“Old Tired Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 E. Newport Center Dr., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Old Tired Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a pretty old hotel- needs many upgrades- desk for work very small- not many electrical outlets. Works in a pinch but many better choices elsewhere for the money. Front Desk staff were pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the street and Freeway- kind of loud
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Trip Advisor. We can certainly understand why you feel that way about our hotel. It has been several years since the last update of the guest rooms. Which is why we are scheduled to begin a full scale renovation of the entire property starting this Spring, 2015. In a few short months, you will see a dramatically different hotel. In the meantime, our staff is working diligently to provide the best service in the industry, and we thank you for your kind words in that regard. If you have any additional feedback that you wish to share. Do you not hesitate to give me a call personally. We hope to see you again soon.

(954)570-8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have to first say that the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly..I believe his name was Cody...He upgraded me to give me a pool view..what I didn't realize at the time was that it faced a very busy highway and was noisy..so the best rooms are actually in the front of the hotel...

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in regards to your stay with us. We apologize about the noise from the street. Was there anything we could've done differently to handle your situation in a better way? If so, please give me a call when you have a spare moment. I would like to hear from you personally.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Hotel was not clean. The Staff was barely helpful and illinformed. The Pool was being renovated. Not a wonderful stay. We had to check 3 rooms before finding 1 that was satisfactory. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hi Howard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on Trip Advisor. We value all types of criticism because it helps us design training protocols to hopefully remedy situations like the one you experienced. Please accept our apology. It is our goal to have all of our guests conclude their stays with us happy and satisfied. If you can spare a moment of your time, please give me a call. I want to hear what happened from you personally. Thank you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First, if you don't know where it is - you can't find it. It is next to a Best Western (which is also sketchy) and there are no signs for the Quality Suites. There are many issues with this place, and I will list just a few: the rooms have a terrible smell to them; the "sofa/sofa bed is so soft that you sink almost to the floor, and I am not sure who could sleep on it without a horrible backache in the morning; the bathtub/shower has NO PLACE to put your soap, shampoo, or anything else you might need to have handy while in the shower; the paper goods were not stocked; there were no bedspreads only sheets and a blanket; the refrigerator keeps things only a bit chilly - and we have chemo medicine that must be kept COLD; do not leave sufficient towels/washcloths, etc, for the number of people staying in the room.

This hotel put a very large damper on our vacation as we are here for 5 nights - oh, and by the way - the price is more than double what we usually pay when we come down to Florida, AND we usually stay much closer to the beach and to where our relatives live than we are now!

Room Tip: find a different place to stay
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. We apologize if you were not satisfied with your accommodations. If you have a spare moment, I would like you to give me a call. I want to know what happened from you personally. Now, I understand that the rate was perhaps higher than you are used to paying at other times of the year. However, hotel rates throughout S. Florida are always significantly higher during the winter months. The Winter season is the "busy" season for all hotels here, and rates certainly reflect that fact at every hotel. This year is actually one of the busiest yet, and though we are more expensive than we were last year, we are still, on average, $50 cheaper per night, than any competitor on the Beach. So again, please give me a call. I would like to hear from you about your stay, and I would like to inform you about our upcoming renovations, beginning this Spring. I look forward to hearing from you.

(954)570-8887
Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night I was with my daughter Angela Smith and our children and grandchildren we had two rooms and one was as bad as the other. we found two roaches in one from and there, was a line of ants in the other room. Along with that the room was not very clean, My husband and I actually slept in our clothes because we were afraid to undress, the hotel was supposed to be smoke free but the room reeked of old cigarette smoke.Thank God we did not spend very much time in the room and we were only there one night, the tracks for the elevator were full of dirt like they have not been cleaned in ages. We went to the front desk to complain and the clerk offered us another room but when we checked that room out it was also smokey. The Breakfast and the location were the only good perks for the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. We are concerned that you were unhappy with your accommodations. We aim to never have a guest leave unhappy with their stay. When you have a minute or two to spare, please give me a call in the office. I want to hear what happened from you personally.

(954)570-8887
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked same day in the late afternoon. Good value and a very good free breakfast. Offerings for breakfast included oatmeal, fruit, pastries, egg-sausage-English muffin sandwich, make your own waffle, juices,milk & etc. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Near I-95. Staff friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we love that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

Quality Suites is conveniently located right off I-95 and it has roomy clean rooms. It has a very good hot breakfast with a good variety. The room was very reasonably priced. For those inclined, it is near one of the largest flea markets in South Florida.

Room Tip: The hotel is located back off the main road and is right next to a large Best Western.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
David N, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Hi Kent,

Thank you for your kinds words and for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Happy Holidays!

(954)570-8888

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!