“Don't Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 West Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442   |
Ranked #20 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband was angry with the arrogant desk clerk at the name brand motel next door so we took our chances at the Holiday Park Motel. In all fairness I'll say the mattresses and bedding appeared brand new and the bathroom fixtures looked clean. Everything else was filthy. The drapes looked as though they had been hanging there for the approximately 50 years the motel had been in existance and had never been cleaned. We did not even feel safe. We slept very poorly and got up early to leave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Valerie Z, General Manager at Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
We are sorry to hear that you did have a poor overall impression of our hotel. We do strive to meet all of our customer expectations at an economical price in comparison to our competition. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to help ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests during their stay. We encourage our guests to always bring any issues they encounter to our attention so we may continue to improve the hotel and hopefully exceed their expectations on future visits.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dalton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had to get door opened for me 1 time the electronic key did't work but maintinance had it fixed quickly. Great price and very nice grounds and Eliott at the Front Desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get inside room overlooking pool and courtyard. Nice Serene setting and you can walk next doo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

False advertising, hidden charges, fake, cheap, dirty.
Sticky carpet, Mold, smelly room, Sheets were sticky, not quite as bad as carpet, but It was a gamble which was worse, and itchy, bed bugs for sure here. I got dressed and slept in my clothes.
Looking for a bargain during peak season, I find cheap and nasty, 1star is too much, after checking out and finding more hidden charge ( i even asked on checkin whether the price quoted was the full amount and if there were any other charges and was told No other charges the price was all inclusive - lies!) I would actually like to give a big fat 0 Star here.
The ambiance of the place you honestly expect a buzz over the loud speakers and lights out at 9pm. I seriously needed the sleep but honestly I would rather sleep in my car and I will before I ever stay here again.
The hotel reserved the full room fee AND ANOTHER $52 security deposit before I even checked in without my permission, nothing mentions this in the terms and conditions, will see how long it takes them to release it, my big hate is hotels that lock up your available credit on your card without you agreeing, not many do this now, sad this one feels the need too! If you have to stay here, watch what your signing, the $52 extra is ADDITIONAL CHARGES ($20 phone, $10 pet, $2.12 safe, $20 additional guests) The Internet is so slow, connection dropping, it couldnt even open google page.
Couldn't comment on breakfast, didn't feel like eating there tbh thought I'd check out and get a 'clean' breakfast and emails at McDonald's.
On the good side, plenty of parking although I was mildly surprised my car was still there in the morning with all its wheels and glass.
Walls very thin, could hear people talking and tv in next rooms quite easily.
No closet, no fridge, no microwave.
Within 10 mins of having a shower my feet were black, I realized the carpet was more than just sticky, lol, flip flops on from that point.
Honestly people if you can't find another $20 for a different hotel, stay at home or sleep in you car.

Room Tip: Good elsewhere or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Grovetown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Checked in and got the card key, went to the room to find it was in process of being painted, torn apart, paint tarps, etc. Returned to front desk to say there had to be a mistake, got a key to another rooom. Discovered there was no TV remote. Went to the front desk to request a remote and was informed one would be brougt by the security guard. When this didn't happen, I called and was informed one wasn't available. Unbelieveable! I thought about it and called back asking for one from another room. I was told one would not be available until morning. Come morning, we left as soon as possible. I saw a La Quita next door. It has to be a better choice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

Disgusting hotel, dingy old smelly rooms
I woke up with bed bug bites and left immediately.

• Stayed March 2011
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
The room was thoroughly inspected after the guest checked out by our staff as well as our pest control company including the use of a K9 and no bed bugs were found.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

First off this hotel looked like it's where drug deals go down! The bathroom was disgusting! The service was slow and bed was hard as rocks. The bathroom tub looked like it had freckles! They need to step up!

• Stayed November 2011
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had the misfortune to stay at your motel. I must say I have stayed a alot motels during my life but your motel has to have been the worst. It is a shame that you have allowed the motel to get into such horrible shape and still want to charge a full rate for the lack of service that you do offer to people. The picture that you have posted on this site should be taken down and replaced with the real pics of this motel. The second we walked into the room we were greeted by bugs. Towels were not clean come on use some dang bleach at least. The carpets was very badly stained. Toilet leaks the whole stay. The grounds were over grown and just scary to walk back and forth at night. The high speed internet service you boast about does not freaking work! We were charged an extra $50.00 for an upgraded room. Upgraded from what satans home! Most of the time our keys did not work even after we had them reprogramed. Then you have the nerve to send someone to our room when we were about to check out to make sure we did not take anything. What a slap in the face!!!!! I will make sure nobody I ever know or talk to come to this run down crappy motel. You guys ruined what was suppose to be a great weekend getaway I really hope nobody ever has to go through what we went through here.

Room Tip: Do not believe the pics of these motels if you know someone in the city where you are going please h...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Manager at Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
I was very surprised to read this review. We have upgraded our pest control company to one of the best in South Florida, purchased new linen and towels and commenced an agressive deep clean regimen in all our rooms and suites to upgrade them. As for the landscaping, this is done twice a week and all foliage is trimmed and pruned. With regards to the internet, this can be affected by the weather as certain areas of the hotel has wireless service. Finally, the $50.00 is not an upgrade fee but a refundable deposit that is made at checkout. We apologize if there was a misunderstanding.
Peter Demetrius

Been to Holiday Park Hotels & Suites Deerfield Beach? Share your experiences!