“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a small service hotel with lots of personal attention. Friendly staff, clean & totally renovated in 2008. Everything new. Sound proof rooms. Walk to beach, restaurants, & shops. Hotel is a boutique style hotel, extremely comfortable. Healthy Subway restaurant on premises. Totally convenient. Much value for your money. Lots of free items:- hot / cold breakfast, newspapers, internet. Enjoy Happy Hour at pool.

Room Tip: Added Value for your money, delicious free breakfast, newspaper, internet, fitness center. Location...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Before I began, I'm not sure where these other reviewers stayed but don't let the pictures and Oceanside view fool you. We stayed at oceanside hotels before and this place is a scheme.My husband was fooled by it and I was very disappointed with my two night stay here at Deerfield fl comfort inn Oceanside. Giving this place the benefit of the doubt when we first arrived it immediately turned into a nightmare. Around 2am in the morning I was awaking by an undesirable itch on my pinky finger. Trying to dismiss it by saying it was a mosquito,after looking around the bed for bed bugs. I felt relieved, i decided to take a bath,shortly after my husband came in and I told him what happend. He went into the bedroom to find an adult bed bug on the pillow. Immediately he went with the evidence to the front desk and they told him" they never had any complaints and all they could do was to move us to a smoking floor". This floor not only looks like the entry way to hell,smelled as such and infested with bugs. My vist couldn't have been any worst, not to mention I was to attend my sisters wedding in a few hours. In fear of the bugs I stayed up for about a few hours and when I couldn't take anymore I slept in the tub until it was time for me to check out Sunday morning. Reserve at your own risk!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMFL893, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
As the General Manager of the hotel, I can assure you that we take allegations of bed bugs very seriously, as the safety and comfort of our guests are our top priorities. The hotel employs a comprehensive detection program, which maintains the highest level of vigilance. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments perform regularly scheduled inspections. In the unlikely or unusual event that a guest suspects a problem, we immediately relocate the guest, isolate the area in question and act quickly to determine if the problem exists. If warranted, we will immediately remedy the situation.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

we stayed here for a night it was a very nice stay it is in a awesome location,and the staff was very nice and helpful.the room was very clean,and had the most comfortable bed i have slept in on vaction period. very hott water for a good shower. very close to all the night spots and dining.I planned to come back to deerfield soon and hope and plan to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
FLMom03, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you, Dave M. and Scubamom 1964, for your great reviews. We look forward to welcoming you ...... and your friends and family ....... back soon! The diving and dining is always great, and we will be honored to provide a good night's sleep, a great breakfast and a wonderful staff!
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just returned home from a two night stay at this hotel, having been a bit nervous of what to expect after reading some of the negative reviews. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. Ladies at check in counter were helpful, friendly, and accommodating, suggesting the Whale's Rib (walking distance) and Charm City for some dining options, were great choices. Room was clean and updated, bathroom seemed to have been recently renovated, beds & pillows were comfortable, clean sheets & spread, AC worked great, mini kitchen with sink, micro, fridge, coffee maker, shelving and cabinet space. Would have liked the breakfast room to have opened before 7, but the selection was nice. Maybe having the coffee ready earlier for guests to access would be better. Pool area was fine, towels available right there. Pool bar was a nice perk, but didn't open until 4 PM. I did see one tiny ant in the bathroom, but hey, this is tropical Florida, we have bugs! Subway next door with ice cream was nice and convenient. Had an early morning boat dive scheduled, so getting lunch for it the night before was great. Will look forward to returning here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was skeptical with the ratings and tried it anyway. This hotel is old and DOES need a remodeling. I woke up around 4 am to go to the bathroom to be welcomed with a roach. Later than morning as I was working on my laptop, another roach crawled across the wall in front of me. I then was welcomed by another roach as I went to shower. He was in the tub. I told the front desk of the roaches. The clerk shook her head and said, "What? We don't have roaches here. I don't believe.." and then I cut her off and said I left one in a cup for her to witness. Denying they do not exist when I witness and photographed them does not remedy the problem. I'd stay clear from here until they address this problem. Also, don't forget they charge you $10 per night to park your car. Last thing is, the bed is very hard and uncomfortable. Very cheap mattress.

Room Tip: Ocean side view would not be worth it to me. You are still a block or so away from the beach.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
FLMom03, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Regardless of appropriate and regular care and prevention, occassionaly we are taken by surprise. We have absolutely taken care of this isolated incident, and would like to reassure everyone that we have worked with experts in the field to ensure there is no reoccurance.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel is located one block from the beach. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Our room was average; what I would expect from a Comfort Inn. The comforter on the bed was stained and the carpet needed to be replaced. The location and staff made up for the shortcomings of the older facility.

Room Tip: Book an upper floor room oceanside to get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
FLMom03, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We, too, love our location, and realise that many of our guests are here because of it. We are also continuously in the process of upgrading our property, and have just completed new vanities in all our bathrooms, and a brand new fountain on our pool deck. We also look forward to implementing a new "Truly Yours" Bedding Package just rolled out by Choice Hotels in the months to come.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was on a motorcycle trip in March and the staff was great, let us park the bikes near the lobby and suggested the "Wales Rib" for dinner. A combination worth looking into!

Room Tip: they have an onsite bar that is nice but I liked Big Daddys just a short walk
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Oceanside? Share your experiences!