“Close to 95, clean and comfortable beds but service is questionable.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   351 West Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-1801   |
Ranked #20 of 21 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Eustis
“Close to 95, clean and comfortable beds but service is questionable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend to attend a college open house. We spent little time at the hotel. This location houses a number of units which must be used for long term residents. If my husband was not here, I would have checked out. I am not sure it was safe. a lot if activity in the parking lot late at night. We were given one towel In our room and had to ask for towels each day. Nothing was replaced when the room was cleaned. Appeared beds were only made. One trip to the front desk asking for towels brought me to an argument the front desk employee was having with a family member. I was not acknowledged until the argument ended. The breakfast in the morning is very minimal. Bagles in a sleeve of plastic, frozen waffles, toast, apples, two types of cereal, and hard boiled eggs. The breakfast serving area floors were very dirty. This location is not your typical La Quinta Suite. Overall I would give this place a 2 1/2. I would not recommend it for a single woman.

• Stayed October 2012

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First, let me start by saying I'm not a high maintenance traveler. I don't care about amenities or location to the vending machines. However, with that noted, this hotel though had some major misses. So, I feel like I have to be honest with my review of this hotel by including a few complaints.

On a positive note the staff at the hotel is fantastic. Friendly and service focused. Anytime I needed anything or asked a question, they were always super helpful.

Our room was pretty gross. I didn't put anything in the drawers because they smelled so bad (musty) and nothing in the closet (musty). I think they are dealing with some pretty big mold issues - at least in our room. The more time I spend in the room, the more I notice how much mildew is in the room and bathroom. On a minor note, the wallpaper is coming off the wall. Not a big deal but doesn't "show" very well. Again, probably a moisture issue causing it.

I read some other reviews that said they felt unsafe at the hotel. I can see why people would say that as there are some pretty sketchy characters who stay at this hotel. The only reason I felt a tad unsafe - or should I say more aware of my surroundings than normal - was that my husband was approached by 2 separate people trying to sell him drugs. One time in the parking lot and another time when he was outside on the balcony having a cigarette (there was a guy standing downstairs and when he saw my husband, he asked if he wanted to buy anything). He didn't know if he was a guest at the hotel or not. The guys in the parking lot were definitely not guests. They left him alone after he said no but still, not exactly a good advertisement for La Quinta!

We booked this hotel because it was convenient to where we needed to be, accepted dogs (we're traveling with 2), and it was cheap. I would never, ever recommend this hotel to any friends, family, or perfect strangers. Look elsewhere if you're staying in Deerfield Beach. I wish I could be more positive because like I said, the staff was very, very nice but not worth the gross hotel room and the drug deals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Park, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at many LQ's over the past few years, hence my ELITE status. I must say that I was not very happy with this hotel for several reasons. This was the worst of dozens of LQ stays.

1. Did not appreciate the long distance to the one ice machine, upstairs and the very farthest possible from my room at the opposite end of the building.

2. Inexplicably BOTH our key cards were inactive when returning home late one evening. Your staff offered no explanation or apology.

3. The WIFI was useless... we were there for 3 days and my wife was required by her company to be on line for many hours for a variety of reasons. Although it was barely useable on the first morning in the lobby (requiring many tries and dropped continuously, and OK for a brief time in the room the first day), it was impossible to connect the 2nd and 3rd day in the room even though the signal showed GOOD. We tried many times of day including 1-3 am mornings. In the lobby 2 connections were visible, in the room only one. We had to give up trying. Again no help or apology from the staff.

Although I have MANY OCCASIONS to need a hotel in the Deerfield area since I have both business and family there, I would NOT stay here again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

After making a reservation on line, at 9:00 PM I was given the key to my room and directed to a building at the rear. In the dark there was no way to see any room numbers without shining your car's headlights at the building. Exhausted, with bags in hand, I gratefully opened the hotel room door to find no furniture in the room except two headboards glued to the wall.I have always had good experiences with LaQuinta but I am so dissappointed I am glad this happened, because if I had stayed that night, I would have been concerned over items left in the bed of my truck, being stolen in this poorly lit environment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My Wife & I were looking for somewhere close to Deerfield Beach to stay for a few nights and with the generally good value & reputation of La Quinta Inns this one looked ideal… We didn’t realise what a potentially dangerous and expensive mistake we were making.!
The rooms appeared clean, well appointed and good value for money so we settled in for 5 nights. All seemed fine until the day before we checked out; I had split up our holiday cash and hidden some of it in a pocket inside my toilet bag. I nearly passed out when I looked inside to find it gone… $680 cash had vanished. I immediately went to reception and reported, they called the police who arrived pretty quickly. The Officers interviewed us and took a statement then their response was… ‘Why ever did you choose to stay here.? This La Quinta is in a known undesirable area, the Police are frequently here responding to criminal actions.!”
Bit late now, the damage was done; I would never see my cash again. Even worse the thought that someone had been in our room (if it was not the maid) and rifled through all our belongings to find the cash…. Yuk, Revolting.!
The hotel manager was very helpful at the time and said she would put the details through to Head Office to seek some compensation. Even with the police report I could not claim on my Travel Insurance because the cash was not in a locked safe.!
After we returned to the UK I received an email from La Quinta, like this…
To date our investigation has not revealed any evidence that suggests LQ Management LLC, or its employees were responsible for your unfortunate loss. We would also like to remind you of La Quinta’s disclaimers posted in the rooms and in parking areas notifying guest of maintaining their personal items and La Quinta’s position regarding liability.
Basically it fully reads, they know about the problem but they do not want any responsibility for the theft on their premises… It’s your own fault for staying there.!
Like me you should consider this before taking any personal belongings into ANY La Quinta Hotel.

We have been taking an annual holiday touring Florida virtually every year for the last 20 years, never have we previously had any criminal predicament.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E? Share your experiences!