“oh my god. never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelers Inn Deerfield Beach

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Deerfield Beach
Travelers Inn Deerfield Beach
You added Travelers Inn Deerfield Beach to your Saves list
1401 South Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441   |
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
jacksonville
“oh my god. never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Ok. guys, make sure that when you book a hotel, please look at the area and ask around. If you are able to have somebody go to the hotel and look it over, please do. Wish that I did.

I was visiting some friends and arrived to the "Hotel". I do smoke and expected the room to smell like smoke, didn't worry about that. I was there for 4 nights. Bad mistake.

I walked into the room and was overtaken by the smell of something. I have no clue on what it was. When I walked into the room, the carpet I could tell was extremily old and very out dated. It was starting to come up and tare. It look as though they tried to fix holes by glueing parts of the same carpet back onto the floor. The table that they had had something sticky on in and burned my skin. I sat there in a stained chair that was broken. The lights didn't work and as I sat there, I started looking at the blood stained walls. I went back to the front and asked if I could move to another room. There was an old man there that I don't think that he could either hear or understand engligh at all. He kept asking this other lady, who was very sweet with a very heavy accent, what I was saying. She helped me out, but instead of showing me another room, she just gave me another key, but this one was by the pool. I went into the room and left quickily. Smelled like dog (----) in there. The room was hotter than hell and the bed had extremily old bed spreds on it. This brown conforter with green window treatments. What's up with that?

I tried a third room, this one was in hotel style room. This was a ton better, but still I could tell very old.

They need to come into the rooms that they are selling and look and smell the rooms. They really should upgrad everything and don't let me start on the bathroom. I know that if they redo the rooms and put newer items in the rooms, they could really go far and get a lot more than what they are making on the rooms, but what can you say, you get what you pay for.

• Liked — The older lady on the front desk with the red hair
  • Disliked — the old man that could not hear not speak nor understand what I was saying. Needs to dress for the job.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Couples
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Was very pleased with the quality of the room. The hotel looked like it recently went through some renovations. The room was large and clean. There was a problem with the TV but the staff fixed it rather quickly. Everyone was friendly and the kids loved the pool. While not a new property by any stretch, we were happy with the place and the money we saved.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Furniture was a bit dated but clean
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Aweful! Do not stay at this hotel. Thankfully we were only there one night. We talked about leaving but were unable to due to work. The room smelled horrible! Kind of a moldy, dirty, cigarette smell. Filthy carpets, smelly/very hard beds, smelly towels, and roaches. All the rooms we saw said non-smoking but it did not smell like it. The air conditoner did not work properly. The fan part on the A/C would blow but the A/C unit would not cycle so it never cooled off. When we showered the bath tub filled about ankle deep with water due to the drain being clogged with, uuummmm, we don't know and probably do not want to. We are very easy going people and do not complain. We travel often and have stayed in a large variety of hotels, this one was by far the worst we have ever experienced.

• Liked — When we checked out!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the room.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

This motel was disgusting. The carpet was unraveling in the middle of the floor, bugs were on the walls, it smelled like an old nasty no-tell motel. We had booked a room for 3 nights, and left after the first. We would have left once we got there, but it was so late and our kids had fallen asleep. I was afraid to take off my socks, even in bed. The refrigerator didn't work, and the rollaway bed looked like the bedding on it hadn't been changed in years. Blankets were nappy. I can't imagine a worse place to stay. We went to the Wellesly hotel the next day, and for about $30 more, it felt like heaven after the Travelers Inn.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

This hotel is filthy. There were roaches in my room as well as the room for an associate that was traveling with me for work. The room smelled terrible. The fixture in the bathroom shower fell off the wall. The windows can be opened but there are no screens. My windows were not even locked to my room when I checked in. I would never under any circumstances stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2005

While not seasoned travelers we took a road trip last February and stayed in 8 different hotels. The Travelers Inn in a good basic hotel, with a clean pool, helpful staff and large rooms. Not close to the beach it is an ideal spot for those seeking peace and quiet! A good central location with easy walking access to several restaurants, Big Box stores and strip malls. Furnishings are a bit dated but the bed was comfortable and the linen clean! Would stay there again.

Been to Travelers Inn Deerfield Beach? Share your experiences!