“Good food, good service, relaxed atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 191 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Key West style restaurant, come on over and enjoy our savory recipes, unique atmosphere, and prices that'll make you feel like a pirate! Muddy Waters is located just off I-95 Hillsboro, right after Military Trail. Sail on over today!!!
Palmetto, Florida
“Good food, good service, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend remembered Muddy Waters from growing up in Deerfield Beach. We decided to try it again during a return to the area after 20 years. The raw bar was my favorite & reasonable. Our server Jason was very attentive & personable, but allowed us to enjoy our experience.The food came out quickly. Escargot was probably our favorite. The pork sandwich was really good as was the salad.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“This place is Great !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

You feel as if you are down on the Keys when you are here They are even growing Bananas outside this place. Plenty of parking and the food and drinks are great and only second to the service We will go back again and again to eat here as so many others do !! :O)

Visited August 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Take a taxi......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Interesting environment - gliding benches in an outdoor setting with fans and hydro misters keeping it cool. A cockatiel and a large parrot squawking and checking you out while you relax. I could envision a huge party happening there on a regular basis. We went on a Thursday night and took a taxi because we wanted to partake of happy hour drinks before our meal. It was still pretty busy, even for a Thursday.
There is an indoors - low light and busy. We opted for the outdoors because of the ambience.
The drinks were pretty solid for happy hour fare - I liked the Long Island Tea. My friend got a Pete's Painkiller - you can get it regular, strong or insane. He got an insane - it's rum based so I found it nearly undrinkable. He liked it. The girls had margaritas and they had several so I guess they were pretty tasty.
We enjoyed a sampling of appetizers; conch fritters (I thought they were very good), conch chowder (it was really good too with lots of veggies in it), spinach dip (nice with a lot of cheese). Had another round of drinks and ordered the main course. The wife had a burger - she enjoyed it. Cooked right, big patty, good toppings. Her friend had a burger as well. My buddy had the fruitta del mare (not what it was called, but a seafood medley with pasta). He said the mussells were quite strong and overpowered the rest of the meal. I had the fried seafood platter - it was a HUGE platter of crab cakes, dolphin fingers, diver scallops, etc. with fries and slaw. It was fried, it was crispy, it was juicy, it was everything I had wanted in a platter. Did I mention it was HUGE? They served it with a four condiment plate - in house sauces that were good to great (chipotle tartar sauce anyone? Yummy!)
No dessert - way too full. We had a lot of drinks and tried a lot of food - it was a really good experience overall. The bill was less than I had expected. The service was really good - good suggestions, water kept filled, light conversation when it became apparent we were there for a while. Manager came out and visited for a bit - just a solid visit.
Aside from the mussells my only downside would be that when outside, you can smoke. Lots of fans, moving air, not too bad even for a reformed smoker like me. But folks were smoking and I feel it's fair to let you know that.
Then we called the taxi to come get us and back to the beach we went.

Visited August 2012
Sunrise, FL
“Casual, Key West like bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner there last night for the first time. Service was excellent. Very attentive, friendly and polite. We order raw oysters... huge and only $.50/each. Escargot was delicious with nice pieces or fresh garlic. The all-you-can-eat crab was delicious. The roasted pepper Mahi was very good, but the white garlic sauce was a little to oily for my taste. We finished with a slice of their key lime tequila pie... Excellent!!! All in all, the food was quite good and reasonable. Nice selection for everyone with great "specials."
We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sunrise, Florida
“Make sure to try the Fish Tacos !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Excellent place, I have tried Fish Taco's from all over the place and have NEVER had one better then they make at Muddy Waters.

• Visited August 2012