we very much enjoyed our stay, being out and about during the day and returning in the late afternoon, having a late lunch in the hotel cafe on the beach. Despite the daily rain, the sun was out before and after, with overall humid and hot conditions during the day and breezy, comfortably warm nights. The beach, which was a public beach, was clean, had soft white sand,and extremely warm water during our visit. The hotel had two outdoor venues for eating, both overlooking the beach with breezes off the ocean adding to the ambience of the meal. The food was good at both venues and portions were plentiful for breakfast meals with our 15 year old and 9 year old unable to finish their scrambled eggs/potato/toast meals. Fruit plate with yogurt and granola was delicious and plentiful. Lunch selections were tasty with excellent fried edamame, great portabello mushroom sandwich and tangy grecian salad. One drawback was the permissible smoking in the restaurant if seated near the open doors receiving the ocean breeze- trade off was enjoying the ocean breeze tainted by cigarette smoke. There were a number of very pleasant and friendly international guests whom we met, some from europe and south america, giving the hotel an eclectic, somewhat international flare. At night, music from the restaurant flooded the beach, which could be a plus if you like music or minus if it disturbs the tranquility of an evening beachside walk. As stated by others, several restaurants are within walking distance as well as stores such as billabong and other resort type shopping. In the morning, sleeping in past 9am was a bit challenging due to the noise in the hallways from both hotel personnel and guests. overall, would return due to charming location, nice beach with turtle nests, and acceptable vegetarian food choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning new Oceanfront resort with incredible views, beach access and Ocean-side dining. Just 33 footsteps from the pristine Deerfield Beach. This 8-story hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from Boca Raton, 25 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, 40 minutes from Palm Beach and 1 hour from Miami. Within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and nightlife, the resort features include: Oceanfront guestrooms and Deluxe Suites with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with Ocean views, fitness center, on-site bar and grill, banquet facilities, complimentary WIFI and wired Internet. Unbeatable hospitality makes this a perfect romantic, family or social event destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Howard Johnson Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson