“BEST EVER!! A MUST SPOT TO VISIT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in DeLand
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
Palm Harbor, Florida
“BEST EVER!! A MUST SPOT TO VISIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

WOW ... must I say it again ... WOWZA!! Really, the ice cream is off the chain and what's even better is that when they say homemade ... it's homemade in the store and not made in a home somewhere up north packaged, frozen and sent down south!! I love watching them make the ice cream. The owners run the store and serve the ice cream. The service is always with a smile ... if some restaurants in the area caught on to these owners attitudes, DeLand would be the most popular town in the USA.
Okay, so the ice cream is sinfully delightful and delicious!! The fudge is home made and so is the caramel ... and don't get me started on the peanut butter sauce ... enough said ... I'm off to Sweet Spot ... YUMMO!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

DeLand, Florida
“Yum. Yum! YUM!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stumbled in the the Sweet Spot during their opening week in April 2009. And, have been hooked ever since. The owners are warm, friendly people who quickly call their customers by name and remember their dessert preferences. The ice cream is out of this world! The flavor profiles are delicious, and you can taste the fresh ingredients without all the junk that you usually find in ice cream. They make yummy ice cream cakes and pies too. Make sure you don't miss their homemade toppings (hot fudge, caramel, peanut butter and marshmallow)!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ormond Beach
“The best ever ice cream. Creamy, smooth and flavorful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I've had ice cream in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Florence and I never thought I would find ice cream this good and flavorful in Deland, Florida. The ice cream is made from scratch including the base according to the owner. I had a split scoop of butter pecan which tasted like a home made pecan pie and for the other half I had dark chocolate which was smooth and intense in it's flavor. All the ice cream I tasted was incredibly creamy and flavorful. My wife had the key lime pie ice cream which was creamy and amazing in it's combination of both sweet and tart. Everyday they make different flavors. I live in Daytona area and would make a special trip just for this ice cream. They also have fresh ground coffee available. I don't drink coffee so I can't tell you about it. I did talk to the owner who's uncle owns the Italian deli/pizzaria next door so I would guess it serves good quality coffee as well. The atmosphere is casual with small tables to sit at.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere