“Great stay with great service” 5 of 5 stars

Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeBary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Great stay with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of November and I was very pleased and happy with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful, room was clean and well maintained.
If you're traveling with family and trying to maximize your budget then the free breakfast they serve here is a great way to save some money on meals. Free wi-fi offered here also helps.
The location of the hotel was perfect for me. Close driving distance to St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, as well as Titusville and Kennedy Space Center. Also there's a lot to see in the immediate area, like the DeBary Historic Site is a 10 minute walk away, or Gemini Springs Park is a 5 minute drive from the hotel. Be sure to check out local towns, DeLand, Sanford. They are vibrant, fun and have awesome historic and shopping districts. One other thing I would recommend is to buy local honey from Fredrickson Apiaries, located on hwy 46. I found this place when I was driving to Titusville and stop in and had a nice chat with fellow beekeeper Bill and his wife. Visiting them will make your trip much more memorable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
kidscounttoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I stayed at The Hampton Inn for 3 nights with my husband and two young children just this past April. Not only were the amenities up to par the staff went above and beyond what was required of them. The power of kindness goes so far when away from home and the Hampton staff did just that. I felt very at ease and taken care of from the moment we walked in. The front desk staff were all smiles and made me feel proud of my children, not embarrassed of them. The room was spotless and well stocked. The bed linens were always clean and very cozy. Our beds were always made and the room was picked up after being out. We were at the end of the hall on the first floor, which was perfect. For any parent with a 1 year old you always worry when the crying will bother someone; however, I didn't worry with this trip. There was a play pen already set up and for my 4 year old there was a special purple blanket all her own. She was already excited about staying at a hotel and now the special blanket was the icing on the cake. The service for breakfast was outstanding! There was always plenty to eat and to choose from. Kids can be choosy and hard to please and traveling makes matters more challenging. The ladies at the breakfast bar recognized this and lent a helping hand every step of the way. We enjoyed the spa a tremendous amount as well. Not only was is clean it was very soothing to tired parents. Parking was never an issue nor was there an issue on location. The hotel is right off of I-4, restaurants are near by, a gas station right next door, and it is close to Orlando. There is even a great park a few minutes down the road. I value the time and effort the Hampton staff put into our stay from beginning to end. I will definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone in need of a home away from home. Thank You!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2009.

I wanted somewhere within a short traveling distance from Sanford Airport, as flying in from England, did not want to travel too far on arrival in the US.

I've stayed at other Hampton Inns (see my other reviews) and this was a Hampton Inn clone as expected, good quality, clean, etc.

Breakfast bar on a par to other Hampton Inns, the wi-fi was never "excellent", and I had occasional connection problems.

It's in a quiet location, there are no shops nearby, although there is an IHOP restaurant to the side of the hotel (had a meal here, enjoyed it!) and a Burger King across the road.

I had a room on the pool side of the hotel, this is obviously the better side of the hotel . . . the other side would look out to some trees/bushes and the rear of the IHOP.

I woulld like to point out that there are power lines running alongside of the hotel, I've attached a photo of the swimming pool - you can see the power lines to the right?

I know some people do have sensitivity/concern about power lines, so thought I should mention it.

Don't think they had any effect on me, anyway?

To sum up . . . as expected, would stay here again, and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

We made a trip to Florida to visit an ailing family member. I chose the Hampton for the location and the free breakfast it offered. We went on a budget and not having to worry about paying for another meal was good news to us.
We arrived early and although our room was not ready they did offer us another room that was. We checked in and the rooms are average size and they seemed pretty clean. The location is very nice, right off of 4 and close to 17/92. There is a Burger King right beside the hotel, a gas station and IHOP right in front of the hotel and a McDonald's about 1 minute away. We traveled each day to Orange City where my family member was, the Orange City exit is literally 5 minutes up 4 and has plenty of food choices [Sonic, Olive Garden, Subway, Chik-Fil-a, etc]. You can also go in the opposite direction on 4 and within 10 minutes find a mall and other misc eating facilities. Like I said great location and plenty of free parking.
The sheets were not changed every day so if that bothers you then you should consider somewhere else or mention that you want your sheets changed daily. The beds area not too bad if you like firmer matresses. The wireless internet worked really well and was free, got to like that!
They offer fresh baked cookies and milk every evening in the lobby area from 8-9 and my son really enjoyed that. The fitness room stunk, there are three machines [treadmill, stepper, and stationary bike] The stepper didn't work so I settled for the treadmill. But they do have a TV and bathroom in the little fitness area. The pool is small and the hot tub is average size. We used the hot tub at night to unwind and that was nice.
The walls are paper thin and if you are located near the stairwell exits you can hear folks climbing those and slamming doors. Our first night was not bad but the second night a college baseball team checked in. We were located right besides quite a few of their rooms and you could hear everything! They slammed doors all hours, yelled in the hallways, and just were really inconsiderate. We complained one night, wore earphones another night and finally asked that that coach be contacted. It really made our stay unpleasant.
It was also bike week and although there were tons of bikers staying at the facility we rarely saw or heard from them.
Overall, not a bad hotel the staff was very helpful and always friendly. It really was other patrons that made our stay bad.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Upon arrival I was greeted with a very nice landscape grounds and found the facilities to be very clean. While staying in top hotels around the country on business and pleasure,it is such a pleasure to find one that truly understands customer service with a smile. From the front desk to the porters,all were very friendly. Enough can not be said for the young lady at the front desk ,in fact her name was Young! From check in to my check out,she made me feel like a friend and not a stranger. The free breakfast, was terrific,and I love their fresh cook cookies, and they serve them ever night. I did one morning have a late breakfast and meeting next door, at the "I Hop" that was very good too. Really my only wish would be that they upgrade their television,and their pool while clean looking was small and not what a family on vacation would be impress by ...So Kudos to the team Of Hampton Inn in Debary Florida

• Liked — Great service,
  • Disliked — Older T.V.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona? Share your experiences!