“good burger but not the best I have ever eaten” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“good burger but not the best I have ever eaten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I finally ate at Charm City burger after hearing and reading the hype. The burger was good but not the best that I ever tasted. I had the volcano burger with jalapeno pepper; maybe I should have had a different one. The sauce mad the bottom half of the bun to soggy to eat; so I had to use a knife and fork. The seasoning was good, and the burger was good but not as juicy as I expected (I ordered it "under", which was supposed to be more juicy).
I liked the taste of the sweet potato fries but would have preferred them to be more crispy.
As others wrote, the line moved quickly, and service was efficient.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The Emperor Burger! Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have eaten at Charm City many times! It is always wonderful! Today I tried the Emperor! I have never had a better burger! AMAZING! 8oz Kobe Beef Burger, sauteed mushrooms, aged Gruyere cheese, truffled aioli! Worth every penny! If you are a burger fan you must try it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great burgers and milkshakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

A simple place on the outside but great fun inside. Good menu everything we tried was good - something for everyone including a vegetarian ~ the "Hippie" vegetarian burger was excellent! Great French fries and milkshakes :) Pretty long line when we walked in but it moved very quickly!

Visited May 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
“At last, the world's best burger.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My long quest for the world's best burger is over. I found it at Charm City. Great beef. Tender, juicy (but not too), full of flavor. I top mine with cheddar cheese, thick pepper bacon, lettuce, pickles and charm sauce. Add a side of the best fries you've ever tasted -- regular or sweet potato -- and you have the world's best burger meal. Don't miss it. Drive way out of your way to try it. You will not regret it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Burgers have never tasted so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is not really a restaurant per se but a grotty looking cafe from the outside with some tables and chairs. But don't be put off as they have the best burgers that I have ever tasted. I had the All American with everything in it. I had to wait 10 minutes for take away but who cares its not Burger King or McDonalds after all. I sometimes have terrible indigestion after eating too much meat especially if the meat is either not very fresh or cooked in too much oil. No problem here at all only god knows how many calories it was. No idea how to rate for atmosphere or special occasions so ignore? ENJOY..

• Visited April 2013