“Good average rooms can be found...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
New York City, New York
“Good average rooms can be found...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

...but you need to know what to lookout for here.

Comfort Inn Ocean is going through some sort of renovation of rooms and floors. I personally think they should shut-down the rooms and floors they are renovating. I checked in last Sunday 8/17/14 and was given a smoking room on the oceanside of the hotel. I made the booking through a third party reseller and this was the only kind of room they had.
I was placed on the oceanside however the room and floor were both being remodeled. I want to add the floor itself was being remodeld and it was a horror to look at, almost appeared as something youd see in a scarey movie. Also anything lower than the 3rd floor has your view obstructed by trees and/or buildings that occupy the 1/4 mile of land between the Comfort Inn and the actual oceanside. The hotel name is slightly misleading. Between the lack of view the and the smell of stall cigarette smoke was more than I could take. The front desk clerk kindly upgraded me to a 6th floor non-smoking ocean view room. She asked $30.00 per night for the up grade, I kind of grummbled, as I was staying 5 nights and this would add an additional 50% to my housing cost. She kindly gave me a complimenary upgrade.
I checked out on Friday 8/22/14, and checked back in the same day for 2 days, unexpectedly I had to stay an additional 2 days. Again booked through a third party reselled, this time I booked a standard room with 2 double beds, non smoking. i was placed on the 5th floor with a city view. Both the room and the floor were already remodeled and quite comfortable.
They charge $10.00 a night to park. i hate when hotels nickel and dime you like this. WiFi signal was weak in the 2 rooms I stayed in. Complimentary breakfast has a couple of hot items, it is a start to the day, but if you were looking for a low carbohydrate start, this isn't the place for that.

Room Tip: Stay above the 3rd floor if you purchase oceanside room. And City view rooms are fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I checked in in the Confort Inn in Aug 9 to celebrate my bday, in the morning of my bday we were awake by the loud noice of construction, specifically a shippinghammer to remove tile at 830 am, it sounded like a war zone, we went to the lobby and they were at that time other guess complaining, we were told to speak to a manager, the most unproffessional rude woman that we have no idea what is she doing in the hospitality bussiness, she lack any type of sympathy for waking up during a vacation many guest, i talk to her in private and she said she did not find that the noise can be a bother to us even thought was the room in top of ours, her name is CHRISTINA RACHELSON,she even made a rude comment that if my husband talk to her she will call 911, at that moment all i wanted was to left the place , she said she will not deduct that last date on our 3 day stay and offered to credit us ten dollars per day in parking, there also no towels, we spend 2 days asking for towels, every time they will tell us that they were been washed and one time they deliver for us to take a bath 2 hand towels, the facility is not well keept, the staff were from been in the front desk to cleaning rooms, one elevator only and all the time full of employees with their cleaning carts, overall we will never go back to that hotel, hardly no channels in the tv, she advise us that the next morning will be noise again, lack of consideration for her guests lack of t least our future business.

Room Tip: bad hotel will not recomend
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Me and my family every year take a family vacation to Deerfield beach my mom grew up there on 2nd street so it's so nice to go back and visit... And every year we stay at the comfort inn ... We love the breakfast the staff there are all real nice except for the jerk out by the pool or the pool nazi as we like to call him! It's am amazing location 3 min walk to the beautiful beach can't beat the location of this place! Close to shopping and lots of restaurants ... This year the were painting the halls and doing a lot of renovations but despite all that we had a lovely time... They have to change it up every now and again which we totally understand... I cannot wait til next year to come back love this place!

• Stayed August 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Loved location, pool was a lot of fun! Breakfast was average. Could have had cleaner rooms. Did see a roach in our room. Guess you get what u pay for. The choice of places to eat was fabulous, all within walking distance. Overall, we had a good time. Second time stayed there.

Stayed July 2014
East Rockaway, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My trip in June was amazing! The people and staff go out of there way to be as friendly as possible. Not to forget the breakfast in the morning, the pool side and right down the street from the beach. Just lovely. I cant wait to revisit in November for my big birthday with a bunch of my friends. At the price you really can't beat it.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My friends and I keep returning to this hotel because the hotel makes us comfortable and they know us well! We do the same thing each visit. Beach, beach, beach, then restaurants, restaurants all in walking distance. This was the first time we went for the holiday and the events were spectacular! The price is right and the hotel offers complimentary breakfast every morning & free wifi. This is the only place we go now when we want R&R, Beach activity and so much more!

Room Tip: We always pay a little extra for a room with ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is ok it's nothing fancy as far as comfort inns go its about in the lower middle but that is made up for by having a killer location. It's latterly a 3 min walk to the beach a 5 min walk to the fishing pier a 4 min walk to all the top bars and restaurants, and had a slide my kids enjoyed that's open till 11 an a pool side bar that I enjoyed. For the price this is hard to beat!

Room Tip: You can request ocean view top floors for a few extra bucks
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Oceanside? Share your experiences!