“GREAT AREA! GOOD LOCATION!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 F.A.U. Research Park Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
St. Louis, MO
“GREAT AREA! GOOD LOCATION!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed 3/12-3/18/14 with my 20 y/o daughter and her friend and my friend for last minute college spring break trip on tight budget. We are not big party people so this area was great for us. If you want to party go to Ft. Lauderdale. I looked for an area more quiet and a place we could cook. Kitchen had most cooking necessities. They provided dish liquid packets and dish towels. Full size refrigerator fabulous with two burner stove and microwave, toaster. Not much storage space in kitchen or if staying with large family. We had a handicap room (not sure why) but was very spacious but where there may have been drawers in other rooms we did not have for wheel chair accessibility. We had room right next to front entrance so we kept our curtains closed all the time but never heard anyone coming or going. Heard no traffic ever. Great location immediately off Hwy 95. Walk next door to Cracker Barrel. Can drive to gas station at corner - had all kinds of bakery and deli goodies. 10 min from grocery stores and beaches and lots of shopping. We went to a different beach every day. 30-40 min North to West Palm Beach and drive same distance South to Ft. Lauderdale areas and many beaches in between (Pompano, Boca Raton, Hillsboro, Deerfield, Hollywood). My favorite area was Hollywood Beach and will stay there next time if coming for vacation ... (Hollywood best area because of broad walk, cafes, shops and quaint motels along the beach, cabana rentals on beach $30/day includes 2 lounge chairs. If you don't need a kitchen and you want to be by the beach stay in Hollywood for family or couple friendly! If going for business and beach or pool means nothing to you this is a good hotel. THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A POOL! We missed that. This hotel does not have a lounge area so you are either in your room or on your way to the car. The breakfast is get-and-go back to your room or go to your car to eat. Fresh fruit was apples and oranges all week, instant flavored oatmeals with hot water available, packaged muffins, packaged granola bars, coffee and instant teas. Room was very clean. We heard others down the hall had bugs of some kind but we did not see any. There was a smell in our room after we turned the air conditioner on. Meant to get a plug in but always forgot to. Staff was great! Happy to give us extra blankets, towels, etc. There is no housekeeping unless you stay 7 days then someone comes in. You have to take out own trash and exchange towels. I am use to Comfort Inn and Suites. This is no comparison to that. This is much more geared for people who are staying here on business -- no frills !!! No extras. But, I wanted to save money and the ability to cook. Beds were very uncomfortable. Linens were good. Darla C. Hillsboro, Mo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We checked in and the lady was on her cell phone on a personal call the entire time...she didn't even take the phone away from her ear to help get us checked in.
No hot water. Phones don't work. It's midnight and no one is at the front desk. It is dark and looks shut down for the night. So, here we are after a 13 hour travel day, and can't get help or get a new room with a warm shower. This is the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the the hot water problem and the phone issue. The Night Attendant was talking to the answering service telling her that you were at the front wanting to check in. Your comments were reviewed by the maintenance, and have since fixed the hot water problem so your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Rothesay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at this location for 5 days and were satisfied with the stay. The staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms clean and spacious. It is a bit of a drive to a beach (Deerfield Beach is about a 15 min drive) and there's not too much to do within walking distance but we would stay here again. Wifi was fine and the laundry facilities did the trick. I gave "average" to fitness and restaurant but there should have been an option for N/A. You dont stay at places like these for fitness and places to eat.

Thanks to the staff for a good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I am thrilled to hear our accommodations met your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The ExtendeD Stay hotel was a good place to stay. It was convenient for our purpose in South Florida. There was easy access to the local interstate system.It had the things that we required for our stay. There wasn't anything fancy about the accommodations but it was clean.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Mark - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this extended stay for a week, was a delight, from the moment I entered the staff was kind and courteous.

Its a small place, right near a park, and a nice Cracker Barrel with-in steps from hotel. Its open quite late, so if your just arriving they are open till 11pm. But the food was great for the price, and had a nice atmosphere inside.

But back to the extended stay, the rooms are all the same as normal extended stays but what makes this place shine, are the friendly neighbors, mins from the mini shoppings malls, 15 mins from Boca Mall, and hop skip and a jump from the beach. It had it all, and the staff was always willing to accommodate, and explain the area around. Hope I meet more as friendly as this.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Chris – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and our kind, courteous staff. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dunedin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This review is based on two different stays....I was very fair with this review. You get what you pay for.

Location - right off I-95....busy and not safe...not a place to walk around. Don't even think about it! Guests hanging around in the front smoking and drinking. Mgmt should address the drinking outside the lobby/parking area...it was like a loud house party. It was almost every night.

Rooms - are very noisy....the ones facing I-95 are worse than the ones facing Cracker Barrel. The rooms were clean but with awkward smell. It's a pet friendly hotel so I'm thinking that some guests didn't take care of their pets' need.

Hallways - smokey and smelly!

Staff - tried their best to address the issues...but it is what it is.

In summary, I do not recommend this hotel and I will never stay here again....even if it was free during high season.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 1st floor and any rooms facing I-95....if not then good luck!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the loud noise and gathered crowd outside of our hotel. Your comments were reviewed by our staff and we are taking steps to ensure that this does not continue in the future. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, so your feedback will be taken very seriously. As well, I apologize that your room was noisy and smelled unpleasant. I will meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this is properly addressed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I feel sick, I paid for the hotel in advance for two nights and i really do not want to stay here. Disgusting! Cigarettes smell mixed with urine. My recommendation to you DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I probably will write again tomorrow letting you all know if I survived. Wish me luck. Good night!

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for checking you into a room that had an odor. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are going to work on improving our cleaning services to ensure this issue is eliminated moving forward. For immediate help, please contact the front desk. Our staff will be happy to move you to another room so that you are not affected.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fdb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Deerfield Beach? Share your experiences!