“Nice little Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
DeLand, Florida
“Nice little Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Been there on several different occasions for lunch and dinner with family and friends. Food and Service always Good to very Good. The food is on par with the Greek restaurants in Tarpon Springs, Florida (a Greek fishing town).The atmosphere is lacking. Tables are crowded together and the dinning area has that low budget feel. If you don not mind that you will like is place.

Visited June 2012

DeLand, FL
“I was skeptical at first--but they hooked me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

It's easy to serve gyros--the meat is usually made in a facility up north and shipped around the country. I was skeptical. I like gyros as much as the next guy--maybe more than the next guy--but getting those right isn't rocket science. (The restaurant was always full. Not everybody was having the gyros. I wasn't paying attention.)

One day fresh grilled fish showed up on the menu--one could choose either a branzino or a dorado. I ordered the former, my son ordered the latter. The server brought the fish to the table so we could approve them, and off they went to the kitchen. They came back perfectly cooked and seasoned--this was serious work. This you can't phone in.

I've had the fish practically every time I've visited Santorini since that day. Each time it comes out perfectly prepared. The kitchen has gone to great lengths to accommodate my currently sodium-restricted diet, too--even providing separate unsalted calamari appetizers on my last visit.

Santorini does a fine horta as well--it's not on the web menu, but be sure to give it a try!

The service has always been first-rate.

Asheville, NC
“Excellent Greek dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

It is no wonder that this restaurant is #1 in Deland. It would be #1 in many places!

The food is excellent with generous servings and fair prices. Wife had lamb shank (special of the day). I had the gyro platter (sliced lamb and beef). Both were superb. As an appetizer, we had a generous serving of hummus. Again, excellent.

Service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant is located in the heart of Deland on the main drag within easy walking distance of Stetson University.

The restaurant is small, but we did not feel crowded or rushed.

Long Island City, New York
“amazing food, flavorful, excellent service, great decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Santorini greek cuisine put me and my wife on roller coaster of flavors, first and foremost the dolmades and greek salads were both amazing and probably the best we ever had. The leg of lamb was seasoned and cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this eatery for a date night or even family/friends event.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I had the Chicken Corfu, hubby had the Leg of Lamb, both kids had the Gyro Sandwiches. We also had the hummus appetizer (it was gone quickly!) and enjoyed the complimentary pita bread with dipping sauce. Service was great!