“best hotel for the price in all of Broward” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
North Carolina
“best hotel for the price in all of Broward”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

You know the most important thing about a hotel is? Simply the way it is managed and how the guests are treated by the staff. This hotel is hands down one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in because the personnel at every level appear to like what they are doing. This is rare. As a former auditor, I traveled 5 days a week all over the country and stayed at the best hotels- Four Seasons, The Ritz Carlton, the Renaissance, the Fountain Bleu, you name it. At most, you learn not to pick up the phone because you are made to instantly feel like a nuisance. You can't get a simple thing like an extra pillow or a blanket- it's like none of the staff talk to each other. I waited all day for an additional pillow to prop my handicapped foot on and never got one in severan hotels- we went out and bought one and then the maids took it even though I emphasized it was my pillow- I had to put it in the car or a drawer every day when they cleaned. We are relocating from the West to the East coast and have been staying at several hotel suites but eventually started looking for the best possible deal for the money. We tried a couple of extended stay hotels and it was a nightmare- smelly, dirty, rooms- and if you complained, it fell on deaf ears. We stayed at some of the suite hotels- same thing- and the staff seemed like they hated their jobs. I asked if there was a ice machine on every floor and was told NO! and the young lady sautered off and didn't tell me where the machines were- I called the desk, nobody answered, I went downstairs, nobody was at the desk. I stood there for awhile, finally a woman peeked her head around the corner- and said in a loud voice "Looking for something?". (this is one example of many- when people are rude, I tend to just back off and retreat- I hate confrontation!

This hotel, the Deerfield Beach Inn and Suites is in a nice area near the beach-it''s very safe area- even in some of the higher end hotels had safety issues, the doors into the stairwell from outside did not lock, your car was not safe- the area of the hotel is extremely important- this one is behind a Walgreens, somewhat secluded from the road and it's on a small side street off the main road. Another issue has been great here- I have difficulty being on my feet and at all the other hotels, just about every day if I left the room for anything I'd get locked out. This must be some sort of a phenom- it happens everywhere! Upon arrival at various hotels, I would emphasize to please not key the card for one day- we had paid for a week for example, but every day I'd get locked out- I ended up testing my card every day and it wouldn't work. I'd end up just not leaving the room (my husband would be at work) I'd feel so frustrated.
This hotel has treated us like they care about us- the room is sparkling clean- if you call for anything like a towel or pillow or a TV channel needs resetting, they apologize, and do it immediately -they even called me back to ask me if the channel as back on and if I needed something else.
Simply put, it feels like a home staying at this hotel. We are treated like family, really, We decided to stay much longer than rush into the first rental home we could find. The manager David- should be an example for all hotel managers- he sure is in the job because he loves what he does. Really, you see him outside workin on everything from the fountain to the flower beds to painting something that needs a touch up. He always calls your name and asks how you are doing, if you need anything. I have told everyone I know that if they come to Florida on vacation, to stay here- it's the first place after probably nea 75 differenent hotels that I have stayed at in the last 5 years that I loved. It has reduced so much stress for my husband and me, you can't imagine!! I will put LaQuinta Inns and Suites and the top of my list from now on. Oh! Even the lady that works at the breakfast bar asked us if there was anything else we would like to see- my husband mentioned bananas, real ripe ones. The next day, she handed him 3 bananas! She might have gotten them herself but you see what I mean- this place cares about you! Someone is doing a great job training and mentoring their staff! I salute David and the entire LaQuinta organization. Sorry this was so word- I could write 10 more pages of accollades!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Scott, Kansas USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

We stayed for one night after a week-long cruise. Originally we booked a pre- and post-cruise stay at a Fort Lauderdale "Cruise Port" motel since they offered to provide transportation to or from the Port of Miami, but after our first stay we changed our minds about the after cruise reservation. This motel and a one-day car rental were considerably less expensive.

Except for the breakfast, we found LaQuinta to be much better, more comfortable and convenient than our original booked location. Continental breakfast was boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, bread & bagles, coffee, juice and cereal. Walgreens, Dennys, Ruby Tuesdays, shopping areas, flea market were all close, some maybe too far if you don't like to walk, but easy with a vehicle, as was I-95 and the beach. In all, this was probably the best value in a motel which we found for the Miami-Fort Lauderdale general area and will certainly consider staying again.

• Liked — Great price, convenient location, all facilities that we like were available
  • Disliked — No problems whatsoever!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I have never written to Trip Advisor before but my experience at this hotel warrants my time to write this review. To begin with when my husband and myself checked in they could not find our confirmed reservation and told us that the only rooms available would cost much more than our existing reservation. After we spent the night in the room my body was covered with itchy red bumps (suspected bed bug bites) and as we headed out the hallway to checkout I saw many mattress pads out in the hallway (wondering if they were to be replaced reinforcing my bed bug experience.) When we arrived at the checkout desk they told us our rate changed again since we checked in earlier and that it would cost us even more than we had agreed upon. What can I say? I'm a world traveler and never had such a bad experience. Beware !

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Bed bugs and they changed the daily rate on you after you check in !
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

this is an older property that obviously La Quinta bought from some other chain. The room overall was nice though, retro-modern style. The bed was comfy and bedding was better than the usual cardboard formed bed spreads they normally use. Breakfast was average for La Quinta properties.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2006

What a dump! I was unfortunate enough to spend 5 nights in this place. It seemed like a month. The room was filthy, bedding worn and torn. Towels had holes in them. Carpet had been removed and replaced with tile which left a one inch gap at the bottom of the room's door which allowed all the noise from the hallway in. The key to the room was deactivated everyday which forced a daily trip to the front desk. On the first three days when I went to the desk and gave them my key I was only asked for my room number, no name no ID. I could have got a key for any room in the hotel!!! Not very comforting. The lights in the parking lot were not working and litter was everywhere. Unsavory types hanging out in lobby. I wouldn't eat any thing at the disgusting continental breakfast. I complained to La Quinta and was called by the manager who promised a partial refund. Never got it. I will never stay in another La Quinta again. I travel all the time for business and have never stayed in a worse place. Avoid this place like the plague.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid this place
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

Stayed at Wellesley Inn in Deerfield based on some of the positive reviews on this site. I would not recommend this establishment based on our experience.

Housekeeping service was woefully lacking- housekeeping did not clean our room, just dropped off fresh towels but left the garbage in the room. Even worse was management's reaction when told about problems- they asked to haul to the trash bin at the rear of the hotel in the night and they could not find us a clean room for the night. When we complained to the day-manager we were told that the outrageous daily rate ( $100+) did not include "full service".

The microwave in the room did not work for half our stay. Finally, the management swapped it after our repeated complaints. On check-out we were charged the full rate inspite of our protestations.

The facility is next to the train station so every hour we were subjected to sounds of trains passing through.

Avoid the place if you can.

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

Where should I start about this absolutely dreadful experience?! My partner and I were visiting during the July 4th holiday. As soon as we got to the hotel and saw our filthy room, we contemplated leaving. In the long run, we decided to stick it out since we had already paid for it via Hotwire. I thought we could still have a wonderful weekend despite the room. About the room... it was dirty!! There was a half-eaten lollipop on the bottom of the floor lamp, cigarette burns in the comforter, moldy ceilings and a moldy, musty smell throughout the room. On our second day there, we received a notice that hotel services would be at a minimum for Monday, July 4. I have never in my life heard of a hotel that offers limited service on a holiday. Most people travel on holidays, so it made no sense. A word about the service… we requested pillows twice and were told that none were available. One night we got in late and found out that our room keys were deactivated, so we headed to the lobby and were stranded in there for 10 minutes because no staff member could be found. While down there, the phone kept ringing like crazy. Let me address the disgusting “continental” breakfast for a moment. The only thing available was half-filled, messy styrofoam cups of waffle batter. That’s it! I understand what a continental breakfast consists of, but this was a disgrace. This hotel has a terrible staff and inattentive management. Oh, and that grotesque room! This was truly the worst hotel experience of my life. Save yourself the drama and the headache. Just find another hotel. You’ll be happy you did!

Stayed July 2005