“Once great place showing its age, economics” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Stoughton, United States
“Once great place showing its age, economics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

A nice hotel and great value for the area; little maintenance issues still plague it. Shows wear and mgmt has little money or interest to tend to the upkeep. Now cockroaches too. The "fitness room" is a near-empty joke. Can't compete with better resort hotels, but is still one of best values in immediate area (if u have to be in Deerfield).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DeerfieldBeachHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We appreciate your review. We're glad you see value in our property. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are currently in the process of hotel renovations in efforts to enhance the property and create a better overall experience for our guests to enjoy. Major renovations can be a lengthy process but the end results will be worth the wait.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was our last trip to Boca Raton because my daughter is graduating from Lynn University. We have stayed at Marriott and other "nicer" hotels. I wish we could have stayed at this location every time. The hotel has easy access, it has the best welcome friendly staff, the BEST overall breakfast, the BEST clean and beautiful room/ammenities and we had a wonderful night's sleep. We definitely will stay here in the future if our path brings us in this direction.

Room Tip: Rooms were very clean and everything was in perfect working order.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Congratulations to your daughter! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly hope you have another chance to visit the area so that we may provide you with another outstanding experience.

Best Regards,

Little Torch Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Had booking issue that was not their fault. Resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. Courtious and knowledge desk help. Would stay here again when in the area and would consider a best western plus if available.

• Stayed May 2014
DeerfieldBeachHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to having you back when you return to the area.

Thanks,

Davison, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 with an associate. The room look nice, the hotel was nicely decorated and the staff friendly. Went to bed early because it had been a long day and we needed to hit the road early only to be awakened by hammering and sawing at 2 am because someone had told the construction crew it was okay. Got that stopped and slept another 90 mins and got up to hit the shower only to find roaches running atop the counter and sink..
My complaints have been raised to management and corporate but I just cant get the visit out of my head.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, take only what you need inside. Then there is less chance you take the u...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DeerfieldBeachHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and the appearance of our hotel and rooms. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Your comments have been addressed with the staff and we are taking steps to ensure that this is not a reoccurring experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Please feel free to contact me if you if you have any additional questions or concerns.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

stay away this hotel is dirty and I booked a king room and was notified as soon as I arrived that it was not available however I had booked this week in advance cleanliness was another factor. do not book this

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is through comments such as yours that we can better build on our service and evaluate our performance. Once again thank you for your comments. We hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to this area. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

was staying in ur hotel for work great place.the room ws very clean and the staff was very friendly the only thing I think that place needs is a restruante.the pool was beutyful and yhats where ill be staying when im working at the Deerfield beach surgery center it close to my job and idont have to get up early and drive a hour in a half everyday.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We are very happy you had an enjoyable experience.

We look forward to your next visit to Deerfield Beach.

Mount Dora, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The check-in was outstanding (Jarmaine) gave us the room with less noise,for which we were grateful. However, it went down from there. Upon arrival to our room, we found the thermostat temperature to be 68 degrees,, a little too cool for us, I set it up to 72 and left to have dinner, upon our return to our surprise, the temperature was 67. I shut off the thermostat and waited till next morning to inform the clerk (Jarmaine), who stated that's too cold and will send the maintenance person to check it out. I explained, that I could not adjust the temperature, due to the fact, that it kept running constantly, he said there was nothing he could do and to get another room. As we left to our meeting, told the another clerk, that I was told, I needed to change rooms,and I'll be back. Upon returning, I find out they have checked me out. Finally, they gave us another room, but hold and behold the new room had the same problem, hence my wife suggested we just leave, which we did, received lots of apologies......but the vacation was ruined, since we were planning to stay from Wednesday thru Saturday
Never have had an experience where I could not adjust the thermostat

Room Tip: Be sure you check the room a/c thermostat to be sure it can be adjusted
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind comments about your check-in with Jermaine. We apologize that you could not adjust your thermostat during your stay. We have recently started replacing out defective thermostats to correct this matter. We hope you will consider returning to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns at 954-570-8888.

Assistant General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!