“Never got a bad meal at Brians!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Barbecue
Deland
“Never got a bad meal at Brians!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love Brians. I love the John Wayne Burger, myself. My brother and his wife like to order a meal to go and then eat off the salad bar when we go. My husband likes the pitchers of beer. All comes at a super reasonable price.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

JEFFERSON
“Stop here for BBQ in Deland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've driven by Brian's many times while in the Deland area. My husband always comments on how "good that BBQ smells" each time we've passed it. We finally stopped last week and weren't disappointed. We like to support local restaurants rather than chains. We got there around noon and the place was about half occupied. We were seated immediately and beverages came quickly. My husband spotted the special of the day board, located near the host desk. When we ordered, he asked for the sandwich special indicated on the board. The waitress asked "What special?" She had to stop and go look at the board. She returned with the info that "it's right there on the menu!". So, we ordered the pulled pork sandwich and the Texas BBQ sandwich. I had the potato salad and lima beans with my pulled pork sandwich. I was given 3 bottle of sauce to add to the sandwich which was dry. The Carolina BBQ sauce was delicious. My husband had that special sandwich. It came with it's own sauce but he added more. Service was decent although we had to track down our waitress for the bill and no dessert was suggested or to-go beverage was offered. This place is not fancy but it does have plenty of items on the menu. Portions are average. I would return just to try the Carolina BBQ sauce on another menu item.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DeLand, Florida
“Best in DeLand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have been here several times and have never been disappointed. Food is great and so is the service. Salad bar has a very good selection of items.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Average food, sadly the service was a bit slow for as empty as it was. My friend actually went looking for the waitress.

Orlando, Florida
“down home food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

reasonable prices and good service
casual atmosphere--jeans are good
fried fish very good, salad bar is just ok
large servings will satisfy anyone

Visited October 2013