“Disappointing compared to other Best Westerns” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2343 Freeport Road, I-10 and U.S. 331, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Houston
“Disappointing compared to other Best Westerns”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the 3rd BW we stayed at on a trip from TX to FL and back. This property was not as nice as the two others, had an inferior breakfast and dirty carpets, yet was priced significantly higher than the one near New Orleans and the one in Tallahassee that was down the street from the Capitol and next to a mall and a Target. The room was obviously not refurbished, even though the front desk said all rooms had been. I could not get the stopper to work in the bathtub - why do hotels have to make this hard? When I stepped into the tub to take a shower, my feet left dirty puddles from walking on the carpet.

I was very disappointed at the breakfast after other two BWs. The other 2 hotels were self-service and had more options, such as waffles. There was an extra charge for waffles at this location, and you couldn't get coffee or juice except through the waitress. I could have walked 10 steps to get the juice, but there was a sign on the machine telling you that only the waitress could use it. And they had a sign outside the room telling you to "remember to tip your waitress". Very disappointing after staying at better Best Westerns and seeing the positive reviews others have left about this BW. This is an average motel property and not worth the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor opened into an interior hall and had a door to the outside parking lot. Ve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
voncile c, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am very sorry you wasn't happy with you stay with us. The staff at Crossroads Inn try to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. We have our carpets cleaned once a month and more often if we are very full. Our breakfast is a buffet style with eggs, grits, bacon, biscuit and gravy.
Also comes with fruit or pastries.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Manager/owner would not credit our room after our moving van broke down and we could not make it to the hotel that night. We had stayed here several times and as "ok", but was convenient traveling back and forth from LA and FL and allowed pets. He chose to loose years of our business over one night's stay. Poor customer service and bad business sense!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you are upset about our charging you a no show, however as I told you when we spoke over the phone when a guest makes a reservation we hold the room for them unless they call to cancel. On the night in question we were full and could have sold your room several time over Therefore we charged you a no show.
Semmes, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought this was going to be the worst hotel experience when we arrrived. This hotel is old! However, it is super clean! The service was great and the breakfast had everything you could imagine for the price!

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

First off, the staff was phenomenal. Especially the evening waitress. Remembered my drink order after only one meal. The hotel is adequate. AC works well, room was clean, internet worked well, and everything functioned. I had no complaints, but for a better rating, the hotel needs to upgrade and renovate. I agree that there seemed to be a smoke flavor to the air throughout the hotel. I found it a little odd in a rural Florida town that the lobby goes to WWIII lockdown after sunset, but maybe Defuniak is more dangerous than it seems. Overall, it works for the price and the staff is awesome.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Voncile C, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you , we do have a great staff here.
And we are planning on improving the hotel in the fall.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Enjoy a great few days at the Best Western-Oceanfront with my son and daughter. The staff was great, hotel was beautiful recently remodeled. I will go back again. Being directly on the beach with a beautiful view.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Family member in the hospital there in DeFuniak Springs. We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, one of the cleanest rooms, I have seen at a hotel. Free breakfast buffet was included in the price, very good! All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lake City, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Overall my stay was ok. I remember the rooms being nicer. I needed to run the heater in my room and it smelled terrible. I didnt tell the staff about it but I'm sure they would have found me a different room. Breakfast was good, but the staff could be happier. Stayed elswere the 3rd night because having an out of date restaurant didn't justify the added expense.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!