“As usual...fully involved!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 151 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Fast Food, Delicatessen
“As usual...fully involved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Firehouse is a chain sub shop. Their sandwiches are all named for various fire service terms. There's always a lineup of hot sauces bottles to try. Sandwiches can be customized six ways to Sunday. What's not to like?

Visited February 2014

“Average for a Chain Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

While I enjoy Firehouse Subs the DeLand location is about average in performance. That being said the food is good and the service is fine, it just isn't anything more than average. I usually eat there about 3-4 times a year so I like it enough for a quick bite and would recommend it you are downtown and don't feel like trying one of the more interesting non-franchised eateries.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had the pulled pork sandwich on a king's hawaiian bun. Instead of the usual serving of slaw on the side, they put the slaw on the sandwich & topped it off with melted cheese. It was delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great sub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant and let me tell you they make a mean meat ball sub .Also its in a great location its right next to an ice cream shop thats the way you spend your night

Visited July 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First of all, the canned, fake friendly banter was unnerving. I ordered a number 4 on the menu, all of the numbered items have pictures. The cashier asked me a lot of questions but I continued to point at the picture of number 4 and told her I wanted it exactly like that. I paid, gave her my name and she took note. 5 minutes later, my name was called, I raised my hand, and someone brought me my sandwich. As I was almost half finished, a manager came to me with a different sandwich, told me I ordered the one he was holding, and he TOOK THE SANDWICH I WAS EATING AWAY FROM ME, giving me a sandwich with no lettuce, tomato or onion....Sandwich two was NOT MY ORDER! Ask me how I'm doing now, Firehouse. Much better now that I have taken you off my eating list forever.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Firehouse Subs? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Firehouse Subs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.