“Modern Rooms, Cheerful Employees” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Modern Rooms, Cheerful Employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was thrilled with the ultra modern appointments in our ocean view room. The decor, the cleanliness and having a mini-fridge in the room is so helpful when you have kids. The waitress at the pool bar went out of her way cheerfully to accommodate my family. Our room service was on time, delicious, and the Starbucks coffee was greatly appreciated as I dread weak coffee. I found all the employees to be very helpful and friendly. Traveling with kids, I have non-routine needs and they were so accommodating.
This stretch of beach is family friendly, clean, close to fast food if you need it, good parking, the whole area is very secure if you run, cycle or exercise with the health minded who are out from dawn till dark. (Dawn on the beach is worth getting up for and safe)
We even attended a Loggerhead Turtle hatchling release at the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center just north of the hotel. Several government agencies and universities oversee the turtle nesting and beach conservation in this area. It's just beautiful. Thank you Lisa P.

Room Tip: Ocean view!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Its about time that a hotel chain really thought it out on how to treat their guests and make them feel welcomed. Not only did the front desk treat you great but everyone who worked there including the maintenance workers, bellhops, and anyone who had anything to do with the Wyndham always greeted you and gave you a big HELLO.

When we were in our room they delivered us a free tray of cheese and crackers with cans of soda. The manager Julian Felder not only greets the guests but makes it a point to talk to anyone he passes . When was the last time you were greeted by the manager of a huge resort.

The atmosphere of the Wyndham is beyond description and you have to experience it yourself. it is true that you have to get a room facing the ocean and on the upper floors to really appreciate the Wyndham.
I read some of the other reviews that the guests did not find it enjoyable. That is really too bad because the staff is really trying hard to please all. We stay on the 6th. floor usually and we watch the sunrise every morning. It is intense. Do not take a room with the city view in back of hotel. As strange as it sounds the view is what you pay for when you want to stay and see the ocean, and the city view rooms do not give you this.

Room Tip: ocean view only and upper levels from 4th floor and up. do not take a room on second floor that ove...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Once again, we will continue to return here! Love it and the staff!!!! Our entire experience is great starting with booking with Lisa Primavera to hanging out at the Patio Bar with the best staff! Sandy, Debbie, Allene and Michelle! The food is awesome thanks to chef Pat. Julian is a great host as well. The rooms are FABULOUS and brand new!!!! Clean and Beautiful! Service is always with a smile! The weekend is so fun with Roger George as the entertainer. We have been going here the past 25 years and plan on returning for the next 25! It is so nice to come back every year and feel like family. We are known by our first names, where else can you get that?! Always a warm welcome here! There is an amazing beachfront view. There is plenty to do at night within a walking distance along with being surrounded by great food! We can always count on Randy to make sure our stay is comfortable and we have everything we need. We meet new guests every year that have been coming as long as we have and our joke is don't tell anyone else of our hidden gem! However, here we are telling all of you what a great place this is and that should put it on your bucket list!!! Love this place and everyone who works there!!!! By the way we can't forget about the bellmen Roland and Marco!!! See you all next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wheaton, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

As past South Florida native, I saw the "Excellent" reviews on trip advisor and decided to check this resort out on my mini-vacation with my soon to be fiance. She had never been to South Florida so I decided to show her how much fun a beach side resort can be with hopes she agrees to move down with me in the future.

We stayed at this resort from Wednesday thru Sunday morning. The staff was very competent with all our high-maintenance requests, from the beginning of our stay thru our departure. My primary dealing was with a gentleman by the name of Otto. His attention to me and my significant others needs were dealt with immediately. He made it all about us and if felt like a honeymoon. Our accomodations were great, and he provided intelligent responses to all our questions. From whats there to do during the day, to where can we have a fun night on the town. The entire resort staff was friendly and quick to assist. I commend Otto and the staff I dealt with at this resort for making our stay memorable.

This resort has what you would expect from a Wyndham Resort. We had a 7th floor ocean facing view. It was beautiful and is worth every penny. We woke up ealry and saw a breath taking sunrinse. The resort is walking distance from the sand and water, there are umbrellas and snazzy wooden lounge chairs, and it felt like we had our own private beach. There is a long pier that makes for a romantic walk and wish I could visit more often. There are really good restaurants in the hotel and within walking distance, including the Food Network showcased Whale-Bone, which was great, Flannigans (known in SoFL for their ribs), and several trendy tourist shops. After our stay, I think my girlfriend is convinced paradise is just a move away.

Overall, I had an excellent time. I read some of the reviews and its too bad these other guests did not have a good a time as we did, but this resort in my book exceeded my expectations. The pool area was very nice, but having the beach less than 25 yards away was amazing. The building appears new, and our room did not have any signs of wear and tear. I would recommend this resort to my closest friends, and family.

Dave
Wheaton, IL

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean and on higher floors provide the best ambience. Its worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I just stayed at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort. First of all, It is not a resort, they do not even have a spa at the hotel.It is a hotel facing Atlantic Ocean. Service is very limited such as, room service and dinning ends at 10 pm, there is no complementary beach activity through the hotel, you CAN NOT call it a resort. Hotel does not provide any chair or umbrellas on the ocean. They have concierge who can arrange different activity agenda just as other normal hotel would do. They don't have any list of daily happennings around town. At check in, they hand you the same information about the hotel as you would find it in the room and that is a waste of paper and my time. I travel 70% time of the year and stayed at many hotel including Wyndhams. This one is very different and not a resort, It is misleading to the guests. They have a sign for "spa" and I was disappointed to find out they do not have a spa. They meant a whirlpool located by the pool. Business center is more like a computer station, but there are no writing pad, pen, paper clips. I wanted to use a scanner, but there wasn't one. You call it a business center?

Service at the pool is terrible. An old staff who can barely move standing around the corner smoking, forget about delivering service!. There were no towels, I was told to get it from the front desk. When I came to the front desk, another elderly lady who didn't seem very interested me getting some towels, seemed like she didn't wanted to move from her spot. It seemed like some of the staff does not care about the hotel guest. I did not like some of the staff interaction, such as valet, bell hop and front desk, staff moves very slow at this hotel. lack of training maybe? Its nice to see upbeat and happy staff, I haven't witnessed it here at the Wyndham Deerfield. At check in, this girl bluntly gave me a long list of amenitties of the hotel, Interestingly,I found the same informationsin the envelope and their in room directory, she sorta made me wait in order to listen to her speech. I was so tired, I just wanted to go to the room. I agree with one of the reviewer that the management is cutting trees unnecessarily, I dont need an envelove at check in, just have me sign on an Ipad like other hotel does. I suggest that the management should travel to the other hotels and check out their services.

Safety is a concern at this hotel, I didn't see any security personnel here.

One thing I can tell you for sure, I have stayed at better hotel. I may or may not come back !

Room Tip: Must get a deluxe corner room with a ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has hired and trained the best staff. Great and consistent customer service will make you want to stay loyal to a business. This hotel is nice, with a great location and you will be satisfied. Everything you need is in walking distance and that beach is awesome. S/O to Kelly the concierge she is so wonderful as well as Hedy. My partner and I had a wonderful time. I recommend Amante's Restaurant for breakfast, Lunch, or dinner. Its a block from the hotel and has the best NY style pizza. I got a tattoo, surfed, rented a scooter, and danced on the beach. We had a great time!

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We are staying in a corner room. There a three of us. We are average sized people. The room is ridiculously small. I feel like I am in a scene from Alice in Wonderland and I am a giant and the room is small. We have to take turns walking through the room because it is so small. Very disappointed with the size. This was to be a special treat for my daughter to stay here. I feel like I let her down. ( crying while I type this) the hotel is nice but I will not stay here again. Which is sad because we were going to come back next week.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort? Share your experiences!