“Location is awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Location is awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is ok it's nothing fancy as far as comfort inns go its about in the lower middle but that is made up for by having a killer location. It's latterly a 3 min walk to the beach a 5 min walk to the fishing pier a 4 min walk to all the top bars and restaurants, and had a slide my kids enjoyed that's open till 11 an a pool side bar that I enjoyed. For the price this is hard to beat!

Room Tip: You can request ocean view top floors for a few extra bucks
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went to the Comfort Inn, Deerfield Beach on 06/13-14 for 2 nights stay. Checked in at 5:06 pm and Checked out at 10:00 pm. WHY? BED BUGS IN BED! I was FREAKED OUT.

Ms V. Foste (Clerk) said no charge (duh) and we left. My husband had brought her the 'proof' of bugs (twice) on a tissue. They sent a Guy to spray the room for insects but that would not help the bedding. They offered an upgrade to another room but by then we had discovered a similar complaint regarding bugs and insisted on canceling our reservation. BTW at 5:15 pm we placed our baggage in the room and immediately left to join local friends for dinner. When we returned at 9:45 pm we discovered the first bugs then several more lower under the covers.

Just received Visa Statement and we have been charged $94.85 on 06/13/14!!! NO REFUND. I am OUTRAGED. I would have EXPECTED a BETTER handling of the matter by a hotel like Comfort Inn. Our follow up calls to the General Manager found no interest in customer service and she claims the $94.85 will stay. Our next step is back to Visa and of course placing a story of woe and bad service everywhere.

Anyhow having recorded over several 100,000 Marriott points under prior business travel I would never had imaged a property with such poor CUSTOMER CONSIDERATION or SERVICE! Before considering Comfort Inn in Deerfield Beach FL read all of the reviews possible and save you self problems...we did move to a LaQuinta and had far better facilities at less money!

Also when I did speak with the General Manager on a follow up call. Even though we brought samples of the buges to the Front Desk, she claimed they did no see any when they looked and oh yes Florida might have bugs. SHE THEN REFUSED to provide the actual name of the company owning the property nor the address or telephone # of Comfort Inn Headquarters. Totally uncooperative in all manner possible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMFL893, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Although we realize that our guests do use Trip Advisor to guide their purchase, we are in the habit to not respond due to the fact that there is no verification process to confirm that the reviewer actually stayed at the property being reviewed. Consequently, we are happy to have our guests provide their reviews with no interference, since we are confident in the positive and objective reviews we will receive. In this case, although every effort was made to accommodate this guest, we were unable to confirm their complaint, and consequently made a decision they were unhappy with. I can assure all of our guests, past, present and future, that any allegations that are made in this regard, are fully and thoroughly investigated and taken care of or resolved appropriately. It would not be in our own best interest to ignore such an allegation.
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A great location for a beach getaway, room was clean Staff was wonderful, Gail was very very helpful. The breakfast was standard ... The down side was only 37 seats Extremly cramped in breakfast area for a fairly large hotel ... And I'm sorry its the 1st time I saw a comfort suites with a sign not allowing guests to bring food out of the breakfast area, which would help with the seating problem...( and I do have my state of florida health dept cert for restaurants and never heard of this before). good walking distance to beaches shops and restaurants

And I still will recommend this hotel and give it 4 stars, because of staff and location and I would and will be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had a terric time. Hotel room was extremely comfortable and clean. We had a lovely oceanview. We energized our bodies wih a daily awesome, healthy breakfast. We stay be the beautiful beach everyday. Beautful weather and plenty of restaurants. This was the best beach holiday we could have asked. The beach, the pier and promaende are just steps away from the hotel. In the evening we stayed at the hotel pool and bar. The bartender Jon was great. The staff were all friendly. We had ice cream every night at the Haagen Daz parlor attached to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

These folks have worked hard on their renovation and still have a ways to go. So far, they are doing a great job. I was just there overnight to attend a meeting. The neighborhood is nice...right on the beach. Lots of shops and lots of dining. I did a little shopping and a bunch of dining. As a travel agent, I would not hesitate to put a guest at this property. The do a nice and adequate little breakfast in the mornings and the staff is very helpful. I loved this old part of Deerfield Beach and I intend on going back for a full weekend. Do something for yourself....save a couple of bucks and stay here.

Room Tip: I would try and ask for an ocean view. I did not have one.....I looked out over neighborhood and g...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We loved this hotel, location, comfort and all the amenities; the staff treated us like their family. It is perfect for me and my family. The hotel was a very important fact for us to have a great vacations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

First off, let me start by saying I had an excellent experience at the hotel.

A friend and I split the modest cost of the hotel room. We were both 20 and needed to have a consent form filled out by the parents of those paying. This went well no questions just a simple form to be filled out and we were all checked in.

Room:
The rooms themselves are exactly as we expected maybe even better. The beds were very comfortable and large. The sheets were clean. Bathroom was nice. Definitely worth the money.

Location:
The hotel is located about a block away from the beach. It is a very short walk and was not an inconvenience in any way. The beach was fantastic. Substantially better then the beach near the embassy suites where our friends were staying. A huge plus. The area seemed pretty safe at night. Most restaurants and shops are a short walk away from the hotel.

Service:
All employees of the hotel were very kind and helpful to us during our stay. One night my roommate lost his key card and the front desk clerk was happy to help him out. We also needed a shuttle service to the airport on our last day. The hotel clerk gave us the name of a gentleman who arrived quite 15 minutes early and offered a competitive rate. They are a very competent, welcoming, and knowledgable staff.

All in all the hotel served its purpose quite well. Will consider booking again. Great value!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tropic Isle Beach Resort
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 96 reviews
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 367 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerf...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 620 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beac...
#9 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 329 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Oceanside? Share your experiences!