“Don't bother” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank and Dino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 184 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillsboro and SW 10 street
Boca Raton, Florida
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was the biggest disappointment I've had in a long time. We called the restaurant and made a reservation for four people. We were told we would be seated near the entertainment. When we got there, we were told that there was a private party in that area and that we had to sit in the main part but would be able to hear the music. Wrong! We heard noise in the distant, but could not make out the lyrics.

I ordered a Frank and Dino salad, which is the same as a Caprese salad. There was one slice of tomato and one slice of cheese with lots of lettuce. They charged $12 for that.

The food was just OK. And very pricey. Tables were close together, so people often bumped into our chairs. I will never go back there and hope others do the same.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The decor and atmosphere of the dining room is excellent. The crowd is well dressed and our server was excellent. The food is just so so. I had a Gorgonzola salad that you would need a magnifying glass to find the cheese. I ordered a shrimp and crab dish that had no crab at all. The garlic toast is just average that you would find in a diner. Most places of this calibre would have a excellent bread not garlic toast. I hope they can fix the kitchen because I love the room, music, etc. restaurant 101 you need food quality to match the room. They need some menu tastings as I know the other operations they run are excellent, no excuse for this one.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm not one to write a bad review about a restaurant, I would normally just never go back. But it was the worst dinner I have ever had. The cheapest entree is $22. The staff cheated you, we ordered three appetizers, they brought out 5. We ordered one bottle of wine, and they kept opening more and giving us more. We preordered a cake with writing, and they didn't make one. So one of the workers ran out and bought an 8" round cake, charged us $100 for a cake I could have bought at publix for $16. Food was average, nothing special. Chicken sandwich was $22. Just ridiculous. Told us there was ample dancing space, about a 5 sq ft area. They brought out pasta for everyone, we assumed it was included, charged us for it, we never ordered it. Portions were tiny. Total bill for 12 people: $1200.00
Never coming back, and I recommend you wouldn't either.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Make sure you know the prices 1st”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is nothing special as far as italian places go. The main problem is the upper management. All the staff hate them, the waiters fear the floor mgr like Hitler, he hires ding-dong pretty girls to work up front and manage to screw up everything they do. The tables are Waaay to close together and if you spend more than 4 mins in the restroom they packed my food and cleared my table for the next patron can you believe that!!! How stupid can you be?
Charged $35.00 for 2 coffee drinks, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
Bottom line is the 2 guys that run this place are the WORST Ive come across in a very long time. We have been living and dining in this area for 25yrs,
You want good Italian without being ripped off go down the street to LaVeranda instead, don't waste your hard earned $$$ here!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“*great atmosphere food is average*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

this place has a great atmosphere but i thought the food was about average, the service was good our waiter gave us some good suggestions , this place does get crowded on the weekends but it is located in a small strip mall area so there is ample parking, we came here to complete our rat pack night after seeing a show on the west coast, i do believe that if frank and dean were still around they would be a bit disappointed in this place were the food does not match the theme and atmosphere of this place!

• Visited October 2012