“Need an authentic Italian chef!” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 145 Restaurants in DeLand
Central Florida
“Need an authentic Italian chef!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here two times, first because it claims to be an Italian restaurant. The second time was because we thought it MUST be better than what we experienced the first time. The only reason I would go back again would be the yeast rolls. Every "Italian" dish we tried was inauthentic...sauces were undercooked and under spiced, lasagna was a ridiculous parody of a real, baked Italian lasagna, pasta is overcooked and covered with the "raw" marinara. We won't be back.

Has anyone who eats here regularly ever been to a true family run Italian restaurant? If you would like to, try Angelina's -- about a mile south. It's the real thing! Try their lasagna!

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“BEWARE!!! REFILLS ON SODA ARE NOT FREE!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

Bruschetta appetizer was good. My husbands chicken Marsala was tasty. My 10 year old son wanted a child's portion of fettuccine Alfredo, but it isn't available. I had the shrimp fettuccine alfredo and didn't care for it, sauce had a gritty texture to it. There appeared to be only 6 shrimp in it.
My husband had spent the whole day working In the yard and his only requirement for where we chose to eat was that he wanted a lot to drink (soda). I joked that didn't narrow it down- every one has free refills. Well unfortunately La Dolce Vita not only doesn't give free refills, our waitress did not tell us this as she continued to bring us refills!!! I am not a happy guest! Also in no hurry to return!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
DeLand, Florida
“My husband loves their Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband loves La Dolce Vita's Italian food, and I would have to say I agree with him!
I am Italian, and so much enjoy having someone else cook Italian food for me. It's just the two of us now, and I seldom cook an Italian meal at home, because it's so much work for two!
We always enjoy the food at La Dolce Vita, authentic to the core for sure, and the dinner rolls...ummmmmmmmmmmmo!
What else can I say! Delicious!
Treat yourself today, no use in looking for a better Italian Restaurant in the DeLand area...you won't find one!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeLand
“A lot more than pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The pizza is great here but so are the plentiful fish and seafood dishes and the veal and the steak... I could go on having eaten at La Dolce many times over the years. This family owned and operated restaurant has been in DeLand many years and has establishesd itself as one of the areas best rerstaurants. The staff is always polite and friendly. The restaurant is always clean and the atomoshpere is very mediteranian.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DeLand, Florida
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The staff is very friendly and the food is great. I love the alfredo and steak a'padella.

• Visited April 2011