“Nice hotel, good breakfast but slooowwww internet” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book AAA and Save 10%
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Deerfield Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice hotel, good breakfast but slooowwww internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn and the staff was very friendly. The room was big with a fridge and microwave. The service was good but the internet is the slowest I have ever seen. They have 2 stations where you can read your e-mails but it can take easily 5 minutes to load a page. So if internet is important for you , stay somewhere else.
They do have a nice pool outside and you can do laundry on-site also.

There wasn't any restaurant close so you would need a car for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
James L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello farm2099,

Internet connectivity is extremely important and because of that we are changing our standard and some equipment on site to aid and add to a better outcome then the one you experienced. As of this posting were are 90% near completing our revamping of our system.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for your feedback!

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Based on my family's recent experience, this is a well-run hotel with a manager dedicated to making the hotel's guests feel welcome. My wife and I recently stayed here with our two young boys for a week. We booked what we thought was a suite through hotels.com (big mistake, but that's a different story). When we got to the hotel late in the evening, we were placed in a regular room and not the larger suite we believed we had booked. The next morning, my wife politely explained our disappointment to the hotel's manager, James Lalanne, and he couldn't have been more accommodating. He promptly moved us to a larger room and whenever he saw us around the hotel throughout the rest of our stay, he made a point of asking us how everything was going. Another nice touch was on the morning of Valentine's Day, Mr. Lalanne walked around the breakfast area handed a rose to each female guest. A nice little touch to bring smiles to guests' faces. The rest of the staff was equally friendly to our kids throughout the week, no doubt following their manager's lead.

As for the actual hotel, it's about what you expect with a Hampton Inn. It's not the Four Seasons, but it is clean, the rooms are decent, the service is friendly, and the free breakfast is a nice bonus (especially with young kids). The location is a little odd, nestled between some office buildings, but it's only a 10-minute drive to Deerfield Beach and a 2-minute drive to I-95. The pool is nothing too swanky, but certainly nice enough.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again, especially with kids.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday before taking family to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel was filled with young people, dressed to the nines, and I groaned at the thought of getting no sleep while they ran up and down the halls all night. I had heard the desk clerk on the phone when I checked in that the hotel was full that night. Thankfully, the group was quiet and I got a good night's sleep on the usual comfy Hampton Inn bed. My room was huge, with a sofa, two side chairs, a coffee table, desk and desk chair, refrigerator and microwave, plus the king size bed. It was clean and the air conditioner wasn't too noisy.

This hotel is in the back of a corporate business park, so it would be easy to miss the entrance if you didn't know where it is. But it is very convenient to I-95, although there don't seem to be too many restaurants nearby. Not being familiar with the area, it was a trial to drive in the dark, but we found a Boston Market that fit the bill for our needs.

The man at the desk was very friendly and helpful at check-in, although he was busy. The man in the breakfast room was very friendly, too, and very efficient. The breakfast was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast (which I happen to like), and there was a lot of it.

I would stay here again if I was in the area. It seems to be more of a corporate hotel catering to groups on the weekends. Luckily, our group was quiet!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights and just great. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Rooms were great. Would stay there everytime. Great location 10 minutes from the beach. Near restaurants. Pool area was great

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just a completely underwhelming experience . . . the bad points (and there weren't any good ones):

1) Dated decor - they really need to upgrade the hard and soft goods.
2) Bad desk chair - old fabric, no arms, terrible seat - had to use the other chair instead.
3) Slow staff - lines at check-in, no sense of urgency, no speed at all.
4) Horrendous internet speed - I was basically unable to work. They have an old network that is still up and running; when I complained about it they told me to use a different one which was faster (then why is the old one still up?), but it was only slightly faster. It's the overall network because it took me 5 minutes to access and print a boarding pass on the lobby business computer.
5) Carpet was filthy - not visually, but when I took my morning shower dirt ran off my feet as if I had been outside barefoot.
6) Weak breakfast - rubbery, processed "omlette" and "bagel tops" that were just awful. I know these are common at HI's but they are just bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Frank C,

Thanks for taking the timeout to share with us some of your findings at our property. He is what we are doing to address some of your findings.
1) Dated decor - they really need to upgrade the hard and soft goods. Bad desk chair - old fabric, no arms, terrible seat - had to use the other chair instead.
a. WE WILL BE RENOVATED SHORTLY – STARTING JUNE TO BE EXACT.
2) Slow staff - lines at check-in, no sense of urgency, no speed at all.
a. OUR STAFF HAS BEEN TRAINING USING ROLE PLAYING SCENARIOS – INCLUDING USING YOU EXAMPLE TO MAKE THEM BETTER UNDERSTAND, HOW A SPEEDIER CHECK-IN PROCESS ENHANCES THE GUEST EXPERIENCE.
3) Horrendous internet speed - I was basically unable to work. They have an old network that is still up and running; when I complained about it they told me to use a different one which was faster (then why is the old one still up?), but it was only slightly faster. It's the overall network because it took me 5 minutes to access and print a boarding pass on the lobby business computer.
a. WE ARE IN THE FINAL STAGES OF AN ENTIRE HSIA REVAMP. SO THAT EXPERIENCE SHOULD BECOME NONEXISTENT AT OUR PROPERTY.
We are proud to report that… all your observation are either in the final stages of being addressed or they have been addressed completely!

Our most sincerest apologies for your findings, but your feedback will help ensure that no other of our valued guest make these same findings.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Typically nice Hampton Inn property but a bit pricey.
Clean, service-oriented, conveniently located.
Very nice pool area, limited work-out room, good complimentary breakfast.
WiFi was easy to access and above average in speed.
Check in was smooth and friendly. Check out was excellent in all respects.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed here MANY times, once for more than a month. The breakfast is disgusting and limited, and the internet is slower than dial up. AT&T (servicer) said they couldn't do anything about it because there was just not enough bandwidth for the hotel network. The doors are often messed up and you have to slam them to shut them. A bathroom light was out the entire month I was there recently. Also, getting in and out of the hotel parking lot is quite inconvenient. I will say the staff is friendly. Overall, I'd avoid this hotel if it wasn't so close to work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello GatorCraig09,

We are currently revamping our entire wireless HSIA system and slow connection speeds will be a thing of the past. Also, we are due to renovate our guest rooms come July so that should clear up your other findings. Again our most sincerest of apologies.

Been to Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach? Share your experiences!