“Awful.......awful.......awful!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn of DeLand

You added Budget Inn of DeLand to your Saves list
Budget Inn of DeLand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 East New York Ave, I-4 Exit 118, DeLand, FL 32724 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in DeLand
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awful.......awful.......awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

Absolutely deplorable. If this is the only place you can find to stay, please stay at home. There was NO hot water, and no water pressure for what cold water there was. There was no shower head in the shower and the bath tub was so old you would not care to sit in it, even if you had hot water. The smoke alarm was hanging from the ceiling by naked wires and did not work. The hotel staff was pleasant, but did not make up for the shortcomings of the hotel. This place needs to be razzed.....I am surprised Howard Johnson would put their name on this dump!

• Stayed March 2006
hojodaytonabeachdela, Webmaster at Budget Inn of DeLand, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I am pleased that you found the hotel staff to be pleasant. I would have expected exactly that, but it is always nice to hear.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the water in the bathroom of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to fixing the problem. They also were informed of the missing showerhead and instructed to see to its replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the smoke alarm in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation for the courteous manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
miami florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

i usually read reviews on trip advisor b4 checking or booking a room, but allowed a friend to pick hotel. we only needed it for one night so i figured what the heck. arrived around 9:30pm on a friday and the female front desk clerk was in a rush to go home and was a tad put out by are checking in. I advised her that there was one more party arriving behind us and she didn't seem to care about anything but going home. we arrivedin the room and it was not bad since again we were only staying one night. the bathroom was as clean as it could be but hot water???? even at 11pm at night was not to be had ! none! and again in the morning there was no hot water! so if you like hot showers here! in the morning we went to the complimentry breakfast which was ok. we went back to the room to check out and the lock on my door broke. i could not get out of the room. having a fear of closed in spaces and not being able to get out of the space, i had a slight panic attack. i treid to remain calm and called the front desk and no one answered!!! no one!!! the phone rang and rang! i began to bang on the window and a fellow travler went to get someone. I tried opening the window but alone, i could not do it. finally the hosuekeepng staff came and they were able to open the door and i had to crawl through the window with all my bags and my son. ok....the location is off I-4 and probably is a trucker hotel for long haul drivers so its all ok for them, but if you need to stay there for other reasons...dont ever stay here ever

• Stayed February 2006
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland. I am so sorry about the lock on your door breaking, that really must have been a frightening experience. You are to be commended for the way in which you were able to handle the experience.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

I was horrified when I entered the room at this Howard Johnson. Unfortunately all nearby hotels were booked and I had no choice but to stay. The bedspreads were stained. The tub bottom was black. The tops of the drawers, TV, night table, etc. were sticky with grime. The bathroom smelled from urine. There was broken glass in the parking area. It was a terrible experience.

• Stayed January 2006
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Property maintenance received additional training in properly maintaining the outside area. They were informed of your report of broken glass in the parking area and instructed to look into the matter and clean up the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2003

Honeymoon trip.Brochure was much overated. Hotel itself was in promised location. Staff absent. Hotel service was deplorable. They were aware this was a honeymoon trip and did not have a beachfront room readyas had been promised 2 weeks ago.They eventually decided to cook breakfast for us. Eveidently the kitchen help was absent.We did get transportation to the Daytona 500 and ate hot dogs there.After tears from me my poor husband persuaded them to bring a bottle of champagne to our room, Thing is, if their staffing was that sparse they should have notified a honeymoon couple of this situation. Don.t you think????We didn,t have a clue until the day we arrived.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry you did not find it the pleasant experience which you had anticipared.

Congratulations on your marriage, may it be filled and blessed with a life time of happiness.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Budget Inn of DeLand? Share your experiences!