“Awful!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn of DeLand

Save Saved
You added Budget Inn of DeLand to your Saves list
Budget Inn of DeLand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 East New York Ave, I-4 Exit 118, DeLand, FL 32724 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in DeLand
Sebastian, Florida
“Awful!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for bike week 3/14-3/17 with another friend. I paid a good price per night, not great for economy hotel with no fridge or microwave... But not terrible either. When I got there I too found a top-less bar next door, I was surprised for howard johnson, but figured whatever, I have no kids this time and I am by no means, prissy. It takes a real lot to gross me out... This place did it and in more ways than one... As I enter the room i close the curtain I notice some type of bugs embedded into a curtain creases. While Staring at the giant bug in the web (dead thank god) I notice the electric tape holding the smoke detector up on the ceiling. The towels were very old and resemble rags however I am still ok with that. When i went to shower the next morning is when I got really grossed out. There was Hair around the tub and floor and ashes too (i threw a towel on the floor). I went to step in the tub and slid on the soap scum of all others who stepped in there. (which was all over walls too) i also threw a towel down in there to step on. I had to turn the water off to avoid The tub clogging causing a nasty backup in the tub that lines the shower curtain with the hair shavings of all the other prior guests at room 212.
We left for the day and returned to beds made, towels switched but all garbage, like empty beer bottles left on the counter, no more toilet paper was left but they did help themselves to a 50$ bill in my friends jacket. When I called the front desk they said management would call back. ..... Management? Seriously??? Your a small family run business. I called back again and they said management wasn't In... Ya, okay.......
Called them again and said, don't let any maid into my room until I hear from management. They did let the maid in and I heard from no one......

Breakfast was a joke, cereal, 2 lonely bagels, a juice machine that had to have something done under the top cover to make it work.... Did I mention dirty?

To cold for pool so no opinion.......

I was disappointed to see the lack of care and effort given to please customers and make their stay comfortable..... I will never stay there again......

• Stayed March 2013

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Howard Johnson should remove their name. Spider webs, bugs on the floor, previous guests toe nails on the floor, brown water, holes in the sheets, worn out towels, drawers on dresser wouldn't open but three inches, the pool was a pond filked with mosquitos.....DO NOT STAY....when you first arrive you see what appears to be a strip club attach to the front of the hotel. you would be better off staying in your car.I have never written a review of any place but this place was so bad I had to warn other potential guests. And yes I was stupid and didn't read any reviews before I stayed.

• Stayed February 2013
Dade City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Needs updates, paint, deep cleaning and monitoring for unsavory behavior in the back 40, otherwise served my purpose. Office staff did try to help with tv remote issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HERNANDO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is close to the dog show grounds. The room was on the second floor with no elevator. The room was non-smoking but had a distinct odor to it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Budget Inn of DeLand? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Budget Inn of DeLand

Address: 2801 East New York Ave, I-4 Exit 118, DeLand, FL 32724 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland)
Location: United States > Florida > DeLand
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in DeLand
Hotel Class:3 star — Budget Inn of DeLand 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Budget Inn of DeLand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland Hotel Deland
Howard Johnson Deland

If you own or manage Budget Inn of DeLand, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.