“Deerfield Park Hotel and Suites, Deerfield Beach, FL” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 West Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442   |
Ranked #20 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Whitby, Canada
“Deerfield Park Hotel and Suites, Deerfield Beach, FL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This motel was not able to honour the coupon we had for $44. and we were charged $79. We found the room to be clean, but it had no fridge, microwave, coffee maker, no hairdryer, no hangars! It was not deluxe but acceptable. I always take a kettle and cutlery, plates etc. so we can make our dinner in our room if we want. It appears some motels do not have coffee machines. There is a 24 hour fitness center, a billiard table, a bar and restaurant, guest laundry, pool and the WiFi is not in each room, just by the pool. Again a big annoyance! The motel is also close to a railway line so every once in awhile I hear the trains blowing their horns. Tonight was my turn to have no hot water! The breakfast was acceptable. There were several kinds of cereal, hard boiled eggs, several breads and bagels, 4 kinds of juices, coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Couldn't believe there were no hangars! Thank goodness I brought some and my kettle!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Valerie Z, General Manager at Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Park Hotel & Suites and are happy to hear that you did enjoy a comfortable visit. Our standard guestrooms do not include the amenities you mentioned (fridge, microwave, coffee maker), however they are available upon request and can be provided. Our deluxe rooms do offer additional amenities and the rooms can be requested if available. We do apologize for our error in service by failing to provide hangars and assure you that they should have been present in your room.

The train station you mentioned is located near the hotel and also includes easy access to a commuter train that guests can take advantage of for ease of travelling into Fort Lauderdale and Miaimi. Our Front Desk staff is happy to provide schedules and information on how guests can use this as an alternative to driving while visiting in the area.

We thank you for the information that you have helped to provide about our hotel and we hope that you have an opportunity to return and take full advantage of the amenities we have to offer.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at your hotel last month while in town for the week due to a death in the family. I knew this was not going to be a 5 star hotel but due to finances this fit my budget. All in all, the stay was comfortable and my room was suitable. Since I was not here for pleasure, I didn't get to enjoy the incidentals or relax at the pool. I must say the hotel staff was very accommodating to me during my stay. Elliott at the front desk was very familiar with the local area and was very helpful.

Room Tip: Get a Courtyard room - not a standard room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband was angry with the arrogant desk clerk at the name brand motel next door so we took our chances at the Holiday Park Motel. In all fairness I'll say the mattresses and bedding appeared brand new and the bathroom fixtures looked clean. Everything else was filthy. The drapes looked as though they had been hanging there for the approximately 50 years the motel had been in existance and had never been cleaned. We did not even feel safe. We slept very poorly and got up early to leave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear that you did have a poor overall impression of our hotel. We do strive to meet all of our customer expectations at an economical price in comparison to our competition. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to help ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests during their stay. We encourage our guests to always bring any issues they encounter to our attention so we may continue to improve the hotel and hopefully exceed their expectations on future visits.
Dalton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had to get door opened for me 1 time the electronic key did't work but maintinance had it fixed quickly. Great price and very nice grounds and Eliott at the Front Desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get inside room overlooking pool and courtyard. Nice Serene setting and you can walk next doo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

False advertising, hidden charges, fake, cheap, dirty.
Sticky carpet, Mold, smelly room, Sheets were sticky, not quite as bad as carpet, but It was a gamble which was worse, and itchy, bed bugs for sure here. I got dressed and slept in my clothes.
Looking for a bargain during peak season, I find cheap and nasty, 1star is too much, after checking out and finding more hidden charge ( i even asked on checkin whether the price quoted was the full amount and if there were any other charges and was told No other charges the price was all inclusive - lies!) I would actually like to give a big fat 0 Star here.
The ambiance of the place you honestly expect a buzz over the loud speakers and lights out at 9pm. I seriously needed the sleep but honestly I would rather sleep in my car and I will before I ever stay here again.
The hotel reserved the full room fee AND ANOTHER $52 security deposit before I even checked in without my permission, nothing mentions this in the terms and conditions, will see how long it takes them to release it, my big hate is hotels that lock up your available credit on your card without you agreeing, not many do this now, sad this one feels the need too! If you have to stay here, watch what your signing, the $52 extra is ADDITIONAL CHARGES ($20 phone, $10 pet, $2.12 safe, $20 additional guests) The Internet is so slow, connection dropping, it couldnt even open google page.
Couldn't comment on breakfast, didn't feel like eating there tbh thought I'd check out and get a 'clean' breakfast and emails at McDonald's.
On the good side, plenty of parking although I was mildly surprised my car was still there in the morning with all its wheels and glass.
Walls very thin, could hear people talking and tv in next rooms quite easily.
No closet, no fridge, no microwave.
Within 10 mins of having a shower my feet were black, I realized the carpet was more than just sticky, lol, flip flops on from that point.
Honestly people if you can't find another $20 for a different hotel, stay at home or sleep in you car.

Room Tip: Good elsewhere or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Grovetown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Checked in and got the card key, went to the room to find it was in process of being painted, torn apart, paint tarps, etc. Returned to front desk to say there had to be a mistake, got a key to another rooom. Discovered there was no TV remote. Went to the front desk to request a remote and was informed one would be brougt by the security guard. When this didn't happen, I called and was informed one wasn't available. Unbelieveable! I thought about it and called back asking for one from another room. I was told one would not be available until morning. Come morning, we left as soon as possible. I saw a La Quita next door. It has to be a better choice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

Disgusting hotel, dingy old smelly rooms
I woke up with bed bug bites and left immediately.

• Stayed March 2011
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
The room was thoroughly inspected after the guest checked out by our staff as well as our pest control company including the use of a K9 and no bed bugs were found.

Been to Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach? Share your experiences!