“Get a Great Meal at This Lovely Dining Establishment” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 140 restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic, International, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: ZAGAT Guide:TOP Orlando Restaurant & America's Top Restaurants. Cress is a critically acclaimed restaurant located in Historic Downtown DeLand, Florida. Cress has always been dedicated to sourcing local produce that is inspired by the subtle changes in the Florida seasons. The cornerstone of the restaurant blends fresh market ingredients, exotic flavors, and refined presentation. Our serving staff hosts a graceful elegance during each dining experience. The goal is to provide a level of service that complements the complexity of the food the Cress kitchen creates.
Orlando, Florida
“Get a Great Meal at This Lovely Dining Establishment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have dined here 3 times and each time the food is great and the service top notch. I recommend reservations for the weekend, but we have walked in during the week, and have been seated right away.

Lovely wine selection to go with the delicious and well presented dishes. It's not a secret anymore, so plan ahead if you have a special occasion to celebrate, and want a specific table, or have a large dining party.

• Visited November 2013

82% Recommend
Sioux City, Iowa
“Amazing restaurant in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

When visiting my son at Stetson University, we just had to eat at the restaurant owned and run by a Stetson professor and his wife. We didn't know what to expect - we went for that reason only. What we found was a true delight! We knew we must be in for a treat when the amuse-bouche brought to the table was packed with many delicious flavors. My son's dish of mahi mahi, crab and polenta was mild and very much to his liking. My dish of shrimp, grits and sausage was bold and, happy to say, much to my liking! Just like the amuse-bouche, I kept tasting different flavors at different times and had fun trying to identify them. I travel from afar to visit my son, and now every time I do, we'll have a special night at Cress Restaurant. I won't miss the opportunity to go back there again!

• Visited October 2013
Frederiksted, St. Croix
“Splendid dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything gourmet and delicious blend of flavors and culinary talent. Delightful to eat at in quaint downtown DeLand. Only thing was that if you didn't drink wine or alcohol we were not offered anything else to drink! They whisked the wine glasses off the table and disappeared fast! We had to track down the waiter to order tea and it was weak. But really great delicious food nonethe less. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Palm Coast, Florida
“Who would expect a great meal like this tucked away in Deland?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate dinner here after seeing Cress Highly rated by Zagat. My wife and I both opted for the seafood trio-- Crab Cake, Grouper and Shrimp and Grits. Having lived in Maryland we are very skeptical about ordering crab cakes elsewhere. There is nothing like Maryland Crab Cakes. This crab cake was loaded with lump crab meat and very tasty. The grouper was cooked to perfection and the sauce was very good. The shrimp and grits were as good as I have had in Charleston, SC. The menu here is small, but the food was great. Definitely will be back! Both the Chef and his wife visited our table after the meal!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From appetizers, entrees, wine and dessert the flavors were amazing! This was my second enjoyable meal at Cress and I plan on returning in the not too distant future.

• Visited July 2013