“In need of upgrades... Both in rooms and in service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Fairway Dr, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-1856   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
“In need of upgrades... Both in rooms and in service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm currently staying at this hotel. Wasted money by upgrading to a jr suite... Should have just dealt with a regular room. The furniture and decor is dingy and the "suite" is only slightly lager with a microwave/fridge cart.
We had to stay here bc of an event so we figured we would try and upgrade a little bit and enjoy time away from home. Well we are not enjoying the dingy room and have already tried to go to the pool three times, but no towels are available. I have stopped to ask at the front desk and they just avoid helping. I gave up trying for the pool. Asked that pool towels be sent to my room so I could take a break from lingering in the lobby waiting for them. An hour later and still nothing. This is not the experience or treatment you'd expect from a Hilton brand, for the same price I should have stayed at a beach hotel .

• Stayed April 2013
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Your feedback is very important to us and I regret to hear that we fell short of providing you with a great experience. I apologize for the inconsistent service. I am sure it was very frustrating for you. We're reviewing your concerns with our team and will commit to keep a specific focus on our customer service. Please feel free to share any additional suggestions with us and hope we'll have another chance to serve you.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I will say the front desk and wait staff at breakfast were nice and were very friendly but that is where it ends. It did not make up for the worn out rooms. The showers had no water pressure only the pins and needle effect. The carpet needs replacing badly. We ate dinner outside by the pool on old deck furniture, dark lighting. The crowd at the pool was rough and I was so glad my kids were not with us as the foul language flowed with the liquor. The wait staff really should have had this under control but nothing was done.
Despite the signiture cookies upon check in , it did not live up to the standards of a Double Tree. I could not reccomend this hotel to anyone, could not wait to check out of this depressing hotel.
I rely on these reviews and wish I would have checked this hotel out before hand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize you were disappointed in your stay and appreciate your suggestions on how we might improve. We will incorporate your comments into our ongoing efforts to provide an exceptional hotel experience to every guest and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is another Good Hotel that My wife and I stayed at We enjoyed our stay at The Hilton of Deerfield Beach . The staff is very friendly and the hotel is always clean. I will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. The Pool was great at night since we had our stay during off peak hours. The sheets were Good Quality and All Down covers. my wife made it a point to check out who were the manufactures of the sheets and pillow so we could match at our home it turned out to be Hotel collection. with Mattress Pad all down Pillows. We had the Best Sleep in a long time here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get good parking. The pool is great at night especially the Tiki Bar
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was a Hilton and has been re-branded as a Doubletree by Hilton. We were immediately acknowledged and welcomed as Hilton Gold members. There is no doubt that all rooms are not the same. We had a gorgeous room with a huge loft type ceiling with huge windows on the end of the hall. The hotel itself has a tiered outside thus the difference in room configuration. The staff at this hotel truly go the distance to get everything right and in a cheerful manner. We loved the huge heated pool and spa, especially with the restaurant at the far end. We had breakfast on the outside patio and it was excellent. They also have a complimentary van that will take you to the beach and to local restaurants, which we took advantage of. After reading the other reviews here, I just get the feeling that perhaps the transition from Hilton to Doubletree didn't quite go smoothly and that is when they visited. We were just there for a three day week-end and look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Ulm, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

It started already at arrival, late in the evening from Europe, no help with the luggage, no explanation about the Hotel, WIFI, breakfast ....we received 2 room keys, where both of them were for the same room. Next morning we're told breakfast is for us as Diamond members in the lounge - the lounge only 3 tables, completely crowded and no food and everywhere dirty dishes.
Next day we wanted to lay at the pool - no towels available, we approached reception, after 30min we complaint again - and then we're told there are no towels available! So we complaint heavily that this couldn't be possible - we finally received them 50min later.
Monday breakfast - we wanted to have this in the restaurant - what a surprise restaurant was closed - and they moved everything in a big room - no information upfront, I wanted to order eggs - info was, kitchen is too busy to make eggs for you and the surrounding really ugly that you don't want to eat something. After this experience and still 8 days in front of us (as we booked 2 full weeks) we wanted to talk to the GM who's not available, finally we've had a constructive discussion with the Director of the Front office - she promised some compensation 27th December - we're waiting for this until today. So this Hotel not at all living the Hilton values, providing the Hilton standard and you feel not at all treated like a guest and welcome. So never ever again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm so sorry that you had an unpleasant stay with us back in December and regret the poor service experiences you had. After a long day of travel we understand that guests just want to unwind. We're dedicated to meeting our guests' needs and taking care of them. I regret that the level of business and the remodeling of our restaurant did not allow us to provide the level of service you are accustomed to. Since your stay we've made several changes to our service protocols. If you would consider revisiting our hotel I would be happy to personally make the arrangements and demonstrate that you made the right decision in choosing our hotel. My phone and email are listed below.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I frequent this part of Florida to visit my son and grand kids several times a year. Coming from the Marriott San Juan Resort Stellaris Casino where staff opens doors all the time and there is assistance with luggage to your room, this was my first initial dissappointment in this property. No one to assist with luggage or hold main doors for you upon arrival or any time. I was traveling solo this time so I managed to this by myself.I was given what was probably the worst room in this property on 2nd floor. Room was so dark that I had to request an extra lamp to have adequate light in room. This darkness is conducive for couples wanting initmacy or for individuals who don't really care about light since they are running out for whatever business meeting they are going to. I had half a window because the drapes in the room cleverly covered a wall. Had to open drapes to have additional light. Staff could not accomodate me in another room even though I was willing to pay for an upgrade. Was charged to have a mini fridge brought to room. Breakfast buffet was unbeleivably expensive so I opted not to eat there. I don't mind spending money for food but their prices are ridiculous. I live in NYC and am used to paying a lot for food, but this is Fla. This property is secluded from any attractions that might interest a family with children. Spent one night in this cave of a room having booked six days in this hotel I asked staff to change my room the next day again. Was told that I would have to wait and see if anything became available. As if they dont know who is checking out. I happenned to talk to a maid on my floor that was cleaning rooms. I asked her if there was anything available with more light. She was very nice and stated that she had just finished a room. I asked to see it and it did have more light.I then walked to front desk and spoke to Maddie about this room I had just seen. She told me that I had to wait for the maids supervisor to "ok" that the room was ready. My word was not good enough. I did not want to walk away and have them forget about me and give this room to someone else. So there I waited in the lobby feeling like a prisoner awaiting for a decent room. She "Maddie" apppeared annoyed that I did not walk away to wait for my fate with this room. Eventually I was the room I had requested. One would think that paying over $200.00 a night would get you something decent. Not at this Hilton! Never again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your business and apologize that your experience was not as you expected. We serve many different types of travelers including many families and we do our best to meet all of our guests needs. Your feedback is very important to us because it lets us know how we can improve. We'll be sure to review your comments for more lighting in our rooms and amenity prices. We do have certain quality assurance processes that our staff conducts so we can ensure all rooms meet our strict standards for cleanliness. While I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in trying to switch rooms, we want to ensure you're room is adequate prior to checking into it. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you with your accomodations.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night with my son. The online description indicated the rooms had kitchens/kitchenettes. Our room had nothing like that. However, when we called the front desk, they brought up a refrigerator immediately. They also provided the cot right away too. The staff was very accommodating and the room was very nice. Not the better of the Hilton hotels but I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for writing to us about your experience. Glad we were able to accomodate your requests. I was surprised to hear the comment about kitchenettes as we have never offered those. Perhaps you might take the time to call or write to me about where online you saw this as I would like get this corrected as quickly as possible. My phone and email are included.
Thanks again and hope to see you again.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!