“Nice Room-No WiFi” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Room-No WiFi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I checked in the night of October 7th and was told the WiFi was out through out the hotel. As I write this it is still not working, at least in my room. I was told I could hardwire and there was an issue with that as well. Maintenance came up pulled a router from the back of the couch and not only could I hardwire but also had wifi in my room. Several Best Western Wifi accounts came up on my computer and on my iPad but none were working. The router in my room provided WiFi, but it would disappear and return, very inconsistent signal. There was no indication that the WiFi was under repair.

As a platinum rewards card holder I should been offered a bag of snacks or additional points. Since there was no snack bag offered I am guessing the extra points will be rewarded to my account. I will be taking this up with the desk clerk when I check out Saturday morning.

Next problem was the running toilet. I finally called on Wednesday and a maintenance man came up but did not fix it. Thursday morning I complained to the desk and when I returned in the afternoon it was fixed.

My last issue is at the bottom of the door there is no strap. There is a could inch opening that allows in light and all the vermin that wants in. Fortunately for me not to many bugs joined me.

The room is nice, 2 room suite with a king bed was comfortable. Nice shower, adequate towels, and a typical Best Western Breakfast.

Had I arrived earlier in the day I might have looked for other accommodations due to the internet wifi being out. I would think this would be a repair priority. Let me also say I would consider staying here again provided the WiFi is working.
Today is Saturday Morning October 12th, and I am checking out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Sorry about the Wi-Fi issues you had to go through while visiting. This can be frustrating to say the least. I wish the front desk would have offered you a different room that may have received a stronger signal. We are indeed switching providers and upgrading our internet service. This work should be completed by Christmas time. I am glad however that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Thanks for your input-

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

From check in to check out, the staff at the Best Western was incredible. Max, Jermaine and Kristin are the best. The room was clean every time I got back and comfortable to relax in after a day out. Can't really comment on the location as it was close to my meeting points - not much time for sight seeing. Overall, excellent staff and relaxing accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello! Thanks for your feedback regarding your visit with us. We are very fortunate to have such great employees working at the property. We hope that you will visit us again soon as we are doing many improvements to the hotel in the near future! Thanks again for your time-

Deerfield Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was completely disgusted with the room. With two room changes, both of them containing roaches, I had to sleep with socks and extra coverings just to ensure they didn't crawl on me through the night. I was very disappointed with this stay. Poor quality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello! I am sorry that you had to experience these troubles during your stay. We are contracted with a large reputable pest control company that has a "guarantee" to prevent this from happening. However, this situation will present itself from time to time. We have taken the necessary steps in conjunction with our pest control company to curtail this from occurring again. I do thank you for your feedback and again apologize for the disturbances you had.

Millburn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Conveniently located right next to I-95, without the traffic noise. We had a beautiful room on the top floor with a separate sitting area. Pool is great, beach less than a 5 minute drive. Breakfast is pretty good. We had a great experience and would go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback on tripadvisor.com I am elated to see that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon! Thanks again-

Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Best Western Deerfield Beach Hotel takes pride in exceeding a guests expectations. “I am still in complete awe. Wow is all I can say… the fact is that the staff are all so very good and go out of their way to be helpful, courteous, and make sure you stay is going to be enjoyable and pleasant.
Bravo to the GM for one of the most professional, friendly, and service minded staff. Everyone is on top of their performance however because I have had more exposure to a certain few I would like to make mention of Max and Jermaine at the front desk and Jessica who is responsible for every ones breakfast each morning. They are outgoing, friendly, professional and thorough which I very much appreciate. The hotel is older and needs a bit of a facelift but who cares when everyone around you is doing everything they can you make your stay special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Anna,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that my staff is polite and is treating you well! We have enjoyed having you stay with us and if there is anything else that you require, please do not hesitate to ask! Thanks again for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Antioch, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It was a great experience. The suite was large with two flat screen TVs. There was free high speed internet and free parking. The hotel was nice to provide a crib for our baby. The breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello! Thanks for sharing your comments with tripadvisor.com. I am glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. It is very rewarding to get a chance to hear back from our visitors. We use this feedback to help us grow as a hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon! Take care-
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Outward hotel impressive, rooms old and needs a little sprucing. Breakfast was not anything to comment on. Have seen better at other locations. They seem to cater to local contract workers which all they need is a bed and a cup of coffee in morning

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charles R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello! Thanks for posting a review of the Best Western Deerfield Beach. We have made several changes to the exterior portion of the property and soon we will do improvements in the rooms. We have every walk of life that stays with us from workers, to tourists to locals looking for a stay-cation. We hope that you will visit us in the near future and we thank you for your feedback-

Charles Resta

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!