“Thanks for a great week with our family!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct from $149!
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Richmond, VA
“Thanks for a great week with our family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made a last minute booking for a spring break trip with 3 of our daughters and I booked a second room for my parents to come down and join us for a few days. We had never been to Deerfield Beach before but was looking for a suite hotel on the beach somewhere warm. This definitely fit the bill!

Check In:
I am a diamond HH member and used points for the bookings. I didnt realize that the standard suites were not ocean view or front and when checking in and found out that they didnt have an upgrade available I was a little disappointed. The front desk staff said they would see what they could do and let me know that they would keep an eye out for an ocean front room during my stay and if one became available that they would move us. (I didnt expect it to happen but got a call the next day saying they had a suite right across the hall from ours). They have a 4:00pm checkin and on busy days seem to struggle a bit to get rooms turned over for new guests to check in. We arrived at about 3:30 and were told that we would have to wait until 4:00, which we were fine with. At 4:00 PM our room still wasnt ready but the FD manager Amy came over and apologized and told me that she was going to comp our parking for the week for the inconvenience. We were able to check in at 4:30.

Suites
The suites are beautiful. Probably the nicest of any Embassy Suites that I have seen. I would put them more on par with nice Hilton property. The two bathrooms in every suite is a huge plus especially when traveling with teen aged girls!

Pool / Beach
The pool was decent sized but
unfortunately there were not nearly enough lounge chairs for the size of the hotel on a busy week. While they do have signs posted that reserving chairs and leaving them unattended for more then 20 mins was forbidden, that practice was rampant and about 50% of the chairs were unoccupied except for the towels and other items that people were using to save them. I dont know how a hotel (or cruise ship) can manage the fact that most people are inconsiderate of others. We went to the beach which is across a small street and rented chairs and an umbrella. The pool does provide towels for the beach as well which is a nice touch! At first glance the beach is small. Much smaller then we had expected. But once you are there and on a chair it is really nice! There are multiple rock jetties that they have put in to prevent erosion I am guessing and it creates these nice little coves to swim and wade. While there isnt a lot of sand for beach sports, it is a great beach for small children and relaxing in a chair. The attendant at the beach was fantastic and very helpful.

Fitness Center / Spa:
The fitness center was a little small for a hotel of this size but overall the equipment was in good shape and they had a small assortment of cardio machines and dumbbells as well as a cable machine. Did not utilize the spa so cannot review.

Breakfast / Managers Reception:
Embassy Suites is known for the full breakfast buffet and nightly managers reception. The breakfast buffet was standard for Embassy suites with a very good omelet chef that was able to take 6 orders at time! They had signs warning when to avoid the crowds (9-10am) and the only thing that I wish was that being that it is a vacation resort was that they extended the breakfast to 11am. I think it would let people sleep in a little later and would ease some of the congestion. I never went to the managers reception but my kids did and said it was nice.

Restaurant
The restaurant is located poolside with a bar. We ate lunch 2x on the patio and had drinks a couple of nights. The food was good and other then the prices being typically resort high cannot complain at all. The seared sesame tuna salad is very good!

Valet Parking
The hotel offers Valet or Self Park for $22 or $18 per night. It is a little pricey but again it is a resort area. The valet attendants were FANTASTIC! Very nice, friendly and attentive. Donald was especially welcoming and we looked forward to talking to him every day. You could call ahead or just walk up to get your car. Never had to wait more then 5 minutes.

Overall:
The entire staff seemed to be well trained in guest service. They were welcoming and friendly. The hotel is kept very clean and well maintained. The location is great for a quieter beach trip then your typical Daytona or Ft Lauderdale craziness. We loved it and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Standard suites are not ocean front or view. All suites have two...

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff, service, rooms, location, food, drink - this place has it all. We went for Spring Break with the family (2 children and 2 adults). The suites are big enough to give everyone some breathing space, the pool was delightful and the beach (about 20 yards away) was great. One thought - include the chair and umbrella beach rental with the cost of the room. Don't nickle and dime your faithful customers. Also, our first room was a bit lacking and we were moved (after one night) to an Ocean view better laid out suite. OK - One more thing - they should do some easy activities for the kids (poolside movies at night?)

Room Tip: Ocean View! Keps you away from the street (A1A) and keeps the room quiet.
Kansas City Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our initial booking ended up for a smoking King suite on the 2nd floor with an "ocean" view9through the palm trees. After our first night we approached the manager with a move request to non-smoking and were rewarded with a 7th floor King suite with a true "Ocean" view. We were quite happy with the change and enjoyed our stay greatly. A drawback is that the pic on their website of the Hotel from the ocean is not accurate. There is no white sandy beach, it's more a series of rock piles with beach in between. I assume that Sandy eroded their beachfront. Otherwise the location is excellent. It's close to a causeway, eats, and some shopping. I'd recommend travelling up A1A rather than US 1, simply because there are less traffic lights, and alot less traffic. Not to mention that the views are far superior. This hotel caters to families, and with good reason. You can sleep up to 6 or 7 in each suite, and breakfast is included for everyone. They have a large pool for kids to enjoy, and there is a happy hour where adults and kids can have the beverages of their choice included in the price of the room. I don't know that we'll revisit this particular location, but I will look more closely at Embassy in the future for family outings.

Room Tip: The higher the better. There are corner suites with wider wraparound balconies, I believe they call...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I will NEVER stay here again. I have never witnessed uncleanliness like this while on vacation. We arrived early to the embassy and the room was not available yet which is to be expected. We went to lunch and drove around within the surrounding area. We arrived back and said our room was ready HOWEVER was not the room that we paid EXTRA FOR AND/OR BOOKED. Luis the valet manager who is great took us to our room and there was a dirty q-tip on the carpet that has not been vacuumed in god knows how long. Palm from Palm Sunday that was over two weeks ago on the floor. The first bathroom toilet had dried fecies plastered in the toilet. As well as the shower door had soap or something all on the front of the door. The second bathroom had shaved hair still all around the tub. Day 2 we had to keep everything packed do to them moving our room to the ocean view that we wanted. Soap scum all over the shower walls mold in the first shower ceiling and walls as well as on the second bathroom walls. Stains all over the furniture no different than the other room. For what was paid for this room for our entire stay here is completely overpriced. Paying to park, having to pay for wi fi, and spending 300 a night for a room. Completely over priced. This place is a DIVE. Thinking about leaving today and looking for another hotel. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
tomhaynes, Manager at Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We apologize for the issues you experienced in your room and bathroom and will ensure that these areas are addressed immediately. Your feedback regarding our amenity costs will be taken into consideration as we are constantly updating our offerings to provide the best options for our guests. Thank you again for your review - we hope you will consider staying with us again.

King regards,
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were here for four nights. The location worked great for us. Made a day trip to Miami. The hotel is massive. Public spaces nice. Breakfast buffet crowded but good. Pool is nice. Beach is quaint. We enjoyed nearby charm city burgers. Also we drove up the A1 to palm beach that was fun too. Love having two rooms with kids. We used hilton gold points. Got an oceanfront room w two bathrooms.

Room Tip: Corners are best
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 3/23/2013-3/30/2013 and were very disappointed. We were looking for a hotel with a resort feel for our family of 5. While the hotel offers suites for a good price, it really is to good to be true. Staying at this hotel feels more like staying in a bad all inclusive nightmare. The breakfast, which is included in the rate, is dirty, poorly stalked, with long lines and grumpy guests and employees. If you are the type of family that likes to have breakfast at 8 am then I would recommend this place for you as you are the only type of guest that could possibly enjoy the perks of this hotel. Breakfast would be satisfactory and you may have a chance at getting a seat by the pool. We were there for 7 days and never once saw an empty chair during the day. The pool was so crowded we ended up leaving the hotel and going to my mothers pool in her retirement community. The days that we did stay at the hotel pool, the only place to sit was the wall around the hot tub which was littered with empty drink cups and discarded food that for some reason was only picked up when the lady handing out towels was finished with her shift around 5 or 6:00. I tried to clean up some of the trash around me but both garbage cans were over flowing. At least the birds around us were able to sneak a left over french fry. Service at the bar was awful, the employees were miserable, looked exhausted and seemed overworked. The beach is nothing like the pictures shown on the internet. All along the front of this hotel on the beach are huge piles of enormous rocks. The only positive thing about this is it creates shallow areas for little ones to play in. However it makes the beach very small and rather dangerous considering if your child was knocked down by a wave you could hurt yourself on the rocks. This is the only place on the whole strip of Deerfield beach where these rocks are. If I were expecting the rocks to be there maybe it would not have been such a shock. The room wasn't the greatest, could use some updating. I think it would definitely be worth paying up for the Wyndham. Its right next to the pier and the beach in front of it is huge and beautiful. I realize this was probably one of the busiest weeks for this hotel but with a proper staff, good customer service and a well run restaurant, this would have been a positive experience and I would have overlooked the negatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony with a view that you can fit a chair on.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tomhaynes, Manager at Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I truly apologize that you had to wait a long time during breakfast and that our offerings didn't really appeal to you. I'm also sorry to hear that our staff didn't seem that friendly. I can assure you that it is very rare for us to have such atmospheres, however; I can very much empathize with your frustration and disappointment. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be shared and addressed.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Checked in this evening to find that we were told the hotel was sold out. To find later that it wasn't!! Disappointed, I did book with points and had requested an upgrade weeks ago, no upgrade and not overly friendly upon checking in at 940pm.

A bit disappointed... I did indicated that I would pay for the offered upgrade... Just not sure why he would indicate the hotel was full when speaking to others that worked at the hotel that this wasn't true. We were really looking forward to the ocean view / larger suite.

Requested a blanket at 1108pm, hmmmm 1149 no blanket for my daughter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us and the TripAdvisor community. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodated your requested room upgrade as our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room they desire, however at times we do not have this availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again

Melissa Lane

Been to Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort? Share your experiences!