We selected the Embassy Suites located in Deerfield Beach on the recommendation of friends. We were looking for a place to crash and recover from a week in Disney. We were disappointed in the hotel... not the location. This place is directly across a small quiet street from the beach. The location is perfect. Go through a gate at the pool and it's only 20 paces to the Atlantic. The sun rises right in front of the hotel and it is beautiful. But that is available to anyone. It's a public beach. It's the hotel we were disappointed with. The bar and dining area have very minimal ambiance. The free breakfast is ok. Omlett station, hot and cold cereal, fruit, bagels, pancakes, etc. Typical noisy, all self served cafeteria environment .
Internet in your room cost $10 a night or you can use their business center which is a sad affair. Four slow PC's (one didn't work during the two days we were there) and printers that were hit and miss. This hotel cost a minimum of $335 for two nights. I don't think free internet in the rooms is asking too much. $10 a day to park wether you park the car or they do (the valets were the most helpful employees I encountered).
The rooms is a suite with two bathrooms and two 40" flatscreen TV's. The suite isn't much bigger than any other large hotel room except they divide it into two rooms with a wall. The two bathrooms are a nice feature except the first night we were there the toilet in the master bath stopped working. I reported it in the morning but it still wasn't fixed when we got back to the room that evening. I complained again and the clerk offered to send someone right up... at 10:30 PM. I declined the offer due to the late hour and no one came the next day either. At the same time the toilet stopped working, the TV in the "living room" stopped working. Same deal... reported it and 12 hours later no one had come to fix it. $335 for two nights? No mini-bar? Yes, the pool is nice and the hotel is clean but I was not happy with the service or the attentiveness of the management. They didn't understand the meaning of customer service. When we checked out the desk clerk asked how we liked our stay. I said "disappointing". The reponse was how sorry they were to hear about our disappointment. Never asked what the problem was, who I spoke to about it, when I had reported it... nothing.
If I had to describe this hotel I would say it's a $65 per night hotel in a real nice location. I'm not being mean, that's the way I see it. Oh, and they have wedding receptions there... right off the lobby. I came to get away from the crowds. I'll look elsewhere next time.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Hotel
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only oceanfront Embassy Suites in Florida, featuring a tranquil two-mile long beach, 244 completely renovated suites, over-sized pool with Jacuzzi tub and fitness center. BT's Oceanfront, a new fine dining restaurant, and Spa950, full service-health and fitness spa, complement the tropical destination. Comfortable two-room suites have plenty of room for working or relaxing, plus wireless internet access, complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast and two-hour Manager's Reception each evening with your choice of beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.