“Love Them” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 144 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
De Land, Florida, United States
“Love Them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I absolutely love the DeLand Stockyard. My husband and I have been going there since they opened. The steaks are amazing and my husband and I enjoy the Black and Blue Pizza when we are looking for something other than a full meal. Tom in the lounge makes a decadent Chocolate Martini. It's off the beaten path but worth it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
florida
“Its a steakhouse not a seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just had dinner there last night. Two for dinner with a good bottle of pinot noir only cost 85.00 so this place is priced very reasonable. We also went on the 3.00 off any steak night. My husband had the porterhouse steak it was so good, it was huge and cooked perfect. The mac and cheese was so rich our table of 4 shared a order and we didn't finish it, and it was amazingly good. We also had fried mushrooms and some mild wings all done very well and tasted great. I unfortunately I ordered a stuffed portabella mushroom. Not the best choice on the menu stay away from seafood in this restaurant Steaks are amazing and fresh but seafood not so much
Mushroom was flat and seemed a little old not plump it was kinda slimmy and gross I didnt eat it. The stuffing inside was really fishy
But my husbands steak was so large that I was fine

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DeBary, Florida
“Mixed feelings - great prime rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wife & I went there new yrs eve with a friend. The atmosphere was a little "off"(?).
Didn't feel casual an friendly; maybe because I'd read disparaging reviews. Our waiter was "edgy/ distracted/ brooding". He made enough "small mistakes" in our orders and our service to take away from the dining experience. Side orders wrong, everyone but us got bread basket, etc.
Our food was Delicious, the prime Rib was plentiful, tender and the most flavorful I've had in years. We will go back, I really enjoyed the food.
I have a real hard time with the waiter though; the lone diner at the table beside us commented he didn't recieve the steak he ordered ( New York Strip), he recieved Prime Rib. The waiter immediately became confrontational (aggressive), leaned on the table with both hands, got in the customer's face and barked "you're wrong!, pulled out his order pad waved it in diner's face and said "I've got ot right here!
I HEARD THE DINER ORDER NEW YORK STRIP (in some detail)
That waiter was very,,very intimidating, nearly combatant. I was amazed.
I'll try them again, hopefully it will be more pleasant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liberty, South Carolina
“Off The Beaten Path”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Three of us ate at The Stockyard and we each had different foods, so that we might taste several things, We were expecting more. The service was slow and the food was simply average. The decor needed an update. From passing by the outside, you expect more. We were seated immediately, but the food was slow to arrive and the waitress had to be asked both times to get refills on drinks. It is not anything to brag about and I would not return

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West De Land, Florida, United States
“TERRIBLE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I didn't even want to give it one star. We live right around the corner. We have now been there 3 times. Service SUCKS!!! the food is so-so. Once we ordered drinks and 20 minutes later we still hadn't gotten them. Wait staff SUCKS!!!! We will not go back. Doesn't matter that it is a mile from our house. I will go somewhere in Daytona first!

• Visited November 2012