“Perfect Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropic Isle Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Deerfield Beach
Tropic Isle Beach Resort
Save Saved
You added Tropic Isle Beach Resort to your Saves list
370 SE 20th Ave A1A, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“Perfect Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is my favorite getaway, perfect location, clean and very affordable. Heidi and David are super nice and make it truly a family run vacation home. I would not want to go anywhere else. I just wish I could stay longer……
Thank you very much for a wonderful time!
Kerstin

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spring Branch, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved our stay here. Great customer service, clean, quiet, and great beach access. We will definitely book our stay here again. The rooms were perfect and had all the amenities you could need. Thank you for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I needed a place to stay for a month during a relocation for business, and I was on a tight budget. The Tropic Isle met my needs perfectly.

The rooms are older, but they fit with the Old Florida charm of the place. They all have kitchenettes and I never felt cramped during my stay. Coin-op laundry is available too.

There are beach chairs and towels available for guests, a nice little perk you don't think about until you really need 'em. Several decent restaurants and bars are within walking distance. There is some road noise, as A1A is right outside, but I gladly took the tradeoff for the budget and beach proximity.

A few days into my stay, Dave (the manager, who lives on-site) offered to give me a bigger room. What a guy! He and Heidi are wonderful folks, the friendly neighbors we all wish we had at home.

All in all, I think I made a great decision to stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Enfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights after a 7 day cruise out of Miami. The hotel was very close to the beach and about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the restaurants near the pier. The rooms were nice although the beds weren't the most comfortable. We enjoyed taking a dip in the pool after spending the day at the beach. Overall, the room was well worth the affordable nightly rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tropicis, Manager at Tropic Isle Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review Tropic Isle Beach Resort. Our guests love our location and affordability as you did. We hope we figure into your travel plans in the future. Regards, Heidi..
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed for two nights here. Older hotel that is one block from the beach, short walk. Rooms are old but exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nice little pool and garden area. The managers are super friendly and helpful. It is right on a1a so traffic is a little busy but not too bad. Great value!

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks for spending time to review Tropic Isle. We love the "Old Florida" low rise beach feel and the value pricing that we can offer to our guests. No elevators, just open your room's door and you're in our grassy courtyard filled with native landscaping. Built in the early 60's at the beginning of Florida's boom years, so it's not a great looker from the street, but she's got lots of heart, soul and character inside our gates. ..keep us in mind for future visits...
dave
newnan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We found Tropic Isle Beach Resort online after almost giving up on searching for a very affordable place to stay close to the beach in Deerfield Beach, Florida. When I first read about it, it sounded too good to be true and I was very skeptical. But we took a leap of faith and booked it online. A few days later, after 10 very LONG hours driving, we arrived exhausted and anxious. From the street, it looked very modest and not very impressive. But once you walk through the gate, prepare to be transported back in time to a much happier, friendlier, cozier, and very relaxed Florida than the one that exists today in 2014! I started to giggle immediately, and pretty much didn't stop giggling the whole time we were there. The place is tiny--maybe 12 units--with a lovely, pristine pool and deck, and tiny, beautifully landscaped and maintained grounds with a large outdoor barbecue available to any and all guests. The managers are a very happy, very friendly couple who will make you feel right at home. The other guests are almost all repeaters, some of whom visit every winter for several weeks or months. Everyone knew everyone. We were the newbies but received a warm welcome. When they said it was close to the beach, they weren't kidding. It is a leisurely 2 minute walk! And they have complimentary beach chairs at your disposal day and night. Just pick them up and go. NO FEES FOR BEACH SETUPS! You save a BUNDLE on that! The rooms are OLD, but well maintained and immaculate. We had full size appliances in the kitchen area; other rooms have tiny kitchenettes. We stayed on the ground floor in Rm #108. The bed was extremely comfortable--we still miss it! The linens were new. The entire time, we were afraid we would wake up and find that we had dreamed up the whole thing. This is Shangi-La. A perfect 1950's oasis of friendly calm and cozy comfort in an otherwise chaotic and crazy world. WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK! (A short walk away there is a Crepe Cafe, a couple of seafood restaurants, and one of the best Italian restaurants on the planet! It is called Amante's. I come from an Italian family which owned a restaurant for 50 years--I am an EXPERT on top-notch Italian food, and Amante's has the very, very best!)

Room Tip: I don't think you will have a bad room here--though we stayed in only one (#108), the managers a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, thanks for the in-depth review. The only thing I might add is that, yes all our rooms are unique in their decor as well as always clean and fresh. If you stay here again, feel free to ask us to see any other rooms that might be open. I love to show off each of our rooms individual look....thanks again, Heidi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I came to Deerfield for a wedding and were recommended Tropic Isle by my cousin who lives in the area. When I spoke to Dave over the phone I immediately knew this was a top notch establishment run by good people. When we arrived, we weren't disappointed. The hotel is a beautiful little boutique hotel 75 ft away from the beach. The rooms are immaculate, and the location is perfect. Dave and Heidi do everything themselves, whether it's cleaning the pool or landscaping the garden. The other guests were all so pleasant we felt like we were at home. Just 75 feet from the water, we took a dip in the ocean every day, and they even give you a selection of beach chairs to bring to the beach! A great establishment run by good people, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Deerfield!

Stayed April 2014
Thanks for taking time to write a review of your experience here, often guests are nervous when their booking is based on very little actual knowledge of the property. We know from experience that small places such as ours can just as easily be a disaster instead of a glorious find. We always want to be the latter. ...thanks ...Dave

Been to Tropic Isle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!