, not a "mature" person working in a restaurant. One server was playing with the waist length hair of another. Many of the servers had very long hair which draped over the tables (and food?) and they worked.

One server, while standing in the dining room, put her long hair up in a knot on the top of her head. She then went back toward the kitchen area which is only partially hidden by the wall behind the salad bar. We could her a guy in the kitchen (cook?) in a very loud raucous voice calling her hair knot a crown and saying "I like crowns!!!". Many of the servers spent most of their time back behind that wall. Even though they were partially hidden, we could still hear them quite distinctly and see some of their behavior.

While witnessing all this, I could help but think about those cable shows with undercover staff in restaurants. I know we witnessed a lot of inappropriate behavior and am not sure I'd want to know just how much more goes on behind the salad bar wall and in the kitchen.

• Visited May 2014