“Amazing service, great highway location, and nice modern style!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Fairway Dr, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-1856   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Florida
“Amazing service, great highway location, and nice modern style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was a much better stay than I was expecting after reading the other reviews. I got a good deal on priceline, and it was worth every penny ($50). It was right by the highway, which was perfect for our drive down to Miami for a cruise the following morning.
It had some of the best customer service I've ever experienced (and I'm super picky), and the facilities were gorgeous. I loved the modern decor. It would only be better if it was right on the beach. :)
Only problem: the free internet didn't work in the room.
Definitely worth it!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Corning, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

The hotel staff was extremely friendly, particularly Julia and Meredith. We had difficulty with our computer and they went out of their way to help us. The room was clean and very comfortable. It is two miles from the beach but the trip is easy and there is a shuttle if you need it. The heated pool and jacuzzi were wonderful. We found the fitness center adequate for our needs. You can have a great walk at the beach!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The best thing about this hotel, in my opinion, is the location. Literally right off of I-95, just a ten minute ride east and you're on Deerfield Beach. Our family had two rooms that had comfortable beds. Or only two issues came with the on-site restaurant(breakfast) and the cleaning staff. We stayed for three nights. Our first morning we headed down to the "continental breakfast" in the restaurant. All of us (2 adults, 2 teens) looked over the VERY limited offerings and each got less then a plate of food. There were 3 or 4 hot items, some cold cereal, juices, milk, a bowl of mixed fruit. Again, very limited, a typical continental fare. Never having had any staff speak to us since coming in, finally as we were finishing up a female staff member/server stopped at our table and asked if we were done. We said yes and she took or plates and then said she'd be right back. We didn't know why, but waited to find out. She returned with a BILL for $63.00. We asked what that was for and she told us the "buffet" was $14.95 a person. Stunned we debated this issue with her and got no where. So, all the advertising of a continental breakfast are apparently lies. The breakfast is considered a buffet. No, no, no, it is by no means a buffet. We were furious! For the rest of our stay we did not step one foot inside the restaurant/bar area. We went about our day around south Florida and returned to the hotel around 4:30pm to freshen up for dinner. Neither of our rooms had been touched by housekeeping. Remember, it was 4:30PM! We did not hang any do not disturb signs, or any signs on our doors. Around 5:15 a knock on the door came and it was a housekeeper. She asked if we needed anything. We said yes, towels specifically, and then she proceeded to YELL down the hall at another housekeeper. As we tried to get ready the housekeeper came into our rooms fusing and fuming. She made us all feel that we were in her way. It was very awkward and not at all like anything I'd every experienced at any hotel. The biggest question in my mind was why in the world did our rooms go all day without attention? It was dinner time before they were even looked at/checked on. Then we were made to feel that we were inconveniencing them. We chalked it all up to experience. We were in south Florida to have fun and did just that. Next time we just will stay somewhere else. The poor customer service was just too much.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Several of my family members stayed at this Hilton due to a wedding in Delray Beach. The Hilton always seemed to hold themselves to a higher standard, but this hotel did not get the memo on that. Only some of the staff members were friendly, the lounge food was not all that great and the room we stayed in (for only one night) had mold growing around the toilet. I made sure I took pictures of the mold to show the manager. He did offer to comp us a free night, but I told them some of us were checking out and staying across the street, but for the few family members staying I asked that they give the free night to them, they agreed, but then when we arrived home and the Visa bills were received the charges were changed. We also thought we would give the lounge one last chance, so the remaining family members (still in town) went into the lounge for dinner. A few moments before we arrived there was a power outage for a few moments, but the lights quickly came back on. We ordered our food (there were six of us) about 5 minutes before the start of the Pro-bowl - which if you recall started at 7:30 - well it was now a few minutes after 8:00 and still no food. Oh, I should mention that there were only 3 people eating in the restaurant when we ordered our food. NOT ONCE in the 1/2+ that we sat there did we see the waitress. So when she did so up, we asked what the delay was, and she explained that the power outage caused a problem in the kitchen. Funny part was that she NEVER mentioned that to us when we ordered, or at any time during our wait. Also, the food was cold when we did get it. There were more problems, and I could go on and on, but I think you get the visual on this one. Please don't waste your time or money.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Englewood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Pricelined this hotel for $60 + tax... incredible deal.
Really friendly staff; they opened the gift shop after hours if we needed...

heated pool; technically closes at 11, but the staff won't bother you if you want to stay late; reasonably priced bar

hotel doesn't nickle an dime you; free business center w/internet and printer, fitness center, parking, etc. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed for two weeks, at The Hilton while visiting friends and getting a break from the cold weather, in New Jersey. After seeing some reviews on this site, we were concerned about the hotel. However, I am happy to say that we found the hotel to be a good choice for us.
Our experience was totally different from the reviews we saw on this site..we found no instance where the staff was unconcerned or non responsive. Quite the contrary, everyone we dealt with was friendly, concerned and very polite and helpful. The room was a nice size and very clean. We liked the separate area, which had a large desk on which we were able to put our laptop computer, and used the in-room connection to the internet.
The bed was very comfortable and the maid service was prompt. The bathroom and shower were nice with a marble vanity and came complete with extra fluffy towels, soaps and other amenities.
We found no problem with the heating or air conditioning system.
The lobby was large and well maintained. The hotel has a business office where you can make copies or use the fax.
The hotel is very convenient to Route 95 and self parking was no problem.
The hotel has a nice size pool with chaise lounges. However, the weather was too cold for us to use. There were some people who used it and seemed to enjoy the pool.
The staff was very friendly and, both the check-in and check-out process were easy.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

After seeing some of these reviews on Trip Advisor, I was extremely worried what I was getting myself into by staying at this hotel a few weeks ago for a work conference. This hotel still has some Hilton touches, but also needs some major improvements to be a player in this area. There are a lot of options that provide much newer, cleaner options for travelers in this area. I do feel the only reason the hotel was sold out for several nights was the rate, not the quality of the rooms.

Location
The hotel is located off I-95 in Deerfield Beach, and not too far from arteries that could take you to either Boca, the beach, etc. I saw one or two very small shops or stores close to the hotel, but I don't really think they'd be useful for people wanting to walk somewhere. The hotel does run a shuttle, but since we had a business hook-up, you'd have to see if they would take you anywhere. It was not a hotel that I would pick if I was looking for somewhere just to park and walk around.

Front Desk, Service, Etc.
The lobby was nice and featured a business center with two computers and a printer. There was no charge to use the printer (which I have found at some higher end chains). There is also a Starbucks "light" in the lobby, that was open in the AM, but didn't appear to be open much later than that. I did not make use of the fitness center. They have a room, I wouldn't call it a gift shop, that offered a few food and beverage items and some health products if you left anything at home. Prices were typical for hotels on the high end, but good in a pinch.

The check-in process was easy, and found the front desk attendant to be friendly. I did make a room change after I checked in and was glad they were able to accommodate me. I did find though, asking another attendant for something simple was met with a care-less attitude, which I thought was lacking in service.

Halls/Rooms
I think the hotel suffers from inconsistency. I ended up moving rooms as I was put in a room that was facing the highway and it appeared to be in good condition, clean, everything in working order (except the HVAC). When I moved to another room, found it smaller, in poorer condition and quality was severely lacking (i.e. the knob on one of the sink handles broke off), carpet felt dirty, the HVAC knob was literally something from the 70's. The hallway also completely reeked of cigarette smoke on the 2nd floor I moved to, but did not on the original floor I was on.

The room was tolerable where I landed, but nothing I would want to stay in for more than a night or two, and definitely not somewhere I would stay if I was in the room all day (I spent really maybe 2 hours a night there before I went to bed). The bathroom appeared to have been renovated recently and had a nice black granite top. Shower worked fine and water pressure was good. Towels were adequate and they provide shampoo and conditioner (no more lotion) and soap.

The room itself was aged. The HVAC unit was just extremely surprising. I've been traveling on business for 5+ years and never seen one so incredibly antiquated. It had a broken knob and switches. I was told originally by maintenance that the AC wasn't even working the first night since the bitter cold in FL somehow broke it. I know myself and several co-workers were really warm that first night and didn't sleep well. Would seriously recommend they upgrade that entire system, pronto!

The beds were comfortable and linens were clean, which is a big thing for me. Had both poly and feather pillows with a blanket in the closet. The windows really needed a good scrubbing from the outside and the carpet probably could use a good steam clean, or replacement. TV had adequate channels with closed caption. Alarm clock worked, but the backlit was broken, so I could never tell what time it was during the night. Iron was clean and worked fine. Room also had a chair and ottoman, work desk and chair and another completely odd out of place chair that looked like it belonged in a conference room. Probably should just take those out of the rooms.
Closet was a decent size. Room doors slam loud, so if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs.

Other
They do have a concierge lounge on the 7th floor which I used a few times since I have status with the chain. The attendant was friendly and they had food and drink available in the morning and evenings. Was nice just to pop in and grab a bottle of water or soda. They also have a computer and printer, however the speed was very slow. The high speed in the room worked okay, but was with my own card, so I can't rate their connection.

I would really say that I wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice. There are so many other hotels close to my office that have better quality and newer rooms. If you are going to be stuck here for a conference, you won't die, but I can't say at this time I'd recommend the hotel for people who can chose their own. If they could completely re-do the HVAC system and touch up the rooms that have not been renovated, it could be a player in the market.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!