“The Deland Stockyard ROCKS !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 145 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Cape Canaveral, Florida
“The Deland Stockyard ROCKS !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A friend and myself went to the Deland Stockyard and had one of the VERY BEST MEALS EVER!!! Service was second to none!!! Food was even better !!!! This is a little off the beaten path but definitely worth the little inconvenience. Atmosphere is wonderful, charming, inviting, the kind of place to make you feel comfortable and glad to have chosen this restaurant. In the future when near this area I will return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

DeLand, Florida
“Was GREAT When it First Opened”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place was great when it first opened - they had a great happy hour and "Discount Nights" for Ladies - now it's just average and the food is not as good as it used to be. They need to kick it up a notch again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
De Land, Florida, United States
“Love Them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I absolutely love the DeLand Stockyard. My husband and I have been going there since they opened. The steaks are amazing and my husband and I enjoy the Black and Blue Pizza when we are looking for something other than a full meal. Tom in the lounge makes a decadent Chocolate Martini. It's off the beaten path but worth it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Its a steakhouse not a seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just had dinner there last night. Two for dinner with a good bottle of pinot noir only cost 85.00 so this place is priced very reasonable. We also went on the 3.00 off any steak night. My husband had the porterhouse steak it was so good, it was huge and cooked perfect. The mac and cheese was so rich our table of 4 shared a order and we didn't finish it, and it was amazingly good. We also had fried mushrooms and some mild wings all done very well and tasted great. I unfortunately I ordered a stuffed portabella mushroom. Not the best choice on the menu stay away from seafood in this restaurant Steaks are amazing and fresh but seafood not so much
Mushroom was flat and seemed a little old not plump it was kinda slimmy and gross I didnt eat it. The stuffing inside was really fishy
But my husbands steak was so large that I was fine

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DeBary, Florida
“Mixed feelings - great prime rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wife & I went there new yrs eve with a friend. The atmosphere was a little "off"(?).
Didn't feel casual an friendly; maybe because I'd read disparaging reviews. Our waiter was "edgy/ distracted/ brooding". He made enough "small mistakes" in our orders and our service to take away from the dining experience. Side orders wrong, everyone but us got bread basket, etc.
Our food was Delicious, the prime Rib was plentiful, tender and the most flavorful I've had in years. We will go back, I really enjoyed the food.
I have a real hard time with the waiter though; the lone diner at the table beside us commented he didn't recieve the steak he ordered ( New York Strip), he recieved Prime Rib. The waiter immediately became confrontational (aggressive), leaned on the table with both hands, got in the customer's face and barked "you're wrong!, pulled out his order pad waved it in diner's face and said "I've got ot right here!
I HEARD THE DINER ORDER NEW YORK STRIP (in some detail)
That waiter was very,,very intimidating, nearly combatant. I was amazed.
I'll try them again, hopefully it will be more pleasant.

• Visited December 2012