“Best ice cream around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
DeLand, Florida
“Best ice cream around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went here looking for Rocky Road, which they hadn't made . HOWEVER, Melissa quickly saw that nothing else would do and made me my own portion. It was great. There is nothing like freshly made ice cream with no preservatives, guar gum or any of that "other stuff". I'm a fan.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

DeLand, Florida
“This is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been to this little ice cream shop best ice-cream on the planet.the atmosphere is awesome its located in down town deland so you get your icecream then you walk around . sweet spot i beleve is a family business .they are so nice also they have new unique flavors of ice cream made from scratch its amazing.ilove this ice-cream shop.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Fabulous Cupcakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Several store owners recommended this shop for the cupcakes ... And they weren't kidding!! They have THE BEST cupcakes!! The icing was perfect consistency... Soft & creamy and not too sugary. Cake was delightful & delicious - a perfect pair! :-). Glad we stopped... But go early for best selection. '-). Tried the Lemon Cheesecake...

• Visited May 2013
Deltona, Florida
“Good Ice cream, Great People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hospitality here was great and the Ice cream was good as well. I would of liked a larger portion for the price, but I understand the Downtown atmosphere costs a little more.
The people were very kind which I will always pay a little more for.

Visited May 2012
jimmy b, Owner at Sweet Spot, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate you greatly! We are so sorry to hear you didn't get enough Ice Cream for your buck. We would love to make it up to you! When you come back and see us mention this review and we will give you a FREE medium with any purchase. We are certain you will be greatly satisfied and our Ice Cream will WOW you. We try our best to give good size portions at a reasonable price and use homemade methods with gourmet ingredients. My favorites at the moment, since we change our AMAZING flavors weekly, is our Butter Pecan & Lemon Blueberry Trifle.Try em and they will knock your socks off! Thanks so much for your business!
West De Land, Florida, United States
“Great Place For Everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am a troop leader for Daisy Girl Scouts. I took my troop on a field trip to the Sweet Spot. Jimmy, the owner let the girls make ice cream with Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies that he bought from our troop. He was very kind, patient, and a great teacher. He not only involved them and let them have hands on experience he taught them fun facts about ice cream. At the end he let them taste the ice cream they made and also gave them and all the moms a cup of ice cream of their choice. This is the freshest and best ice cream I have ever tasted. I recommend this place for anyone old or young with a family or by yourself. Jimmy's wife is very kind as well and let the girl taste her home made whipped cream. I am not sure who had more fun the girls or the moms! Thank you Sweet Spot for a wonderful experience!

• Visited April 2013