“DE LA Vega Should be ranked #1!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Deltona, Florida, United States
“DE LA Vega Should be ranked #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The ONlY place in Deland my husband will eat! I am a nutritional counselor and a personal trainer and I can always find something wonderful on the menu that is healthy AND delicious. If you haven't visited Manny and Nora, you have truly missed a very special experience for both your palate and pocketbook - their prices and their service are phenomenal!.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Not Tex-Mex, I Call This New-Mex !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Yes, this is not Tex-Mex, not even traditional Mexican. I'd call this creative, upscale, fresh and unique New-Mex! Absolutely different from any other Mexican food I've ever eaten anywhere. And now they have a tapas menu. We ordered 4 tapas (plenty for two.) The mesa patties are not to be missed. We left the protien off, but next time might try adding chicken. There were 6 patties and we couldn't finish them all. We also had the tri something or other chips and dips tapa which was tortilla chips with guacamole, a cheesey dip (not thick and gloppy at all) and some kind of spicy green sauce. All were stellar. Since they brought this first, we finish it all; it was so delcicious. We also had a skewer dish with peppers, chicken, and beef with a sauce on the side. You get 4 skewers and, again, we took 2 home. Finally, we tried a cold cucumber sliced plate with a complex covering of sauce and herbs? The cucumber was not our favorite, but still interesting and good. Margaritas and sangria are 2 for 1 ($5.50, I think.) This food is delightfully different and fresh, fresh, fresh. Service was excellent and we enjoyed eating outside on the main street of downtown Deland. Next time I'm going for the grouper entree with a delicious sounding lime and other stuff sauce. If I'm having a hard time explaining the ingredients in the dishes it's because they're so unusal and I simply either don't recognize or can't remember all the details. Unless you're a finicky eater who doesn't like to try new things, I recommend you give De La Vega a try. I'll betcha you'll start planning your choices for your next visit, too.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Authentic Mexican Even for Vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The best Mexican - not Tex-Mex in the Orlando area. Extensive menu with more than 20 vegetarian items such as cheese empanadas and even vegan dishes not just salads. By the way, the salads are great. I live in Orlando and have made the trip just to eat at his gourmet restaurant. Consider the banderillas with deep fried cheese poblano pepper anchored by a little Brazilian style roll with a fruity sauce. Nora, the chef is a saucier. She handles Mole as well as her own creations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

One of my favorite places and I am a foodie. Very diverse menu, all tasty. Staff is always attentive and Manny and Nora are wonderful!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Love De La Vega!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We found De La Vega last year when visiting Deland. It has become a favorite of ours in the area! Great service....and a wonderful menu selection.....and all served with beautiful presentation! They pride themselves with offering a "Gourmet Modern Mexican Cuisine".
Appetizers.....Entrees......Desserts.......are all wonderful (try the Tres Leches cake).
ONLY complaint.....we were sorry to learn that our favorite server will be graduating from Stetson and moving on to law school :-) Our best wishes to her!
Chef Nora....... can't wait to return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere