“Great value close to the best beach in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Major Room Renovations
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great value close to the best beach in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We rented an efficiency to save even more.How much are you even in the room ?
It had a kichenette so we could prepare some meals.Very clean!!They have a nice heated pool.
The entire staff was friendly.They have some beach chairs and umbrellas to borrow but they are old could use some updating.Walking distance to many great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room facing A1A can be noisy.The central air in the room was nice..quieter than units most expensive...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
daencro, General Manager at Carriage House Resort Motel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Value is an important factor to us. We know travellers want their money to stretch further. Prices are going up everywhere but we have not had a rate increase in the past three years. Nonetheless, we continue to upgrade the units and improve the guests experience. We know that by only increasing occupancy by providing a higher level of satisfaction we will be able to provide greater value to our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Weston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This little motel, nestled right next to Deerfield Beach, is absolutely breathtaking! The hotel staff is very, very friendly; you feel like a treasured relative! The room was very clean, comfortable, and stunning. A very nice part of Deerfield Beach is just 300 ft away. Pool towels, leisurely check out time, lovely setting, wonderful staff, close to shopping, beach, Ocean Drive (A1A); makes this a perfect hotel! We will definitely stay here again! (This isn't a brand new motel and it isn't a Marriott...so if that's what you are looking for then keep looking!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted when guests have the opportunity to have that "perfect" stay. Our guests come to stay with us for various reasons, business, visit family, a break from their everyday routines, escape the cold, enjoy the surf but each guest has different expectations and attitudes. It is wonderful when guests get to experience a friendly place surrounded by the privileged natural beauty and have access to so many activities this area has to offer.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here on the way to and from Key West. Yes, it is an older place but has been well maintained and is clean. The rooms are simple and came equipped with a fridge. During office hours (7:30 am to 8 pm), they kept a pot of coffee going for the guests.

Flavio and Suzanna were very helpful and friendly. They even stored some of our luggage while we went overnight to Key West. We had originally booked a room with one Q bed and 1 sofabed as that's all that was left, however due to a cancellation we were upgraded to a room with 2 Q beds, more suitable since I was traveling with my adult son.

Well located, only one block away from the beach and also within walking distance of several restaurants, shops and bars. The pool looked very nice but we did not have time to swim.

I can see where this would be a good place to stay for even longer periods, especially if you have a room with a kitchen.

The only down side is that noise from outside the room could be heard, such as guests speaking loudly or kids running around. Once inside the room, we did not hear noise from the neighbouring rooms. Can't say this was a huge problem but for lighter sleepers this may be an issue.

For Smokers only: Rooms are non-smoking however, they have placed ashtrays, chairs and sml tables outside each room so this makes it easier. You can also smoke anywhere around the pool area, again all equipped with ashtrays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Checking in was fast, service was excellent, he was very friendly and helpful and let me know what was in the area in terms of things to do and places to eat. I walked in my the room and it was extremely clean and very organized. I had a king size bed, the kitchen was a good size, a little hallway with a nice walk-in closet with a safe if you needed it. Bathroom was big and clean. It didn't feel like an ordinary hotel. My room felt like I was at home with lots of room to walk around. It had a very comfortable feel to it. My neighbors there was beyond nice, they even welcomed me to the hotel and wished I was staying longer and they were just guests there, it was very quiet and people was very courteous. The internet was huge for me as well and of course they do have it, along with cable. Everything was in walking distance including shopping and restaurants. There's a Subway, ice cream, coffee shop, etc. I ate at Bru's Room. It's a nice sports bar and it was literally a block away. It's safe to walk around and I've seen police patrolling the area which is a good sign. There's a beach pretty much in their backyard. It's a BEAUTIFUL beach!!! It is NICE!!! And low and behold, there is a Fire Station right there!! Talk about being safe!! I love the location of The Carriage House. There is no doubt that if I had to stay in Deerfield, Fort Lauderdale or any other surrounding areas, I'd be staying here again. I can't say enough about it. I really enjoyed my stay. I hope my review was beneficial to those who were considering staying at The Carriage House. A BIG Thank you to the staff of The Carriage House for your professionalism, friendliness and for making me feel at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent service and cordial personnel. A bit old building but in good maintenance condition. Great swimming pool and facilities. A short walk to the beach that made it possible to go during the day and for night walks on the strand. Great separate kitchen fully equipped that we used several times for breakfast or a quick meal. Will visit again for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a good place to stay if you want to be very close to the beach, not pay a lot, and have the option of cooking some of your meals. The motel offers a variety of room options, including hotel, efficiency and 1/2 bedroom units. We stayed in an efficiency, which had a room with a small pull-out couch, KS bed, and table with 3 chairs. The kitchen area had a micro, toaster, coffeemaker, and small oven with 4-burner stove. The staff was extremely nice, making you feel welcome upon arrival. Our second day there, I stopped in to let them know that there were 5 small things that needed fixing - she informed me they'd have it done by 1pm; when we returned that evening, everything had been fixed.
It is about a 1-minute walk to the beach, which is quite a nice beach. There's also a pier, boardwalk and plenty of sidewalks for walking or jogging.
The downside of staying here: since the motel is on the street that runs parallel to the beach, there's non-stop traffic noise. It does get quieter by 11 pm, but it's so loud on the grounds that I don't think I could stay by the pool more than an hour. Other guests seemed to hang out there a lot, so I guess you could get used to it. Also, the beds are hard as a rock - I found it very difficult to sleep (finally had to put a thick blanket down to give it some cushion), though I was told I was the first to ever complain about it. Don't expect any amenities at all. You get the usual tiny hotel bars of soap (no shampoo or lotion), and the kitchen has a small supply of pots and pans, a sponge and a bottle of dishwashing liquid. There is a safe in the closet, but it will cost you 50 cents every time you use it.

A few suggestions that would make it a little nicer: a box of kleenex in the bathroom (especially since there's a sign on the wall asking you not to use their towels to wipe off your makeup - so the only alternative is thin, scratchy toilet paper); a corkscrew for the kitchen; a channel guide for the tv. Also suggest that the rooms get a once-over periodically to fix what's broken. The window in the kitchen and 1 window in the bedroom couldn't be opened, e.g..

So, if you're looking for cheaper, completely non-fancy accommodations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friendly & most helpful staff welcomed us.
Spotlessly clean rooms, well equipped, comfortable & spacious.
It was a 5 min walk to the beach, & beach chairs/loungers could be borrowed on a first come first served basis, from the motel. This was great!
We enjoyed the pool, although not huge it was lovely to relax in.
Don't hesitate to book in here :-)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are quietest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carriage House Resort Motel? Share your experiences!